EWB Six Nations Bookie

Farmer Reil

Possibly a bit late to start this, but I thought it might be a bit of fun. No sign ups or anything, just bet as and when you remember/can be bothered. Normally results and the next fixtures will go up on Monday afternoons.

To Win The Whole Thing

(Everyone has 5 credits (10 if you betted before the first round, 0 if you start betting in the second) to place on one team. Obviously, this is only a one-off bet)

Wales - 2/1

Ireland - 10/3

France - 3/1

England - 7/2

Scotland - 14/1

Italy - 66/1

For each of the regular rounds, you'll have 20 credits to spend. Due to the small number of fixtures compared to a regular bookie, the relative closeness in ability of the teams and the relative rarity of a draw, you're only allowed to bet on one outcome in any one match (i.e., you can't bet 10 credits on both teams).

Bets will be valid right up until kick-off. So if you're too late for the 3pm game on a Saturday, you can still bet on the 5pm game, etc.

Six Nations Betting - Round One

England vs. Italy - England 1/8, Draw 28/1, Italy 6/1 - Sat 3pm

Ireland vs. France - Ireland 4/6, Draw 22/1, France 11/8 - Sat 5pm

Scotland vs. Wales - Scotland 7/4, Draw 22/1, Wales 8/15 - Sun 3pm

Crouch, touch, pause, engage!

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never underestimate the ability of the Irish to be absolutely fucking phenomenal when you LEAST want them to be. :P If I'd picked them (as I almost did), we'd have had Crap Ireland, instead of proper Ireland. :( France weren't bad, either, which is the worrying thing. Although they did get decidedly less interested when they lost Chebal (and Heymans came on wayyyy too late).

Still, that's a good thing for a neutral like me, as we get three competitors for the title rather than two (¬_¬) and it was an awesome game.

By the way, in case anyone missed the edit, I've made a change to the rules due to blatant lack of thinking it through on my part: Anyone who's already betted (including metalman, since he picked Wales and made it easy for me ¬_¬), your overall bet is worth 10 credits. Anyone who bets between now and the second round fixtures going up on Monday, your overall pick will be worth five (since you have the advantage of knowing which Ireland has turned up, and the advantage of knowing that England are still shocking). Anyone who bets after the second round fixtures go up won't have an overall pick, since obviously the later you leave it the more of an unfair advantage you get.

My heart says Wales, my money said France, my head now thinks Ireland. :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Round One Results

TRW: 33 (+33)

Ffever: 31 (+31)

Dynamite: 29 (+8, +12, +9)

FD: 28 (+9, +7, +12)

Jam: 23 (+23)

Baddar: 17 (+17, +0)

Ellis: 15 (+15, +0)

Reil: 15 (+15, +0)

metalman: 0 (+0)

Woo, a bookie that JSV isn't winning :shifty:

Round Two Fixtures

Wales vs. England - Wales 2/7, Draw 22/1, England 11/4

France vs. Scotland - France 1/14, Draw 70/1, Scotland 7/1

Italy vs. Ireland - Italy 5/1, Draw 33/1, Ireland 1/8

20 on Wales.

Sorry about the crap odds, btw. bet365 is obviously having a bad day (but Betfred aren't any better, it's still more profitable to bet 20 on Ireland than on France, and Ireland have an even easier game than France do. Surely the added risk of Scotland maybe pulling off an upset has to be worth more than the certainty of an Irish victory, or have I got this 'betting' lark all wrong?)

Edited by Farmer Reil