Final Fantasy Play-Along

Benji

Favourite All-Round Character: Sephiroth (VII)

Favourite Hero: Edgar (VI)

Favourite Villain: Chaos (I)

Favourite Story: FFVII

Best Character: Cecil (IV)

Best Hero: Cloud (VII)

Best Villain: Sephiroth (VII)

Best Story: VII

I'd play along, but I'm a dirty cheater who will not hesitate to pull Game Genie codes out of my ass if I need to survive, so I won't. :P

EDIT: I'll play along when we get to Final Fantasy IV, but I'll handicap myself by doing a Cecil-only run. I've tried several, but could not get very far without cheating :(

Edited by Magus978

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to actually be properly on-topic, I'll go find FFI tonight and see about giving it a go. I sense it'll be too old and basic (and as is usually the way with old and basic games, too difficult) for me to actually get in to, but who knows. >_>

Okay, I'm starting on Final Fantasy I: Dawn Of Souls. My team is:

Warrior - J (PkmnTrainerJ or even PkmnTrnrJ doesn't fit)

Thief - Benji

White Mage - Ollie

Black Mage - Ruki

Was basically looking through the thread to see people I recognised from the FF thread, so that's how we got that. Might do it for each game where you can name characters. Right. On that note, let's go save the world.

Oh, tip for first time FF1 players, at a point in the game you gain a significant upgrade (when it happens, it's obvious, I won't say how it happens because, well, that'd be a spoiler I guess, and FF1's story is pretty basic at best), significant levelling up before this point is not a great idea, only level up as much as you need, because you gain much more stat boosts with level-ups AFTER the upgrade.

This is gonna be much fun, I'll have Origins on thursday and im off work all next week so I'll have a good start. I'll do me best, but dunno how I feel about finishing each game in a month, especially the later ones.

Either way, should be damn good fun.

Favourite Male Character: Cid (FFVII)

Favourite Female Character: Quistis (FFVIII)

Favourite Hero: Auron (FFX)

Favourite Villain: Reno (FFVII)

Favourite Summon: Ifirit (FFVII)

Favourite Cut Scene: Quistis fucking DESTROYING the metal spider boss. (FFVIII)

Favourite Limit Break: OMNISLASH~~~ (FFVII)

Favourite Side Quest: Chocobo Breeding (FFVII)

Favourite Graphics: FFVIII

Favourite Air Ship: Ragnarock (FFVIII)

Favourite Story: Final Fantasy 8

Guilty Pleasure: The dress sphere system. :x (FFX-2)

I see 100% no reason to fill in which I thought was best, because surley if they were my favourites, I'd consider them the best anyway? Silly. So, instead I added more Favourite questions.

I won't be playing along with FFI-V becaues honestly, I suck at them and don't really enjoy them that much. I also never really know what I'm doing in FFI. But if you reach FFVI-X-2, bet your ass I'll be the last one to complete each game simply due to sheer love of each of them.

On second thought, I may try emuing some of them, much as I don't like playing games on PC.

What would be a better choice, FFI on the NES, PSX or GBA? (if it was released for GBA)

Edited by Mr. TKz

Sarah!? Since when did FFs have normal names for characters?

And how long into the game, Benji?

Not yet, going to watch Heroes then I'm making my start, beginning with a seven hour decision on names and classes and ending with a bunch of Fighters/Warriors all named after milkshake flavours.

I got it for the GBA because it's both I and II.

And Benji, I meant for the "event". I flipped a coin for my names. Heads: name them after The Beatles. Tails: name them after Oasis.

Oh the event? Well, it's hard to gauge because there's a lack of character development since the characters are all generic no-names so I can't rightly describe when it is, I wouldn't worry about it, it's just that after that point levelling up becomes a lot easier because of the stat jumps and it's somewhat far into the game anyway.

How/when can you heal? I've just been slapped with my 3rd random battle and my White Mage is almost dead. :(

Edit: All dead. <_< They're not very good at running away either.

Edit 2: You know what I did? I totally missed that you could go into the little houses in the 'town' in front of the castle before setting off into the world. :blush:

Edited by stokeriño