Final Fantasy Play-Along

Benji

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the Lock spell do? I bought in an ill-fated previous game but I could not get it to work on anyone. :(

Focus is a Level 1 Black Magic spell. It lowers an opponent's evasion stat by 20. It was called Lock in the original NES version.

In the NES version, the spell is bugged, it always misses.

So if you're playing the NES version. DON'T BUY IT!

GBA version >>> NES Version.

So much so that it's not even funny.

So, what, I can't bring anyone back to life without a pheonix down? Lame. Inn doesn't work.

There's a church type thing in each town. Take dead party members there, and they charge you a fee to bring them back to life

GBA version >>> NES Version.

So much so that it's not even funny.

So, what, I can't bring anyone back to life without a pheonix down? Lame. Inn doesn't work.

I could care less, the only spells I've used so far are Fire and Cure. <_<

EDIT: However checking it out on Wiki has intrigued me, but which version do I get? All these different remakes are confusing me. Final Fantasy Origins seems to be the best one for the GBA?

Edited by Al SRNow

So...

Still early on, but just in case.

I got a freaking ship! All I did was battle some pirates. Also, nowhere tells you where to go but someone said to go back to Cornelia in your boat and travel directly south to a town called Elfheim. Trying to get some more gil as spells there are fucking expensive. 1000 gil a piece!

This is sounding damn fun, Im really looking forward to getting started with this thing :)

Sounds like it may be challenging in some aspects mind you, some things which are readily available in other FF games, may not be in this one?

Ah well, all is good.

Favourite All-Round Character: Vivi

Favourite Hero: Squall

Favourite Villain: Kefka

Favourite Story: FFVIII

Best Character: Zell

Best Hero: Cloud

Best Villain: Sephiroth

Best Story: FFVII

Will probably start playing through FF 1 tomorrow, I'm excited because I don't think I've ever touched that one before.