Final Fantasy Play-Along

Benji

If we're doing status reports...

idampe.png

God damn, I hate that Gav (Black Mage) died on me whilst the other 3 leveled up. I have a thing about levels in games being equel & that will piss me off to no end. I've decided I fucking love the Thief class, not so big on Black Mage though. I'm just at Elfihem now and am considering training on the sea, as I kept fightning groups of 6 buccaneers that gave me like... 400gil. Cannot believe the prices for Magic, it's going to be a while before I get all the ones I want.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't resist, so I'm in on this too. Here's where I'm at so far.

finalfantasy12dawnofsoups7.png

w240.png

Found a decent training spot northeast of Pravoka, at the tip of the continent. If you get into an encounter at the very tip of it, you'll face enemies like the Minotaur Zombie, Troll, Ice Wolves. They're tough and can overwhelm a weak party, but if you get lucky and beat them, you'll get some big experience, invaluable at this stage of the game. :)

EDIT: Forgot the spoiler tags. There we go. :P

Edited by Magus978

Just picked up Dawn of Souls, and am currently playing through 1 for the first time. I'm finding the little sprites to be a charming and refreshing change of pace from the more realistic graphics of today.

I've just beaten Garland, I'll edit in here with a screen cap of my party a little later tonight.
Edited by Venom

Favourite Male Character: Edgar (FFVI)

Favourite Female Character: Yuna (FFX) First "love interest" I didn't want to strangle.

Favourite Hero: Cecil (FFIV)

Favourite Villain: Kefka (FFVI)

Favourite Summon: Ramuh

Favourite Cut Scene: Opening of FFVII

Favourite Limit Break: Dolphin Kick! (FFVII)

Favourite Side Quest: Wutai (FFVII)

Favourite Graphics: FFX

Favourite Air Ship: Highwind

Favourite Story: FFVI

Guilty Pleasure: Yuffie (FFVII)

I put Yuffie as my favourite character of all, so I was just wondering. :P I manage to find her constantly hilarious whilst simultaneously wishing to bash her over the head with some kind of heavy mallet. I felt this dichotomy was an achievement deserving of my accolade. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

I put Yuffie as my favourite character of all, so I was just wondering. :P I manage to find her constantly hilarious whilst simultaneously wishing to bash her over the head with some kind of heavy mallet. I felt this dichotomy was an achievement deserving of my accolade. >_>

Hence the guilty pleasure. I don't really like her as a character, yet I would always have her in my party just because she'd add the most random shit to situations.

Status Update

123p5ye.png

After being annoyed that I couldn't buy all the spells I wanted, I started grinding for money. Turns out I may have grinded too much, because everything has been a piece of piss thus far in the game. I've just entered Mount Deuger and I've been using the Mystic Key to open all the doors that were locked before to get lots of quality items. I recomend going to the Western Keep and in the room that's unlocked by the Mystic Key, you'll find some cool items like Falachion which is great for your Thief. But that's not why I recomend it, it's because there are only 2 types of enemy in that room: Ghost things and Mummys, both of which you'll fight lots off at a time, they're not TOO strong and they give A LOT of gil and exp. :) Back to my game.

Bah, gil grinding. This is the reason I quit playinjg FFI the first time, and also the reason I used to hate XII with a passion. So far I've only got Cura and Fira, just got to get the rest, most of which I'm not even able to use atm. Several hours of battles ensues I guess... after work. :(

Bah, gil grinding. This is the reason I quit playinjg FFI the first time, and also the reason I used to hate XII with a passion. So far I've only got Cura and Fira, just got to get the rest, most of which I'm not even able to use atm. Several hours of battles ensues I guess... after work. :(

Don't gil grind for everything, just buy stuff as/when you feel you need it, you can't use magic a huge amount anyway without wasting it (unless it's on a boss), so there's not a whole lot of point in grinding for stuff you can't use a heck of a lot.

Don't gil grind for everything, just buy stuff as/when you feel you need it, you can't use magic a huge amount anyway without wasting it (unless it's on a boss), so there's not a whole lot of point in grinding for stuff you can't use a heck of a lot.

I have the PSP version which uses MP instead of that retarded 'so many uses for each level' thing. I actually can use my magic a fair bit before I run out of MP too.

So, should I bother to get heal? I'd prefer to get Nulblaze, but heal has it's appeal too. How much does it actually heal by at about level 11? If it's less than Cure would on one person, I won't bother.