Final Fantasy Play-Along

Benji

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the stuff in Marsh Cave worth it? :shifty:

Silver Armlet, Antidote & 1021 GIL. I skipped it, but definatley go to Chaos Shrine (if for no reason other than the treasure room being a kickass place to get money and gil) and Western Keep. Wereblade and Runebuster are great weapons (esp. if you have a theif and a fighter) and castle corneria had the Mythril Knife that my Black Mage is most happy to have. :)

So been playing a bit, I've managed to buy all the good weapons/armour and any useful spells for now. My party is at Lvl. 3 but i havent done any of the story as such yet (apart from talking to the king).

Im actually having fun just fighting and levelling up, which is weird cos I usually hate that aspect of these games (too time consuming when i want to progress storywise).. but Im going to make it to level 5 before I go after Garland.

Just out of curiosity, I take it Garland is in the temple to the North of Cornelia?

So, before I start playing again, I'll give a:

Status Update

I'm on GBA, so can't provide screenshot. :(

J (Warrior) Level 24

Benji (Thief) Level 24

Ollie (White Mage) Level 24

Ruki (Black Mage) Level 24

Time: 05:00

Gil: 89696

I have the Earth Crystal and am apparently in the right place for the Fire Crystal. Crescent Lake. Healra has been very useful. I also have Firaga which I keep using to take down groups of enemies, though I probably don't need to.

finalfantasy12dawnofsoufk2.png
w240.png

Three crystals down, one to go! I have the Warp Cube, but I just don't remember where to use it...so now I'm going to just bum-rush all the available optional dungeons and level the hell out of these characters in preperation to fight Tiamat.
Edited by Magus978

Before I begin playing for today, here's my first Status Update:

DawnofSouls01.png

Just entering the Marsh Cave for the first time, and so far it's been great. Earlier I noticed that I am currently playing through Final Fantasy I and Oblivion, and I'm actually finding FFI to be a little bit more rewarding to play. Excited to press onward.

Okay that'll have to do me for today;

Im playing on the PS2 so no screenshots from me either.

Will (Warrior) Level 7

Pietro (Thief) Level 6

Lucas (White Mage) Level 7

Victor (Black Mage) Level 7

Time: 05:00

Gil: 3013

First of all don't be fooled by my time, I left the game turned on accidently for a few hours today while not playing. Got slightly shafted by a group of Ogres resulting in my first KO, which was my thief hence why he's only Lv. 6 and the others are all at 7. Someone mentioned this earlier, and its mega annoying to not have everyone levelling equally now. I'm doing alright for Gil, and I have any weapons and magic thats any good for the minute. No crystals, but I suspect this cave atop the North Continent houses the first of them.

Things to Do Upon Next Playing

• Find the mystic key
  • Get my first crystal
  • Get Cure2
  • Reach Lv. 10 before entering cave

Cure Just aint cutting it anymore, and theres lots of treasure rooms I can't access. After the Ogres, Im wanting to get myself to level 10 before I go much further just to be safe, the levelling up earlier paid off as Garland was a piece of piss to beat.

Status Updato~~~

ffbndk.png

Clocked 15 hours, that's 15 hours of my life I'll never have back. ¬¬ Either way, I'm fully prepped for getting the final crystal now, but someone mentioned optional dungeons? Do tell. :pervert:

I now have Flare, Holy all the good Lvl. 8 Magic and I'll probally have the game beaten by... I would say tomorrow night, but I plan on going out with a few mates for a couple drinks, it being friday night and all, so I'll probally have the game finished by saturday night. Just in time for half term, leaving me nothing to do. :|

Uuuh, Chrono Trigger play along for everyone else that'll probally have the game beat? I've got it for an OLDDDD SNES console, but I don't think I've ever really played it properly.

Another section done, so another update.

J (Warrior) Level 28

Benji (Thief) Level 28

Ollie (White Mage) Level 28

Ruki (Black Mage) Level 28

Time: 06:12

Gil: 63361

Beat Kary (okay, not called that but is in 8BT and can't remember the name) in the volcano. Benji died just before the following blow knocking the levelling out of whack. First KO in the game. So, two more crystals to go, but I'm not sure where to go for the next one. Got my canoe, so I'll have a look around.

Keep getting poisoned, so might nip back to Cornelia briefly and get Poisona, or stock up on Antidotes somewhere as the nearby town doesn't stock them.