Final Fantasy Play-Along

Benji

After some discussion in the Final Fantasy thread, it seems several of us want to play through the Final Fantasy series (main games, anywho) as a group, enjoying the travels all the way, together, sharing experience points and special skills and enjoying the rich stories, characters and battle systems that the games provide. So simple enough, we'll dedicate a smooth 28 days (four weeks) to each game. Obviously if you feel like playing out of order then bully to you, but one would assume you're more likely to get a "community spirit/discussion" from playing together. So our first 28 days will be... 10th February - 9th March: Final Fantasy.

Before we start though, I thought it might be interesting if we saw how peoples opinions changed from start to finish, so if you care to do it, just have a look at the following and, if you feel like it, add in a little explanation for why you feel that way.

Favourite All-Round Character:

Favourite Hero:

Favourite Villain:

Favourite Story:

Best Character:

Best Hero:

Best Villain:

Best Story:

Feel free to add in other points of discussion. Also, let's not forget... SPOILER TAGS! Simple enough rule, if you post a spoiler, put it in a tag and above it describe the location in the game you're at, as to not spoil surprises for first time players.

As always, suggestions welcome :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the original FF, or 2 or 3, for that matter. :( I'll definitely play everything after that though. I look forward to it. :)

Not that I condone this type of thing, especially since the games are available for, like, £10 on PSP and GBA, but there are other methods for playing them :(

I don't have the original FF, or 2 or 3, for that matter. :( I'll definitely play everything after that though. I look forward to it. :)

Not that I condone this type of thing, especially since the games are available for, like, £10 on PSP and GBA, but there are other methods for playing them :(

Emulators hate my PC with a burning passion, so illegalness is kinda out of the question. I'll pop into town next week, see if I can pick them up for the PSP cheap. :)

I thought I'd be able to join in, but I've just checked my copy of Origins to see if it still works (haven't played it for about three years) and simply put, it doesn't. Large scratch going from one edge of the disc to the other would probably explain it.

:/ Is quite annoying really, 'cos the next FF game I have in my collection is...IX. Which would be played *counts on fingers* eight months from now. I may be able to scav Final Fantasy VII off a mate, but that's about it really. Shame, 'cos I never got round to finishing I and II and now would have been a good time to do it.

Ah well, will just have to read the exploits of you lot. :)

My favourite character is the blonde Rikku chick from FFX2.

Rikku--cosplay2.jpg

:shifty:

Screw it I'll just go to the cosplay convention and take photos of any Rikkus I can find and become a fully-fledged honest perv.

Edited by ReneArtoisAteMyHamster

Favourite All-Round Character: Yuffie (VII)

Favourite Hero: Cloud (VII)

Favourite Villain: Sephiroth (VII)

Favourite Story: FFX*

Best Character: Auron (X)**

Best Hero: Zidane (IX)

Best Villain: Sephiroth (VII)

Best Story: FFVII

* - I couldn't really figure out how to differentiate 'favourite' from 'best' story, so I decided to take the former as 'the game I like the best' as opposed to 'the best plot', which I left for the latter.

** - This one was too difficult, with so many factors to consider, so I awarded it to my 'runner-up' from the first catagory. :shifty:

Favourite All-Round Character: Don Corneo :shifty:

Favourite Hero: Cloud

Favourite Villain: Wiegraf

Favourite Story: VII

Best Character: Dragoons/Lancers from Tactics

Best Hero: Ramza

Best Villain: Rufus :shifty:

Best Story: Tactics

I think the list needs modifying. The distinction between 'Favourite' and 'Best', for a start, are annoying and difficult. To me at least. :shifty:

Some suggestions:

Favourite Character (to play in battle):

Favourite Character (personality):

Favourite Character (all-round):

Favourite Game (all-round):

Favourite Mini-Game:

Favourite Plot:

Favourite Soundtrack:

Favourite Boss Battle:

Favourite Hero:

Favourite Villain:

Etc.