Guest BacknBlackHoez

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bukkake bandit

Um, care to expand on that? :rolleyes:

Sure.

Bluntly, Tyson was knocked the fuck out in his return bout tonight in the 4th round. It's pitiful considering how dominating he was in the 90's.

I meant that I'd like to know more about the fight than just that it upsets n00bs.

Tyson nearly KO'd Danny Williams in the 1st round, but twisted his knee. He nearly KO'd him again in the 2nd round, and the 3rd as well. Williams had two points taken in the 3rd, 1 for a low blow, the other for an elbow. Tyson got cut on a headbutt in the 3rd I think, but then much like Jeff Hardy, Tyson gassed early <_<, and got knocked the fuck out just as the 4th was about to end.

It was a pretty good fight all in all, and a lot better than I expected. Sorta like those ESPN deals where guys just hammer away at each other until one of them drops. Excellent fight for $0.00, but a completely shitty card for whatever they charged. If they show it on Showtime next weekend, I'd recommend it since it was an action packed 11:51.

Speeking of boxing ... did anyone catch the Gatti - Dorin fight on HBO last week? It was decent, if not kind of short. I was hoping for a classic with Gatti in there and Dorin being undefeated. Maybe my expectations of Gatti are just way too high now after the classic trilogy between he and Mikey Ward (which is my personal favorite fights of all time, with number one being just awesome ... if you can rate boxing matches, it was a sure ***** fight).

But I am sure even with the short fight that it was, four rounds I think this one lasted too, that it was far more entertaining than any Tyson or any PPV fight in recent months.

Edit: I put only four stars instead of the five stars I meant to put in there.

Edited by Fitzy

Gatti-Dorin was overhyped going in, but for a 2 round match it kicked ass. I couldn't believe he stopped him with a body shot since I'd never seen him come close to doing it to anyone else and Dorin's pretty thick in the midsection.

Tyson's fight was better if only because the guys weighed twice as much and were throwing bombs for twice as long. Either Williams has a granite chin, or Tyson's not as strong as he once was because he was laying into the guy with everything he had.

Gatti-Dorin was overhyped going in, but for a 2 round match it kicked ass. I couldn't believe he stopped him with a body shot since I'd never seen him come close to doing it to anyone else and Dorin's pretty thick in the midsection.

Tyson's fight was better if only because the guys weighed twice as much and were throwing bombs for twice as long. Either Williams has a granite chin, or Tyson's not as strong as he once was because he was laying into the guy with everything he had.

It was only two rounds? I thought it was longer than that. I knew it was short, though, so I guess two rounds is about right. Yeah, I was surprised to see him go down to the body shot.

With the mention of De La Hoya ... isn't he bad now or something? His last fight, wasn't it bad? I can't recall, something like he should have lost but was awarded the fight or something? Whatever it is, I'd like to see it, if only for Gatti to knock him out.

It was only two rounds? I thought it was longer than that. I knew it was short, though, so I guess two rounds is about right. Yeah, I was surprised to see him go down to the body shot.

With the mention of De La Hoya ... isn't he bad now or something? His last fight, wasn't it bad? I can't recall, something like he should have lost but was awarded the fight or something? Whatever it is, I'd like to see it, if only for Gatti to knock him out.

De La Hoya LOST his last fight to Felix Sturm. The judges decided otherwise just to preserve the fight between De La Hoya & Hopkins since that's the only big money fight left in all of boxing. Even most of Oscar's biggest supporters in the media conceded that he didn't deserve that fight, and that Hopkins would murder him if he fought like that. Personally I'm hoping Oscar fights that way again, just so Hopkins can destroy him and end this myth that De La Hoya's an all-time great :thumbsup:

I can't believe people spend $50 on boxing PPVs.  I love boxing, don't get me wrong, but it's like taking $49 and flushing it down a toilet.

I know. It's better to order Showtime and or HBO as they usually show the fights a week later. Sure, you might find out the winner, but it is still better as not only are you getting the fights, but you get other things like movies and original series.

$50 is just ridiculous for a live fight.  That would be like ordering SummerSlam, have a five minute main event, and then have it replayed the next week on RAW.

What about the jackasses that spend a few grand to sit ringside, miss the whole undercard and then get a 2 round Main Event? :lol:

Guest Takayamanofear

I blame the 50 dollar PPVS for the main reason Boxing is no longer Mainstream.

I don't think Williams will be anything, the recent Tyson has shown that he can come close to losing to a decent fighter. Tyson is 38 years old now if he can I would retire. Either that or he should take that big money deal K-1 offered him fight 3 or 4 5 round fights and then retire so he can make tons of money in the process.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

whats sad is, Tyson could have had this fight in the 1st 2 rounds, but Freddy Roach begged him to go a few more rounds, he's 38, he cant go a few more round....

Ill give it to Danny Williams, he really put Mike down, but Tyson just sat there looking at the ref, waiting on the count to be over..sad to say, but maybe just like his career.

I expected Tyson to knock Williams the fuck out after the 1st or 2nd round! They were saying on SkySports News yesterday that if Williams wasn't English, nobody would even care about this match here, and not one of us would give him a chance. He sure proved everyone wrong didn't he?