Slumdog Millionaire

sahyder1

Slumdog Millionaire  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate it?

2. 2. Worthy of Best Picture?

• Yes
    • No

Just saw it. Good movie....really well done. Anyone who knows me understands that despite being from South Asia I despise Indian movies so wasn't sure if I was going to watch it when it first started gaining popularity. I was convinced by a friend a couple of months ago but just got around to watching it today. For such a low budge movie it is amazing how much it will end up raking in.

I loved how they incorporated each question on the show to his real life experiences. It is a pretty accurate portrayal of the real life struggles of impoverished in a developing society. On one hand while you have the developing power that is shown in the movie you still have some of the worst living conditions imaginable. A really good job out of Dev Patel who I'm sure will end up getting a few roles out of this as will Freida Pinto (Latika). In a world far too occupied with people who care about money here is a poor man who's on the show for anything but money. Nice little touch throwing Amitabh Bachchan in it as he was the original host of the Indian version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I'll probably have more to say on this later but yeah....great story and really well done.

I have this sitting next to me, but I also have a film with a feel good ending as well, which I was planning on watching because I'm a little down at the moment.

Tell me sahyder, does Slumdog have a happy ending? I'll be watching it anyway, but if it does it'll be the film I watch in about 30 mins and I'll be back in here to edit in full comments. (I MUST see it before Sunday night, atleast.)

Edited by TKzon Kidd

I have this sitting next to me, but I also have a film with a feel good ending as well, which I was planning on watching because I'm a little down at the moment.

Tell me sahyder, does Slumdog have a happy ending? I'll be watching it anyway, but if it does it'll be the film I watch in about 30 mins and I'll be back in here to edit in full comments. (I MUST see it before Sunday night, atleast.)

Yes. There was a brief second where I thought that it wouldn't....but yes it does.

First of all, do that many people really think that it's funny to give movies that they obviously haven't seen a 1/10? Quit being bitter than this movie is going to receive awards that the Dark Knight and the Wrestler won't.

I saw the movie about a month ago and loved it. The story was told in an interesting way, and the film was very visually stunning. The great cinematography and direction bumped this up from being a good story to an excellent film.

Right, just finished watching it, and since it's 5am here I won't go into full details.

Brilliant movie, the directing was fantastic, I really loved the way it was narrated. The whole love story is great, I'm very glad I watched this tonight. I thought everyone was solid in their acting, and I have to say, Latika was a fitty. Defintley deserves all the awards it's picking up, but still, I gave it an 8. Despite the awards it has, I went into it not expecting much, so I was very pleasently suprised, but I think if I had taken all the hype in and been waiting to see this since it started making such a buzz, I would have been a little let down.

Non-the less, A fantastic film and I'm very glad to have seen in.

I liked it. I watched for the second time last weekend and it's still pretty damn good. The best part about the movie is obviously the direction of it and Danny Boyle deserves any and all recognition he gets for the movie. The acting was good enough (no real complaints but not flat out awesome either) and the story was great.

That being said, it's almost a guarantee that it'll win Best Picture tomorrow night.

I'm guessing most people are bitter that Dark Knight didn't get into the Best Movie Selection. <_<

However, I thought this was an excellent film and is definitely my favorite movie at this point. Dark Knight only seemed good because Ledger's acting. Take him out and you got an average movie that is over-run about 30 minutes from when it should have ended. I personally voted this 10/10 even though there probably have been better movies, but I haven't seen any of these said better movies.

I will be watching this soon, so then I'll be able to rate it.

For now though, Dev Patel FTW! - He was awesome in Skins, and by all accounts, is awesome in this. I saw his interview on FNW-Jonathan Ross the other week, and he was saying how the director's daughter spotted him in Skins when they were struggling for a lead actor for Slumdog. A stroke of luck for him, I guess. Nice break.

I liked the movie and the story but the Indians have to learn - stop throwing in a dance sequence when it is not needed!

The ending dance sequence was uncalled for.

It's a tradition in Bollywood films though.

And you act like it was awful or something. It's not like it was meant to be anything more than what it was; something to amuse the audience as they leave the theater, etc.

Edited by Livid

I liked the movie and the story but the Indians have to learn - stop throwing in a dance sequence when it is not needed!

The ending dance sequence was uncalled for.

It's a tradition in Bollywood films though.

And you act like it was awful or something. It's not like it was meant to be anything more than what it was; something to amuse the audience as they leave the theater, etc.

Plus Danny Boyle isn't Indian :shifty: