NFL 2009

livid

Nah, it wasn't a bad move at all. Shannahan can't get anywhere without #7 and that was proven. They needed a change but so far McDaniels isn't putting a good taste in too many people's mouths. But that doesn't mean that firing Shannahan was a bad move.

Edited by Livid

I don't think so. with out injuries This Denver team could've been a 9-10 win team for sure, maybe better.

Shannahan is a great coach, but not many coaches could have brought the Denver team to the playoffs following all those injuries. I get the reasoning behind the firing i do, i just don't agree with it.

Of course, i didn't when Schottenheimer got fired in San Diego either, or Dennis Green in Minnesota. Maybe i'm just missing something.

Didn't Cutler kind of fizzle out? I mean if I remember right he was pretty bad the second half of the year

pretty much, but if he had a running game to speak of it likely wouldn't have been so drastic. i like their starter Selvin Young he is a good prospect and i think he will do well.

The entire Brocos team fizzled out. They couldn't get their running game going, so the offense boiled down to passing to Royal and Marshall and not much else. Plus the defense was horrendous and wasn't exactly helping to keep games close.

You do realize the 49ers would've made the playoffs instead of the Cardinals had it not been for a yard or so right? <_<

And one of the reasons why he would go to a "lesser team" (I'm using that term loosely because the 49ers aren't THAT bad and played increasingly better under Singletary) is if the team is willing to pay him more. He's at the end of his career, has a ring and is a 2-time MVP; he doesn't have a whole lot else to prove. It could be a move to setup his life after football.

Or, he's just trying to get the Cardinals to ante up and pay him the money he wants by visiting their division rival.

Either way, it's win-win for the 49ers. If he signs, they get a pretty good QB (hopefully) and can then draft a guy to sit behind him (or let Smith continue to learn under a veteran like Warner) and it takes away from the Cardinals. Or, the Cardinals end up having to pay him a shit ton of money and can't sign some other players that might be key.

Plus, how do the Cardinals constitute as being a good team? They made to the Super Bowl, no doubt, but who's REALLY expecting them to repeat that this year, Warner or not, especially with Boldin likely gone and/or pissed as hell?

Edited by Livid

and has anyone heard any more about the missing players ? Holy crap that sucks.

I just heard that the Coast Guard found a guy clinging to an overturned boat, but it's not either one of the guys that were referenced earlier in the thread. It's probably safe to assume that the other guys on the boat all drowned.

IF the Niners get Warner i hope they keep Hill and Smith and let them learn under him. I'm still not sure Alex Smith is destined for failure and to be a bust. I think he can have a pretty good career.

I think I've pretty much stopped paying attention to anything you say :mellow:

ESPN is saying that apparently TJ signed a 5 year, 40 mill contract(15 of which guaranteed) with the Seahawks.

Sucks. I was hoping he'd go with the Vikings. :/

are you serious?

Who the fuck spends FIVE HOURS in a meeting with a team then stays overnight in the same city and announce his choice to play for someone else. I mean WTF. That sucks, i was psyched, i thought for sure he would end up in purple.

But he will prosper under Matt Hasselbeck though.

ESPN is saying that apparently TJ signed a 5 year, 40 mill contract(15 of which guaranteed) with the Seahawks.

are you serious?

Who the fuck spends FIVE HOURS in a meeting with a team then stays overnight in the same city and announce his choice to play for someone else. I mean WTF. That sucks, i was psyched, i thought for sure he would end up in purple.

He didn't say overnight. He flew to California, where he lives. The first report was wrong.

Besides, why would he want to go to Minnesota and have Tavaris Jackson throwing to him?

IF the Niners get Warner i hope they keep Hill and Smith and let them learn under him. I'm still not sure Alex Smith is destined for failure and to be a bust. I think he can have a pretty good career.

are you saying that there is NO CHANCE that Alex Smith can have a pretty good/decent career? Alex Smith will probably never be Drew Brees or Eli Manning, but he can be decent, he has some pretty good tools, he needs to find a way to stay healthy though.

And with right coaching and some tuteledge from Warner(if he signs) he may be able to put things together, but he's not a lost cause yet.

are you serious?

He didn't say overnight. He flew to California, where he lives. The first report was wrong.

Besides, why would he want to go to Minnesota and have Tavaris Jackson throwing to him?

I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels throwing me the ball then Seneca Wallace or Charlie Frye. I'm a supporter of Hasselbeck he's a great QB but he gets hurt often, plus i'd rather play for a team that won their divison has one of if not the best RB in the NFL, and has a great Defense.

are you saying that there is NO CHANCE that Alex Smith can have a pretty good/decent career? Alex Smith will probably never be Drew Brees or Eli Manning, but he can be decent, he has some pretty good tools, he needs to find a way to stay healthy though.

And with right coaching and some tuteledge from Warner(if he signs) he may be able to put things together, but he's not a lost cause yet.

Yes, yes I am. He'll have a solid career as one of the best perennial back-up quarterbacks to ever play the game, though. (Y)