NFL 2009

livid

Arizona had two of the best WRs in the leauge and got hot in the playoffs. San Fransisco has nothing besides Frank Gore offensively. I really don't think a Warner/Issac Bruce reunion will be enough to power them through the playoffs. It'd be a stupid signing that won't help them in the long run at all.

Yes but, Gore wouldn't have to completely carry them so he may do better/stay healthy. I'm not saying it's likely but noone thought that Arizona would be NFC champions at this point last year or any point pretty much.

If they get warner they may sign a FA WR or draft one who knows, or trade.

I know, everyone knows. They aren't getting Boldin, and they won't be signing, trading for or drafting anyone near the level Larry Fitzgerald is at. Manning or Brady couldn't get the 49ers to the Super Bowl the way the team is right now, there's no way Kurt Warner is going to. It would be a stupid signing for Warner and for the 49ers as it benefits neither team. I highly doubt its going to happen, as Warner has proposed a deal to the Cardinals and its probably using the 49ers interview as a bluff.

I agree, i was just saying that you can never know, shit happens in the NFL, all it would take is a few injuries from Seattle and Arizona and they are in the playoffs. if they get a favorable matchup they could build momentum and go on a tear in the playoffs, Frank Gore is that good. Basically Kurt would be there to not make stupid decisions and turnovers every 3 plays so they could win.

I'm not saying it will happen, i think they will finish third(Behind Seattle and Arizona) but it's always a possibility.

Edgerrin James spoke with Cardinals GM Rod Graves and pleaded to be cut. James knows that he will eventually be cut and he is missing out on other teams right now.

A pair of backups with starting experience are making their free agent visits. Nashville’s The City Paper is reporting that Chris Simms will be visiting the Broncos on Wednesday. No word on if this will hurt Jay Cutler’s feelings, though Simms is only expected to be a backup. The Lions are also reportedly interested in Simms, too.

Rex Grossman is expected to meet with Cincinnati on Thursday according to Local 12 news. The Bengals seek a backup quarterback after Ryan Fitzpatrick signed with the Bills. The Bengals also will be visiting with quarterbacks J.P. Losman and J.T. O’Sullivan along with receiver Ashley Lelie.

* The Baltimore Sun is reporting that Pro Bowl center Matt Birk met with the Ravens for three hours on Wednesday and will continue to meet with the team on Thursday. Baltimore lost center Jason Brown to St. Louis.

* Former Browns free-agent safety Mike Adams has completed his visit in Green Bay and will move on to New England according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

AND FINALLY

The Washington Post is reporting that the Redskins are still interested in bringing back guard Pete Kendall in a reserve role. The Post is also reporting that Vinny Cerrato is disappointed by Jason Taylor’s refusal to committ to the team’s offseason training schedule. Maybe the Redskins should have had their offseason training schedule shown on ABC.

I feel sorry for whichever team is stupid enough to sign Grossman, unless they have one hell of a QB coach who can knock some sense into him.

I've seen some people expecting the Seachickens to be one of the best teams in the NFL simply because they signed T.J. Whosyourdaddy. Best team in their division, probably....which isn't saying much. But I don't see them being one of the best NFL teams.

As a Seahawks fan, I actually have to agree with your assessment. Sure, signing TJ was nice and all, but we have so many other questions and concerns on our team. Our offensive line, injuries to our receivers, a defense that didn't live up to their talent last year, and our midget defensive backs are things we need to address before we can even hope for a return to the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs.

I expect Seattle if they stay healthy to be a contender, but even if they do, they need Hasselbeck to remain playing, if he gets hurt and Wallace or Frye ends up starting they have a very minimal chance, but otherwise they should have a shot.

As a Seahawks fan, I actually have to agree with your assessment. Sure, signing TJ was nice and all, but we have so many other questions and concerns on our team. Our offensive line, injuries to our receivers, a defense that didn't live up to their talent last year, and our midget defensive backs are things we need to address before we can even hope for a return to the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs.

I'd like to see them turn it around. Seattle is my favorite team in that division (which isn't saying much), and the Seachickens dig means that I think they're too weak to be called SeaHAWKS right now. But I have seen people call them that as a derogatory term. (The only two teams I have derogatory terms for are San Francisco and Washington; the Forty-Whiners and the Deadskins; I do call Cincinnati the Bungles sometimes, but when I do that its usually in reference to the bad decisions made by the GM and coach, not to the actual team)

TJ going to Seattle is a nice move for him and the team. I was hoping he'd go to a better team, and frankly I think the Seahawks will be good before the Bengals are. Plus Seattle has the advantage of being in the NFL's worst division.

I was hoping Tony Gonzalez would go somewhere else, too....especially after the crap the Chiefs pulled last season....but KC is making some fairly good moves.

I know, everyone knows. They aren't getting Boldin, and they won't be signing, trading for or drafting anyone near the level Larry Fitzgerald is at. Manning or Brady couldn't get the 49ers to the Super Bowl the way the team is right now, there's no way Kurt Warner is going to. It would be a stupid signing for Warner and for the 49ers as it benefits neither team. I highly doubt its going to happen, as Warner has proposed a deal to the Cardinals and its probably using the 49ers interview as a bluff.

Warner's a better postseason quarterback than Manning, he'd be way more likely to get the Niners to the Superbowl. And Brady only has one leg.

Hasselbeck's okay. I don't know if I'd call him great.

When he's healthy he is one of the top QB's in the NFC. just a couple years ago, he was widely considered to be the best QB in the NFC (by the "experts, when they went to the bowl). If Hasselbeck can stay healthy and his injuries haven't made him worse he is a top 3-4 QB in the NFC no doubt.

When he's healthy he is one of the top QB's in the NFC. just a couple years ago, he was widely considered to be the best QB in the NFC (by the "experts, when they went to the bowl). If Hasselbeck can stay healthy and his injuries haven't made him worse he is a top 3-4 QB in the NFC no doubt.

I'd argue that that says more for the sorry state of NFC quarterbacking than it does Hasselbeck's talents.

Laverneous Coles signs with Cincy.

Feel like doing a little bit of on-line shopping? If you have $2 million available, you can purchase Panthers WR Muhsin Muhammad’s house via the on-line superstore.

By the end of the week, and quite possibly in the next 24 hours, the Ravens and free-agent linebacker Ray Lewis are expected to finalize a deal as important to Baltimore as Kurt Warner’s deal is to Arizona, league sources said Wednesday.

The Lions signed veteran free-agent defensive tackle Grady Jackson to a three-year, $8 million contract Wednesday in a move to fortify their interior front.

The Broncos have agreed on a two-year deal for free-agent RB LaMont Jordan.

Lewis, Ravens agree on deal

Ray Lewis and the Ravens have agreed on a new deal, reports Adam Schefter. Baltimore also agreed on a deal with free-agent center Matt Birk.

Edited by Irish Car Bomb

I'd argue that that says more for the sorry state of NFC quarterbacking than it does Hasselbeck's talents.

Really, they had Brees, Favre, McNabb, Manning, Warner, and Bulger then, thats not the AFC's Brady, Manning, Big Ben, Carson Palmer, and Phillip Rivers but it's still not bad.

And the NFC may not have the best or second best or even the third best QB in the league but they still have Hasselbeck, Romo, Brees, Warner, Garcia(if he resigns) thats not at all bad.

Hasselbeck has alot of talent, he has a good arm, good accuracy, tough as nails, pretty mobile, good awareness and a good leader. He is a great QB and if Branch stays healthy he will preform like it this year again.

Both signings were good today. Ray Lewis had to be brought back because of our total lack of MLB without him (and why not get the best one available in the market?) after Scott's departure. The deal isn't as ass-raping as I would have expected. Matt Birk fills the hole left by Jason Brown, with much of our line developing it's good to have a proven center in there.