NFL 2009

livid

The Bears are sorta supposed to suck.

No, the Bears were supposed to be playoff contenders with Cutler throwing to Hester, Forte running wild, and a still-solid defense. Now, they have an injury-smashed defense, Forte being sent up the middle ad nauseam, and Cutler throwing to the wrong team. The Steelers won a Super Bowl as a six seed, and they still have a chance to get there again. No, there's no comparison.

I guess you're right about Cutler, but I was never convinced he was anything more than overrated so I guess I didn't consider that.

Also the Steelers were the #2 seed last year. Not #6.

No, the Bears were supposed to be playoff contenders with Cutler throwing to Hester, Forte running wild, and a still-solid defense. Now, they have an injury-smashed defense, Forte being sent up the middle ad nauseam, and Cutler throwing to the wrong team. The Steelers won a Super Bowl as a six seed, and they still have a chance to get there again. No, there's no comparison.

I guess you're right about Cutler, but I was never convinced he was anything more than overrated so I guess I didn't consider that.

Pretty sure he's referring to the year they won as the #6 seed and not last year, which was in 2005 I think? Moreso he's saying that's how good the Steelers are, that they can go on the road for 3 straight and win like they did when they were the 6 seed.

Pretty sure he's referring to the year they won as the #6 seed and not last year, which was in 2005 I think? Moreso he's saying that's how good the Steelers are, that they can go on the road for 3 straight and win like they did when they were the 6 seed.

Thank you, Ed. Exactly my point. Chase, you're acting like it's a crime against nature that the Steelers aren't 9-1 right now, but they've proven that all they need is just to get into the dance to have a real shot at winning it all. Meanwhile, Bears fans get to watch a team that, at times, looks like it snuck out of the Special Olympics.

In terms of this season, the Bears win hands down. The Wade things been going on a year or so now and the Steelers have been one of the AFC's "big three" for years. This past offseason, the Bears went from being forecast probable cellar-dwellers to competing for the division with one trade (nevermind what Case says, Cutler's one of the better quarterbacks in the league. At the very least, he's a consensus upgrade at a longtime trouble spot). Forte raised expectations with his performance last year. Marinelli coming in to coach the line was supposed to do wonders for the defense, as was Lovie taking over the defensive playcalling. Yet despite these changes, it's like fucking 2005 all over again with the good Rex/bad Rex thing.

Oh I'm definitely not debating that the Bear's are having the most frustrating season. I'm just saying a team that won the fucking Super Bowl last year is definitely not.

Alright, lets go over/under on how many pass plays Jason Garrett calls that involve throwing at Asomugha

Given his track record against elite corners this year, I'll set it at 7 <_<

Also, Stafford is playing despite his injury (Y)

Edited by Maxx

I think I've figured it out. The Bronco's can only win when they've been written off. It took a 6 game win streak before people started thinking they were the real deal. Then, they lose 4 in a row and people say they have peaked. At that point they go out and demolish the Giants tonight.

So if you are a Bronco's fan, going forward make sure you keep saying how the Bronco's are overrated. (Y)

Can Goodell make a rule barring Jake Delhomme from playing quarterback in the NFL? Good god, he is awful.

seconded. I've been waiting for so long now for him to get benched.... could they atleast just run it every play?

as for the browns... anyone can have an offensive surge against the lions.

I'm thinking the first coaches to go at the end of the year will be houston and chicago. both teams are just collapsing with losing streaks when they have the talent to do better.

I'm surprised the "big name" coaches don't get mentioned more in regard to the Texans. That's a squad who will be better at defense, presumably, next year and have some serious offensive weapons. With the number of running backs who will likely be out there next year, they can strengthen that part too in the offseason. If I were a successful head coach I'd look at Houston as a fan-dabi-dozi place to win championships.

Also, Ravens game was much closer than it should have been. Trying to stop the run 100% of the time isn't the best defensive gameplan. I don't care that it's a rookie QB.