NFL 2009

livid

I think Crabtree's clearly going to the Jags now, unless someone trades up for him. If I were the Jags though, I'd be salivating at the fact that Crabtree just fell to them.

...but eh, Jacksonville really needs the O-Line help too, so I dunno. Monroe's due to go soon also.

Edited by Szumi

Eh, I think it's pretty clear he'll end up going to San Francisco at #10, so his time is coming. The 49ers desperately need the help, seeing Isaac Bruce was their top WR... and well, he has maybe 1 year left in him.

The bad news for Crabtee is that he's going to San Francisco :P. However, could've been worse, could've been the other Bay Team.

...I still can't believe Oakland actually drafted Bey over Crabtree though. Lol, Al Davis.

Yeah, LOL the man who helped bring African-Americans into the NFL, especially in terms of coaching, helped force the merger, is EASILY the most football savvy owner in the NFL, and is the reason that the NFL is what it is today.

The only issue I have with it is that they could have traded down and got it done. There have been reports of issues with Crabtree, and, from what I understand, he's not exactly a burner, which means he's not a Raider. Al Davis wants speedsters at WR, I'm not sure how fast Heyward-Bey is, but lets see it play out.

LOL, Davis indeed. Get over yourselves. The only thing bad about the move is that they should have traded down, but thats not always possible.

Yeah, LOL the man who helped bring African-Americans into the NFL, especially in terms of coaching, helped force the merger, is EASILY the most football savvy owner in the NFL, and is the reason that the NFL is what it is today.

Eh, they are laughing at the pick and how terrible he has been in recent memory. They are entitled to. Regardless of his history of helping the league.

The only issue I have with it is that they could have traded down and got it done.

Agreed. I value Heyward-Bey over Crabtree as does Oakland.

Al Davis wants speedsters at WR, I'm not sure how fast Heyward-Bey is, but lets see it play out.

Calm down, much? Chill bro. I fully agree that Davis has done A LOT for the NFL in the past, don't get me wrong. His decision making the present and recent past though? C'mon.

Bey is the fastest WR - and player - in the draft though in terms of 40 time. I think he ran 4.3 40, although could be mistaken. However, his catching is very inconsistent, and his route running was criticized. I don't think he'll be the bust some of the guys on ESPN have made him out to be, but definitely should've traded down if they wanted him so much.

Edited by Szumi

The only issue I have with it is that they could have traded down and got it done. There have been reports of issues with Crabtree, and, from what I understand, he's not exactly a burner, which means he's not a Raider. Al Davis wants speedsters at WR, I'm not sure how fast Heyward-Bey is, but lets see it play out.

LOL, Davis indeed. Get over yourselves. The only thing bad about the move is that they should have traded down, but thats not always possible.

Heyward-Bey was somewhere in the 4.25-4.3 range, Crabs was about a 4.5-4.6. Having said that I'd rather have a Larry Fitzgerald type than a guy who can run like the wind but can't catch the ball in traffic.

My dream of Crabtree to the Giants was just crushed. Fuckin' Niners :crying:

You know how I get when people start running down Al Davis. Yeah, he's probably lost his touch, that much is obvious, but the man deserves a LOT more respect than he gets. I shouldn't expect people to know the history of the Raiders like I do, however.

As for the pick, if he's your guy, he's your guy. We don't know if they tried to trade down, although I'm sure it was on the table. The only way its a 'bad' pick is if they didn't try to trade down at all, otherwise, the guy is a first round talent, and if he's your guy, then you take him when you can get him. No point in playing around and possibly missing on him. If he runs a 4.3, then he's an Al Davis type WR, which means it makes even more sense.

EDIT: Al Davis ALWAYS wants the fastest guy. Thats his MO, has been since the dawn of time, and always will be. You can't teach speed, you can work on a guys hands. Besides, the Raiders needed a gamebreaker, they have some recievers that are tough, go over the middle type guys in Ronald Curry and Zach Miller at TE. They needed someone to stretch the field and open up the running game. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a solid pick.

Edited by Super DMN

What I'd do if I were the Raiders and really wanted Heyward-Bey, I'd just let my clock run out and wait until Crabtree was selected, then pick Heyward-Bey immediately after that to save some money on a guy they can get out of the top ten.

EDIT: Buffalo picked Aaron Maybin and then the draft guys ripped into him. :P

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

I always like to see a PSU boy go early in the draft, especially since he's joining Posluszny in Buffalo, however, I still have my doubts on Aaron Maybin. He dominated last year at Penn State, but me and some of my other friends that watched him play at Beaver Stadium thought he could use another year to mature and develop... although I'm sure that had nothing to do with us wanting him to stay at Happy Valley for one more year :shifty:

I like the flow of this draft; cutting out 5 minutes for each pick is really helping the draft move along.

The agent is still going to try and get that money, and nothing is promised in the draft. I'm sure they tried to trade down, and there wasn't any interest. Besides, the way Crabtree fell a little, I'm sure there was a reason. Word is that he's a 'diva' in the vein of Chad Johnson.

The response of Raiders fans on other forums is pissing me off. Heyward-Bey is not a bad player, and people are acting like its the worst pick ever. Hell, its not even the worst pick of this draft, for fuck's sake.

In the end, I see nothing wrong with taking your guy when you can get him. You can't sit around and hope that you can get him later. If he's the player you want, you have to go get him.