Glastonbury 2009

TheArsenal

Bruce Springsteen to Headline Glastonbury 2009

After months of rumour and speculation, Glastonbury Festival is pleased to announce that Bruce Springsteen will be the Saturday night headliner at this year’s festival.

Says Michael Eavis: “I’m so pleased that Bruce Springsteen has agreed to come to Worthy Farm for the first time. He’s one of the all-time rock legends and I’m confident that this will be one of our best shows ever. He’s also a Barack Obama supporter, which makes two headliners in a row who’ve backed the new President.”

Adds Emily Eavis: “I’m knocked out that we’ve managed to get Bruce to play. It’s the icing on the cake of this year’s bill, which I’m sure will take everyone’s breath away when we announce the full details.”

Tickets for this year’s festival have now sold out. A very limited number of cancelled tickets will go on sale at 9am on April 5th.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young and Blur are the other two headliners aren't they?

If so that's the best they've had for some time.

Not really the acts to attract the younger audience Michael Eavis was whining about not having last year, though is it?

Still you're not wrong.

Adds Emily Eavis: “I’m knocked out that we’ve managed to get Bruce to play. It’s the icing on the cake of this year’s bill, which I’m sure will take everyone’s breath away when we announce the full details.”

Well announce the rest of the bill then, eejit.

Edited by Iain76er

Neil Young and Blur are the other two headliners aren't they?

If so that's the best they've had for some time.

Not really the acts to attract the younger audience Michael Eavis was whining about not having last year, though is it?

Still you're not wrong.

It would if they were watching the SuperBowl. Springsteen was incredibly good.

Well announce the rest of the bill then, eejit.

They always do this crappy REALLY dragged out thing. They overdo it terribly.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this because of the best announcement ever.

East 17 are playing Dance Village on the Thursday. I had no idea they were still alive.

From Brian Harvey's Wikipedia page:

In 2008 he was fined for speeding down the M4 backwards and given a 180 degree driving ban.

awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was meant to be heading here at 6:30. Now going in just over 3 hours. Gonna drive through the night.

Keith, if a tallish lad with brown hair, sideburns and a Geordie-ish accent points at you and says "You're Keith", buy me a beer. :shifty: On the offchance anyone else is there and recognises me, say hi, and buy me a beer.

So anyone but me actually going to this?

My sister - looks like me but fatter (including the beard) and doesn't have a clue who anyone playing is apart from Lily Allen. <_<

Pendulum and Maximo Park...eurgh.

There is a reason why I've never bothered watching that video up until now. >_>

As for the video - it's awesome. I've kind of got a bit bored of the Gaslight Anthem's albums in honesty. They're still fantastic live however. And Bruce has the cheesiest smile ever. Fantastic.

edit: could have sworn i saw a swastika flag in the crowd just there.

Edited by metalman