Glastonbury 2009

TheArsenal

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From various bits of watching Red Button (which is delicious, by the way), I must say a few things:

- Seeing Brian Fallon (think that's his name?)'s face when The Boss came onstage made me overly, overly happy. Seriously, that sheer joy was amazing to behold.

- As a few of you already know, Karen O deepthroating a pink microphone following the fake orgasm vocals was...just...yeah....yeah....yeah. See what I did there? Ohhhh.

- Blur were excellent, if a little shambolic.

- Neil Young returning to the chorus of Free World so many times grated a little bit.

- Prodigy looked....fucking INSANE.

- La Roux is lovely.

- Aaaand Jarvis Cocker with Spinal Tap was pure genius!

Wish I'd been there maaaan :(

I didn't actually go in the end, so I hope no-ones looking for me >_> tickets still sitting on my shelf

Saw someone who looked quite like you on the Thursday, good job I didn't say anything. :shifty:

Le Sac vs Pip was awesome, did two new songs. Pleased I went with them over Little Boots. Though I did catch her DJ set, and got a hug off her. :wub:

The reaction for Springsteen in Gaslight's set was fucking insane. Not sure how it will come off on TV, but it was amazing.

I've just drove all night, should really sleep for a bit.

I've only just realised the Beeb was iplayering this. Checking out the mighty Quo at the moment :D

The Blur Set as MP3 (BBC)

http://www.deafindieelephants.com/2009/06/...astonbury-2009/

As broadcast on BBC2

main

1. Girls And Boys

2. tracy jacks

3. there’s no other way

4. jubilee

5. badhead

6. beetlebum

7. out of time

8. tender

9. country house

whatever tracks where played next, blur stopped the BBC from broadcasting

more

10. sunday sunday

11. parklife

12. end of a century

gggrrr another break…

even more

13. song 2

14. for tomorrow

15. the universal

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

According to NME, the full tracklisting of Blur's performance was:

'She's So High'

'Girls And Boys'

'Tracy Jacks'

'There's No Other Way'

'Jubilee'

'Badhead'

'Beetlebum'

'Out Of Time'

'Trimm Trabb'

'Coffee And TV'

'Tender'

'Country House'

'Oily Water'

'Chemical World'

'Sunday Sunday'

'Parklife'

'End Of A Century'

'To The End'

'This Is A Low'

'Popscene'

'Advert'

'Song 2'

'For Tomorrow'

'The Universal'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lh...nd_Maximo_Park/

Gaslight/Springsteen bit is at the start of this vid.

If this doesn't happen at T In The Park I'm going to start a full scale riot.

Don't get your hopes up.

I know, but let me dream :(

- Seeing Brian Fallon (think that's his name?)'s face when The Boss came onstage made me overly, overly happy. Seriously, that sheer joy was amazing to behold.

This, found out through a text from a mate's brother, instantly gutted that I didn't go. And Brand New played :(

The one year the line-up was perfectly suited for me to go, and I was completely oblivious till Friday.

This, found out through a text from a mate's brother, instantly gutted that I didn't go. And Brand New played :(

The one year the line-up was perfectly suited for me to go, and I was completely oblivious till Friday.

If it makes you feel any better, apparently Brand New's time was wrong on the program, and played half an hour earlier so lots of people missed them. :shifty:

Yeah, Glasto looked AMAZING this year, hell it looks amazing most years, but there's just too much going on, I don't think I could enjoy it...as there'd always be something somewhere else I'd want to see, but it's too far to go to etc...too much good choice. :(

Edited by YI

Caught the highlights of Bloc Party's set, great live band...although not fond of their new tune live...although that's mostly because the guitarist plays the keyboard like a beginner...it was so 'clunky' and awkward, eugh.

Edited by YI

Late follow up, but genuinely gutted I missed watching Tap with Jarvis, but did see them with Jamie fucking Cullum.

And Brucie was amazing, but after learning the guitar bits to the 59 Sound, could he have not at least learnt the chorus?