Formula One 2009

Adam

My God, Legard is the worst commentator EVER. The guy was talking for about 30 seconds about Button being in trouble by being behind Massa and Vettel, by he'll still be able to get some points - while the entire time, the screen is showing Button well ahead of the other two. Ugh.

Jenson wins...again...but really, I was hoping for a Rubens win. I think it would have been nice, really, and Jenson wouldn't have lost much in the championship - only 3 points over Vettel. I do wonder if Webber's problems immediately after the first pit stop cost him the win though, because the five seconds he lost on the out lap would have been more than enough to get out ahead of Rubens.

Oh, and once again, LOL Ferrari. Not being able to fuel a car correctly...bwahaha. Heidfeld was like, 25 seconds behind with four laps to go and finished a second behind. And Massa couldn't even finish the in lap. Just a bad weekend all round for Ferrari, but I think they've moved up a bit in the Constructors, so...they can take that, I suppose. Brawn are about 30 points ahead of RBR though.

A real rarity, my three favourite drivers all on the podium. I hope Jenson doesn't keep winning every bloody race though, otherwise it'll become very boring very quickly. Hopefully Red Bull can come back into contention for a victory in the next few races, as they didn't really challenge today, and I'd like to see Alonso a bit further up the field too.

And surelu Piquet is done now? Another rubbish drive, at least he managed to finish. Grosjean must be itching to get that call up now.

I didn't watch the race, but what I gleaned from the news tells me that Barrichello was in front, but the Brawn team basically co-ordinated their pit-stop strategies to intentionally make him drop behind Button?

If so, fuck that shit. That kind of manipulation is one of the things I really hate about F1.

I didn't watch the race, but what I gleaned from the news tells me that Barrichello was in front, but the Brawn team basically co-ordinated their pit-stop strategies to intentionally make him drop behind Button?

If so, fuck that shit. That kind of manipulation is one of the things I really hate about F1.

Nah, I don't think they intentionally dropped him behind Button it was just a case of Barrichello not gaining enough time on Button and Button being too fast when he was in front. Barrichello could have easily won, and probably should've, had he put in some better laps.

And surelu Piquet is done now? Another rubbish drive, at least he managed to finish. Grosjean must be itching to get that call up now.

I watched Grosjean in GP2's second race, and he has all the talent in the world to make it in F1. I hope he gets called up for Piquet too.

Button said that they were both on a 3 stop strategy and that he felt 3 stops was the best way to go. However, after the safety car came out early, Brawn decided to put Button on a 2 stop to cover their bases, as Barrichello was already on a 3, so it was good team strategy.

It just so happened it worked out for Button.

Also, anyone think that whenever Mark Webber appears on screen, the BBC should just instinctively cut the audio, because it's more likely than not that he'll swear >_>. Although I did love Jenson going "How'd he get here?" when Webber suddenly appeared next to him in the top three area.

Yeah. it wasn't a team orders type deal like when Rubens moved aside for Schumacher, the strategy just didn't work for Barrichello after they switched Button onto the two. Plain and simply, Jenson was too fast for Rubens, who wasn't putting in laps capable of keeping up. They interviewed him on the F1 Forum afterwards and he basically said 'the strategy just didn't work properly, I spent a few years as the second man in a team and I don't think that's whats happening here'.

Ferrari has quit next year's Formula One Championship because of their opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA.

Ferrari's cars could be absent from the race grid next year

In a short statement on the team's website, motor racing's most famous team said they will not be on the grid in 2010.

"We confirm our opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA and do not intend entering our cars in the 2010 F1 Championship," the statement read.

Ferrari are among several teams to have been angered by the FIA's plans to impose a £40m budget cap on teams from next year, and its move will hugely increase the pressure on FIA president Max Mosley to find a compromise.

Crunch talks were already planned in the next few days with the May 29 deadline for 2010 entries fast approaching.

Prior to the Spanish Grand Prix, Toyota boss John Howett said his team were unlikely to commit by that deadline if the FIA pressed ahead with their plans, but it is Ferrari who have made the move first.

FIA president Max Mosley

Ferrari are the only team to have contested every season of the world championship since the modern format was introduced in 1950.

But more than that, the tradition of the famous prancing horse has long been synonymous with the sport, and the team are the most popular among F1 fans.

The decision to threaten to pull out of the 2010 championship came at a meeting of the Ferrari board of directors in Maranello today.

Ferrari believe the FIA's new regulations would lead to an unacceptable two-tiered F1 championship, which they consider would be "based on arbitrary technical rules and economic parameters".

I take it that the F1 committee are going to overturn their decision to stop them losing their chief money maker <_<