Formula One 2009

Adam

I'm not sure if I've disliked anyone as much as I do Button, my hatred for him is even higher than what it was for Alonso last season.

Hopefully Hamilton keeps his head up and keeps trying his best, shame to see the rough patch he's going through right now.

Boo on you! Button's glorious. Good driver, good team, nice bloke.

Shame on you you bloody naysayer.

I've always disliked Button in all honesty. I'm not saying he's shit or anything because I've never exactly been a huge fan of F1. The reason I like Hamilton so much is because he got me interested in it all, because before him I couldn't care what so ever, he's the only one who's managed to make me give a damn about it. So maybe my hatred for Button is growing more and more because Hamilton isn't doing as well, but still, there's always been something about him that I've disliked. Maybe it's just because he's suddenly got a better team and car and everyone is making out like he's a saviour and super.

Yeah but to contrast that (I'm assuming that you're implying Jenson is only good because of his car)... Hamilton's team and car have got shitter (at least in comparison) and now he's doing (relatively) shit, does that mean Hamilton was also only good because of his car?

To me it comes across as "Hamilton got you into F1 and you hate Jenson because the tables have turned" (Jenson has gone from a poor car to a good car, Hamilton has gone from a good car to a poor car and their race positions are indicative of their car quality).

I've disliked Button before I even knew about Hamilton. It's just something about him that I don't like. And Hamilton entertains me more than any F1 driver ever has and he's the only reason I started watching it again. I'm not proclaiming him the greatest ever, just a personal opinion. I thought last season was amazing, packed with emotion and sheer entertainment and I cant see anything any time soon topping last years finish, which to the neutral was fantastic. Button doesn't have that entertainment factor for me, whether he's a good driver or not, he simply doesn't appeal to me. It's just a general preference, I'm not calling him a bad driver, I'm just not calling him great :P

Vettel :(

Does Piquet have a clause in his contract that requires him to commit epic fail at every race? Geez.

Good win for Button though. Brawn look well on course to wrapping it up by...what, August?

In fairness, it was Buemi who commited the "fail" there, since he essentially forgot to brake and hit Piquet. He couldn't do anything about it. Nakajima, on the other hand...

Button running to the podium was awesome.

Again, Button starts on pole; leads for (virtually) the entire race; wins.

Bloody tedious. I'm beginning to remember why I stopped watching F1.

To be fair, Monaco's notorious for having very few overtaking opportunities.

What we do need are more races in the middle of heavy rain :shifty:

Jenson Button - future marathon winner.

I honestly laughed reading that. Thanks mate.

That's not really traditional at Monaco, is it? I can't recall anyone else doing that in previous years right now.

No, he just parked his car in the wrong place. It was awesome.

I'm happy for Button and Brawn, another perfect drive, but I really don't want this title race turning into Schumacher circa 2002, it get's really dull after a while and I'm after a good competitive title contest.

And Nakajima and Piquet need chucking out of the sport, they are both bloody appalling.

EDIT: And I'm so glad people are realising Hamilton is a total fuckwit, I've hated him for ages, he's a disgrace to the World Title imo. I think he is poor and McLaren deserve all they're getting at the minute.

Edited by AdamDRFC

I don't really buy into all this 'I hate X' schoolboy stuff, but I will say that nothing has pleased me more after last season than seeing Lewis Hamilton being absolute shit this year, except possibly Jenson Button and Ross Brawn owning face.

Any time a guy has to put up with the stuff Jenson's had to put up with in the past in terms of cars and teams and then gets a big break, it's awesome to see him massacring everyone. Not that I'm surprised, as far as I'm concerned Ross Brawn might as well be God. Seriously, the guy's amazing. I'd be happy for anyone doing well in his new team (maybe even Hamilton), but the fact that it's Button makes it even better.

Not that there's anything 'wrong' with Lewis. He just suffers from "Boy Wonder" syndrome. Nobody likes a golden boy. If he'd worked his way up in F1 like just about everyone else, then sure, but he came bursting onto the scene amid much fanfare, and destroyed everyone for two seasons. That ain't cool. :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah but to contrast that (I'm assuming that you're implying Jenson is only good because of his car)... Hamilton's team and car have got shitter (at least in comparison) and now he's doing (relatively) shit, does that mean Hamilton was also only good because of his car?

Actually considering the car he is doing very well. He has managed to take probably the 7th best car on the grid and bring it home in the points in all bar two races. The obvious comparison is Alonso last season who managed somethign similar, though arguably the task is greater this season as Renault were probably 5th best starting last time.

To be fair to Button he also had a similar trait when dragging a crap Honda to decent times over the past 4 years.