UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I've finally managed to get pretty much the full hang of the ground game though and even when I'm down, I'm doing pretty well to stop anything major. One thing, how do you kick the guy away when he's in open guard? I want to pull my legs back and push him away so I can stand up, but it never seems to work any more, unless it's just my guys stats still.

HOW? I've done the tutorials, but I just can't do anything on the ground bar lose inside seconds. Any tips? I didn't think it'd be possible to suck at rotating a stick, but I seem to be managing it. When I go on later, I'm gonna use the practise mode a bit to, well, practise....

If you're looking to improve in career, Camp Invites is the way to go. This is the place which has helped me finally get the hang of the ground game to a point where Mount isn't half as dangerous any more and I can usually get out of any dangerous positions now. Get your wrestling level up to 2, check out the learn part in camp invite and watch all of the examples. Then push to get to level 3 after a few more invites and once again watch the examples in learn. If you really take notice and attempt some of this stuff, life will be much easier on the ground. The Camp Invite is possibly the most important part of career if you ask me (or it certainly is to new players).

Anyway, finally won the Welterweight title after some crazy stuff. Koscheck is the biggest dick ever, in the game and in real life. We met and he said he was going to GnP me, which he did, because I was still trying to learn the ground game properly. Well we met again and by this stage, I've got the hang of it more. It goes to the scorecards and he wins 29-28 with all judges, which I disagreed with. So we FINALLY meet a fucking gain and by now I'm a beast on the ground somehow and tapped him out in two minutes of the first round with a mad leg lock, I was shocked. From here on my guy seems to have become unstoppable now that I've got my ground game close to perfection. Took on the champion Fitch (who had beat me earlier in my career) and defeated him with the TKO. He says after the match that the referee shouldn't of stopped it. I wanted a rematch, but I get Koscheck. Now my ground game is better, I showed him up and beat him at his own game with the GnP. And finally Fitch gets his rematch, claiming my win was a fluke and he's going to submit me. One minute into the first round and I score with the ducking under hook from probing position and he's out cold. After the fight he called me garbage and said the fight was garbage, what a fucking bitch. Alves is my next challenger in what Dana has called the biggest fight in UFC history. He's gone undefeated for numerous fights and this will probably be my biggest title defence to date.

Has anyone had the computer forfeit yet? I'm still wondering what it's going to take to get that to happen.

I've finally managed to get pretty much the full hang of the ground game though and even when I'm down, I'm doing pretty well to stop anything major. One thing, how do you kick the guy away when he's in open guard? I want to pull my legs back and push him away so I can stand up, but it never seems to work any more, unless it's just my guys stats still.

HOW? I've done the tutorials, but I just can't do anything on the ground bar lose inside seconds. Any tips? I didn't think it'd be possible to suck at rotating a stick, but I seem to be managing it. When I go on later, I'm gonna use the practise mode a bit to, well, practise....

If you're looking to improve in career, Camp Invites is the way to go. This is the place which has helped me finally get the hang of the ground game to a point where Mount isn't half as dangerous any more and I can usually get out of any dangerous positions now. Get your wrestling level up to 2, check out the learn part in camp invite and watch all of the examples. Then push to get to level 3 after a few more invites and once again watch the examples in learn. If you really take notice and attempt some of this stuff, life will be much easier on the ground. The Camp Invite is possibly the most important part of career if you ask me (or it certainly is to new players).

Anyway, finally won the Welterweight title after some crazy stuff. Koscheck is the biggest dick ever, in the game and in real life. We met and he said he was going to GnP me, which he did, because I was still trying to learn the ground game properly. Well we met again and by this stage, I've got the hang of it more. It goes to the scorecards and he wins 29-28 with all judges, which I disagreed with. So we FINALLY meet a fucking gain and by now I'm a beast on the ground somehow and tapped him out in two minutes of the first round with a mad leg lock, I was shocked. From here on my guy seems to have become unstoppable now that I've got my ground game close to perfection. Took on the champion Fitch (who had beat me earlier in my career) and defeated him with the TKO. He says after the match that the referee shouldn't of stopped it. I wanted a rematch, but I get Koscheck. Now my ground game is better, I showed him up and beat him at his own game with the GnP. And finally Fitch gets his rematch, claiming my win was a fluke and he's going to submit me. One minute into the first round and I score with the ducking under hook from probing position and he's out cold. After the fight he called me garbage and said the fight was garbage, what a fucking bitch. Alves is my next challenger in what Dana has called the biggest fight in UFC history. He's gone undefeated for numerous fights and this will probably be my biggest title defence to date.

Has anyone had the computer forfeit yet? I'm still wondering what it's going to take to get that to happen.

Thanks for the tip. I suck at the level one stand-up camp, so I have nothing to lose from the wrestling one. Will try it next.

Good luck with Alves.

Glad to hear that a patch for the quitters is coming. Hopefully it gives you a fucking way to get out of the Muai Thai clinch. The single handed clinch isn't so bad, as I've found that you only need to flick the right stick up when they go to punch you, but if they sit there spamming knees, you're pretty much screwed. The Muai Thai clinch however, you're just screwed until they KO you or feel like letting go, it's bullshit.

Tyson Griffin should NOT have started to punch me from the open mount, I'll just catch your punch and end your night early....

And FINALLY I get the submission of the night award.

Glad to hear that a patch for the quitters is coming. Hopefully it gives you a fucking way to get out of the Muai Thai clinch. The single handed clinch isn't so bad, as I've found that you only need to flick the right stick up when they go to punch you, but if they sit there spamming knees, you're pretty much screwed. The Muai Thai clinch however, you're just screwed until they KO you or feel like letting go, it's bullshit.

No, you just need to work on your defense in the clinch.

Can you not counter the knees with a double leg take down? I swear you can attempt take downs even when being attacked in the clinch, not to mention grabbing the knees and taking them down. I've had the same problems with the clinch but I'm starting to get a little better in it. Blocking is possibly the worst thing to do, because it seems to do fuck all. I've found that flicking the R down when he brings the knee up is usually the best way, or throwing a flurry of punches so that he breaks the clinch.

Man, fuck Rampage and Evans >_> I knock them the fuck out every fight, yet everytime I still get the same e-mail about how "Oh, Dana must've needed a fight that'll end quickly because that's the only reason I'd have to fight a no name like this guy."

Yeah, I've held the Light Heavyweight Championship since I won the damn thing and only have one loss in my entire career, to Shogun >_>.

I agree with whoever said it earlier, the CPU match making is a little shitty. I'm always facing either Rampage, Rashad or The Dragon. Occasionaly I get the option to fight Lidell as well, but that's about it.

Welterweight seems to be much different. Hughes, GSP, Fitch, Diego and Alves have all traded the title with Koscheck, myself and even Serra getting shots. I've only held the title for two fights, but I've already had the chance to face Koscheck, Fitch, GSP, Hughes and Alves. I'm guessing it just varies at time, but I haven't seem to have experienced the rematches and stuff like so many have so far. Maybe that'll change as a little more time goes on, but Welterweight is surprisingly competitive in my game.

Had this fight online against some guy with me as Lesnar, and he was whoring the same leg kick. And by whoring I mean 20 times in a fucking row. And I couldn't do shit because we were too close together and you can't block them. At point I even all but put the controller down. I then pressed some buttons/sticks and managed to reverse one into a takedwon. Still won though IIRC

Had this fight online against some guy with me as Lesnar, and he was whoring the same leg kick. And by whoring I mean 20 times in a fucking row. And I couldn't do shit because we were too close together and you can't block them. At point I even all but put the controller down. I then pressed some buttons/sticks and managed to reverse one into a takedwon. Still won though IIRC

Holt RT. Sometimes it seems to refuse to block, but if you can manage to back up a slight bit and get a few blocks in, the best thing to do is take this fuckers down because they're tanked after spamming the leg kicks. Then do a submission. It's a cheap way really, but if they're playing cheap, teach them a lesson at their own game.

Just had two people disconnect on me in a row after beating them in the third round. Damn great fight against Rashad and I really cant understand why people cant handle losing. It's annoying to lose when you fight a great fight, but it's a fucking game, stop worrying over a record.

53-10 online now. Got my first decision victory for my 53rd after a bitch of a fight against someone as Forrest Griffin. His record was nearly the same as mine, too. I was 52-10 going in, he was 47-11. He threw some nasty combos and almost had me tapped out at one point, but once it came down to the judges, my offense and defense pulled it out in a 29-28 unanimous victory.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

No, you just need to work on your defense in the clinch.

I managed to get out of the Muay Thai clinch when I practised with Maxx online but I still can't do it against the CPU. Especially Wanderlai Silva with the fucking whip knees, bastard.

Can you not counter the knees with a double leg take down? I swear you can attempt take downs even when being attacked in the clinch, not to mention grabbing the knees and taking them down. I've had the same problems with the clinch but I'm starting to get a little better in it. Blocking is possibly the worst thing to do, because it seems to do fuck all. I've found that flicking the R down when he brings the knee up is usually the best way, or throwing a flurry of punches so that he breaks the clinch.

You can counter the knees but in the muay thai clinch they're always whipping you and then throwing the knees. If they just throw a knee without whipping it's fairly easy to take them down but I can't do anything when they whip first.

I had the same thing against some douche yesterday. He was his CAF Jet Li ( :rolleyes: ) and I was my CAF, he knocked me down in the second round and I was in the position on my side, looking out of it and not protecting myself but because he was so tired from throwing the kicks I managed to get up. Then I used his strategy against him at the start of the third. At the start of both the first and second he charged at me from the get go so this time I connected with a spinning back fist as he charged to rock him and then knocked him out with a Superman punch, 4 seconds into Round 3 (H)

Holt RT. Sometimes it seems to refuse to block, but if you can manage to back up a slight bit and get a few blocks in, the best thing to do is take this fuckers down because they're tanked after spamming the leg kicks. Then do a submission. It's a cheap way really, but if they're playing cheap, teach them a lesson at their own game.

RT blocks the kicks to the mid-section, there is no block for the leg kicks.

online pretty stupid... Lag was terrible in me 1st match and the guy was just staying away and then will just hit a push kick bs that i lost.

It's weird. Sometimes RT does seem to block the leg kicks. Whenever someone spams them, as long as I'm not right next to him, RT does a decent job of slightly blocking it and allowing me to back up, so it has a little effect on things it seems, even if it's not fully blocking it, it seems to help you move away.