UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

God, I keep getting my ass handed to me in career mode. I had it on expert to start off with, because that's how I was playing on the demo since it came out. Then, I had to lower it to advanced just to last more than a round, now I'm all the way down to experienced. I love the game, but I just can't seem to figure out how to stay consistent on expert.

I'm getting ready to create a new character in the lightweight division and I want to play on expert from the start, any suggestions on how to go about fighting on expert? My stand up skills are good, I counter quite a bit. My ground game has drastically improved, but no matter how many times I reverse some, or try to reverse something, the computer always ends up with the upper hand. I want to run through the career mode on expert like I said before, but I don't want every single fight to end up being a 1 to 2 minute brutalization of my character, lol.

At the start dodge any fighter who you thinks style will rip you apart, be patient in your fighting and don't just run straight in arms swinging. Most of the time you mess up on the ground because your jerking the stick(panicking) this doesn't work. Just take your time and don't worry if you take a few hits. This works for online too.

Yes that's the one. Know who he was fighting?

David Loiseau.

Really? I thought it might have been Matt Hamill.

It sounds like he says "Matt... Matt, That was a joke, He hits hard man" I could be wrong, Whatever.

It sounds like he says both Matt and Dave. 'Matt, that's a joke. Dave clipped me, he hits hard'. Matt could easily be 'man' though.
Eh, True.

If only it were on youtube, Does anyone know what show that Karo sung "My Judo Throws" at? Because that has to be my favourite background audio clip.

Wrestling training camps are silly it's just hard for me to do them. THey don't shoot for takedowns so can't go for a guilotine choke from sprawl so can't do the tasks for it. Boxing easy just wrestlings stupid

This game gets on my nerves quite a bit, but I still love it.

Won in a very satisfying way online last night. Can't remember who I was fighting against, but I was nailing them with big shots left and right, and managing to block 90% of blows coming my way. He must of been hurting, as he dove for the takedown yet missed. I sprawl ontop of him, catching him in his mistake, and lock him in a rear nakey for the win.

God, I keep getting my ass handed to me in career mode. I had it on expert to start off with, because that's how I was playing on the demo since it came out. Then, I had to lower it to advanced just to last more than a round, now I'm all the way down to experienced. I love the game, but I just can't seem to figure out how to stay consistent on expert.

I'm getting ready to create a new character in the lightweight division and I want to play on expert from the start, any suggestions on how to go about fighting on expert? My stand up skills are good, I counter quite a bit. My ground game has drastically improved, but no matter how many times I reverse some, or try to reverse something, the computer always ends up with the upper hand. I want to run through the career mode on expert like I said before, but I don't want every single fight to end up being a 1 to 2 minute brutalization of my character, lol.

At the start dodge any fighter who you thinks style will rip you apart, be patient in your fighting and don't just run straight in arms swinging. Most of the time you mess up on the ground because your jerking the stick(panicking) this doesn't work. Just take your time and don't worry if you take a few hits. This works for online too.

I actually don't panic anymore when I'm on the ground, I usually take the fight to the ground. I have good transitions and I know how to put my opponent back to the guard, it just seems likes when I fight certain people, I can't for the life of me roll them over while they're in full mount, I can't keep them from getting full mount, or I can't catch them in a submission. Any advice on making the computer tap? I can make plenty of people tap online, but I've never submitted the the computer.

Wrestling training camps are silly it's just hard for me to do them. THey don't shoot for takedowns so can't go for a guilotine choke from sprawl so can't do the tasks for it. Boxing easy just wrestlings stupid

Wrestling isn't as hard as it seems if you focus properly. And they do attempt the take downs. Allow them to draw in a little close and don't throw anything, just be ready for when he shoots. It may take fifteen or so seconds sometimes, because the trainer is made to be a little easy so the tasks are doable. I've found the guillotine one to be the easiest of the lot actually.

I've started to understand why people moan about the higher levels online though, it seems about 6/10 people will quit at the higher levels, whether it was an awesome fight or not, some people just care for a record too much. I had about four people quit in a row earlier, which is ridiculous after a while. The sooner the patch is released, the better.

In my career as Angle, I got caught in the guillotine by Machida fairly early on. So he's got me in the first stage of it, and I'm rotating the stick for ages, we must've been in that position for about 20 seconds, as opposed to what is probably normally 10 seconds. He then got to the second stage of it, where I'm like standing up but bent over with my head under his arm on the floor. At this point, I switch to tapping X and O, and eventually I break out of it in a power-like fashion. BUt I don't pick him up and slam him, I lift him up and slam him, but with my head still under his arm, effectively DDT'ing myself. :mellow: I then floated over into side control. It just looked like a very strange way to break out of a submission: DDT yourself from a great height.

In my career as Angle, I got caught in the guillotine by Machida fairly early on. So he's got me in the first stage of it, and I'm rotating the stick for ages, we must've been in that position for about 20 seconds, as opposed to what is probably normally 10 seconds. He then got to the second stage of it, where I'm like standing up but bent over with my head under his arm on the floor. At this point, I switch to tapping X and O, and eventually I break out of it in a power-like fashion. BUt I don't pick him up and slam him, I lift him up and slam him, but with my head still under his arm, effectively DDT'ing myself. :mellow: I then floated over into side control. It just looked like a very strange way to break out of a submission: DDT yourself from a great height.

I know exactly what you mean, that was my first reaction upon seeing the escape too, I thought that meant I was done for until side control came around. Kinda makes sense though, if your doing the guillotining, say you got picked up and slammed (regardless of them feeling them impact with their head), chances are your grip on the headlock is going to loosen from the impact, giving them the leverage to slip out.

Last night I won the belt with my new light heavyweight career mode fellow. I fought Machida who by then had three losses. He was really hard to get a hold of as he kept backing up and blocking my take downs. In the middle of the second round I connected with a spinning back kick followed by a left high kick and a one two left right punch combo for the KO. It's was pretty sweet. I then disposed of Rampage in the first round followed by beating Forrest for the belt. Now I just have to start three more careers to get all the belts for the achievement.

It sounds like he says both Matt and Dave. 'Matt, that's a joke. Dave clipped me, he hits hard'. Matt could easily be 'man' though.
Eh, True.

If only it were on youtube, Does anyone know what show that Karo sung "My Judo Throws" at? Because that has to be my favourite background audio clip.

It certainly is Franklin vs. Loiseau. Hey's saying "that" not "Matt."