Do you get names/numbers printed on your shirts/jerseys?

AJ

I love football jerseys, wear them all the time...I usually buy them with the name already on but some I have had custom made are:

This seasons goalkeeper top with Schmeichel on the back

2005/06 kit with O'Shea 22

2007/08 Black with Nani 17

I have a bunch of other Utd kits with Rooney,Ronaldo,RVN and the latest white one with Giggs 11.

I also have two England shirts(Beckham on both), Argentina with Tevez on the back(Souvenir from when I visited). My Dad also got me a Spurs jersey with Corluka on it.

My favorite shirt however has been hanging on my door since 2002, a Senegal jersey with Papa Bouba Diop on the back!. I remember their miracle run in the world cup and seriously used to think he was the best player in the world

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the one that had Kaka Tattooed On His Chest?

Gotta be better than having Roy Keane's face (before being sacked from Sunderland) on your shoulder or Andy Cole (week before leaving Newcastle for Man Utd) on your thigh like another couple of mugs.

• Admin

Got an Eli Manning Giants jersey NFL-wise, but with footy I always get the Spurs home kit (apart from this year), last few names have been Bale, Dawson, Keane. Also have a Priskin Watford kit. In the past it's been Gerrard on a couple of England kits. Oh, and from various holidays I managed to get AC Milan (Maldini), Celtic (Larsson), Barca (Ronaldinho), and a Norway kit (fucking random).

Lemme think. I have a Todd Heap Ravens and a Rich Gannon Raiders jersey (both because I got them from eBay. I'm not complaining about the choice of players, it just warrants a bit of explanation). I had a Darren Bent shirt in 2006 and was thinking about having his name and number on the back of the Centenary one before deciding otherwise, still wear the former every once in a while. I have a Dom Hasek Wings away jersey and, as I explained to a guy I know who's a fellow Leaf, it's not the fact it's Detroit I wear it it's the fact it's Hasek - if I can find somewhere to have it done, I'll have Brodeur's name and number on the back on the Devils jersey my parents got me when they went to New York last summer (and probably the same for Luke Schenn).

What about the one that had Kaka Tattooed On His Chest?

Gotta be better than having Roy Keane's face (before being sacked from Sunderland) on your shoulder or Andy Cole (week before leaving Newcastle for Man Utd) on your thigh like another couple of mugs.

This reminds me of three Eredivisie seasons ago when AZ Alkmaar were first in the league going into the last round of the competition. Some dude tattoo'd the exact date that AZ would become champion on his chest, thinking they couldn't possibly lose to the last team in the league. Well, they did :shifty: Serves him right though, why tattoo anything before it has really happened....hell, why tattoo anything football related on your f'n body in the first place >_<

I have 3 and they're all from the 49ers. I have Steve Young and Jerry Rice and then I also have one with my name on it (that was a Christmas gift).

I don't really wear any of them anymore though unless on game day Sundays.

Edited by Livid

I think the only shirt that I've had numbers and names on it that wasn't mine (as a kid, was great fun when we changed our surname) was Cantona - 7. The Blue and White striped kit had it. Though my mother wasn't a fan of Cantona (thought he was too violent, fucking palace fan was BEGGING to get kicked IMHO) and would stop me turning the collar up.

All my Birmingham shirts don't have numbers or names thought I am tempted to get Phillips on one of them

• 2 weeks later...

I always get names on my Liverpool shirts, always have done, and I'm kinds wierd that I don't like to get the same name twice, but there iare one or two exceptions. And I also won't get Gerrard or Carragher until they're last season, simply for the reason that everyone seems to get them on shirts, and I like to be a little different nowdays, though when I was younger, I got the obvious names (Owen and Fowler)

1995/96 - Home - Collymore 8

Away (Green & White Quaters) - McManaman 17

Goalkeepers - James 1

1996/97 - Home - Fowler 9

Away (Cream) - Berger 15

Goalkeepers - James 1

1997/98 - Away (Yellow) - Ince 17

1998/99 - Home - Owen 10

Away (White) - Heggam 14

2002/03 - Home - Heskey 8

2004/05 - Home - Hansen 6

2006/07 - Home - Pennant 16

Away (Yellow) - Fowler 9

2007/06 - Away (White) - Torres 9

Funny story about getting Hansen on my shirt, the woman at JJB spelt it wrong and now I have "Hanson" on it, I have a fucking boy band on a liverpool shirt, I wasn't best pleased :(