Do you get names/numbers printed on your shirts/jerseys?

AJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was younger I had a Chicago Blackhawks jersey with Ed Belfour's name on the back.

Age 12, I received a Nashville Predators jersey, with Tomas Vokoun's name on the back.

Last year, just before the playoffs, I bought a Calgary Flames jersey, with Miikka Kiprusoff's name on the back.

See the pattern? I'm a huge fan of goalies.

Other than that, I had a few local hockey team practice jerseys, one of which was signed by the whole team as a gift when I was in the hospital at age 11, I think. I may have been 12, I can't remember exactly.

I've also owned Toronto Blue Jay jerseys, home and away, circa mid-90s. They held up incredibly well over the years, but I unfortunately grew out of them. I looked like an emo baseball player during high school, with my jays jersey over a band t-shirt and skinny jeans. It was awesome.

I'd like to pick up some new ones, but funds are tight. I'm hoping to have a Team Canada jersey before next year's World Juniors.

The majority of my jerseys are blank.. some of em just have the number but most have nothing.. the ones I do have is a Bluejays number 25 from back in '04 (Carlos Delgado)

Feyenoord Pablo Sanchez from '99 .. he was my favorite player back then for some weird reason :P He was nothing brilliant

The '02 Feyenoord Van Hooijdonk kit..

Funny I bought those 2 at the beginning of those seasons.. and ended up winning the League in 99 and the UEFA Cup in 02.. I think I should go back to buying jerseys WITH name..

And then I have the latest Spain and Liverpool jersey .. both of em with Torres.. and Holland's kit saying De Guzman ^_^

I've always had my own name/a variation of my own name on the back of my shirts (except when I was a lot younger, when I think they were blank). For example my old one had "STOKERINO, 6" on the back (when 6 was arbitrarily my favourite number...plus Desailly had that number at the time, legend that he is), and my new one has "STOKER, 25" (Zola reference). Wouldn't get a player's name on it, because I just know that I'd jinx them into being sold the next week. ¬_¬

Edited by stokeriño

I've only ever had a Chicago Bulls jersey when I was about 6-7 with Michael Jordon's name and number on the back but that was given to me as a gift and I didn't really know anyone in the NBA except Jordan at the time so that was cool with me.

I have a signed Sydney Kings Jersey with the team that won the finals so I dont ever wear that jersey and I have an Arsenal jersey with no name or number on the back.

A friend of mine is a Liverpool fan and was telling me last weekend that he has shirts with Mellor, Morientes and Sinama-Pongolle on them. I doubt anyone has a collection as bad as that anywhere in the world >_>

Oh and I used to have Blackburn's Iron Bru coloured away kit (with silver trim~), which was made out of the worse material I have ever worn. It was horrid.

Edited by NBTim Donst

I normally have names put on the back of mine, yeah.

For this season's United shirts, I have;

Home - Eagles 33. Had this put on at the beginning of the 2007/08 season.

Away, White - Hargreaves 4.

3rd, Blue - Baddar 9

On last season's black away shirt I had Carrick 16.

The previous white away shirt was Rooney 8.

Another home shirt had Van Nistelrooy 10.

My non-United shirt prints are;

Argentina, 06-08 home - Heinze 6

Spain, 06-08 away - Fabregas 8

Spain, 04-06 home - Raul ...11, I think. Not sure.

I used to have a Darlo away shirt from the 99/00 season with "Gabbiadini 10" on the back, but that's the only time I've ever got a name on the back of a shirt. Might consider getting one done nowadays but there's not many places that do Football League lettering round here.

And then I have the latest Spain and Liverpool jersey .. both of em with Torres.. and Holland's kit saying De Guzman ^_^

Haha nice, De Guzman :) The Canadians should be happy to see this. I'm sure he'll one day play for Holland so you've made a good prediction.

I only own one real footy shirt and that's the yellow/blue away shirt of Tottenham from I think 4 seasons ago with (Edgar) Davids on it. I would like to have more shirts but they are so expensive (70 euros, too much) and I'm afraid if I order one it either won't fit me or I look stupid in it :pervert:

I've never once considered sticking a name on the back of my Newcastle shirts (or England... or Man Utd as a toddler >_<) under the basis that with my luck, that person would be sold immediately after I wrote it down, would receive a crippling injury or would never live up to their potential. Maybe it's because I've got more sense than money when it comes to a new signing for my club, whenever a player is signed I don't get caught up in the hype so much that I want to ascosiate my shirt with that player..

Or maybe it's because one of my best mates once got Cacapa on his shirt... only to be heartbroken when he turned out to be a slow and useless player. :D

Plus I'll be able to get some cheap Owen 10 away shirts in the near future anyway <_<

Haha nice, De Guzman :) The Canadians should be happy to see this. I'm sure he'll one day play for Holland so you've made a good prediction.

I only own one real footy shirt and that's the yellow/blue away shirt of Tottenham from I think 4 seasons ago with (Edgar) Davids on it. I would like to have more shirts but they are so expensive (70 euros, too much) and I'm afraid if I order one it either won't fit me or I look stupid in it :pervert:

Well he's already got a few caps for Jong Oranje so surely it won't be much longer till he makes it to the first team

I have quite a lot of Football shirts, thanks to the nice customers at my father hotel leaving them as gifts for staff, but if thery don't fit, I get them, and they all tend to have the captain of whoever is captain of that season on the back written on them.

The shirts I get (Well, my mum gets. Being 14 is annoying when it comes to buying stuff. >_> ) are always Newcastle shirts or Fenerbaçe shirts though, and they all have "Stardy" written on the back, with either the numbers "16" or "33" on it. Dunno why. Just do.

My Utd shirt at the moment has Scholes on the back and is the only time so far I've put a name on the back of my shirt. I did however get an Orlando Magic jersey a few years back with Francis on the back. All the other shirts I have are from foreign teams I picked up for cheap at the shops so I never even thought about putting a name on it.

I'm not really big on shirts with the names & numbers on the back, of all my footie shirts (and I do own a lot) I'd say only about three have them on the back. An old Barcelona shirt with 'Kluivert' on the back, a souvenir from the Nou Camp, a Liverpool shirt with '10. Owen' on the back, and this seasons Rovers shirt with '12. Hayter' on the back. All of my other Rovers/Liverpool/England shirts have nothing on the back but the kit styling.

I have a couple of jerseys.

My Red Sox home is blank on the back, that way I can wear it longer. If I wanted a player on the back, I would go for one of those screen printed t-shirts for $15-20 instead. That way if they get traded or leave the team, it's not a huge loss. That and I went for the younger players anyway: 15 Pedroia, 31 Lester, 46 Ellsbury, (all blue) and then a gray 58 Papelbon.

For the NBA, which I've pretty much stopped caring about a couple years ago... I ended up getting an alt. away gray 5 Jason Kidd and a blue away 15 Vince Carter. But a year after I got the Kidd one he got traded to Dallas. Ugh.

For the NFL, I got a white away 39 Laurence Maroney (ugh, at least it was only $25) and a blue home 81 Randy Moss. I'm not gonna be like everyone else and get a freakin Tom Brady or Teddy Bruschi.

For the other football, I just got myself a Fleet home top... but it comes blank on the back. Not that I'd really want a player name on the back anyway, especially for a Conference team where nobody seems to stay for a club that long.

I have a few Jerseys

Matt Birk Vikings Jersey

Sage Rosenfels Jersey for the Dolphins, Texans and Redskins, Soon to be Vikings

Warren Moon

Fran Tarkenton Throwback

Mikko Koivu

Saku Koivu

Teemu Seleane Ducks Jersey

Niklas Backstrom

Derek Boogard

Mikka Kiprusof

Kevin Williams