Good actors, bad movies

Lint

This was brought byh the Jason Statham thread. Whats a movie you've seen that, despite having some good actors in it, was just pure shit when you watched it?

For me, its gotta be the one I mentioned in the statham threat..In The Name Of The King..the actors in it are..

Jason Statham

Leelee Sobieski

John Rhys-Davies

Ron Perlman

Kristina Loken

Burt Reynolds

Ray Liotta

All good actors/actress...yet the movie itself is pure and utter trash. Most due to the directing by Uwe Boll...the hate for him continues. The action scenes are so poorly directed and editted, its impossible to keep track of whats going on. The poor writing leads to dialog that just plain sucks. Its the only time I've watched a movie like this and been completely bored during the whole thing

Basically anything Christopher Walken has been in for the past ten years. Same goes for most of what Eugene Levy and Fred Willard have been in when they're not doing Christopher Guest movies (though Willard was in WALL-E).

Another one; William H. Macy, Wild Hogs. That was always what stuck out like a sore thumb considering his co-stars were John Travolta, Tim Allen, and Martin Lawrence.

Cabin Fever.

Not even Rider Strong could save that crap. <_<

It's kind of unfair to list any Uwe Boll movie. Because of the way those films are made, they tend to get big-name talent. I believe he waits until about a week before the shoot to cast people so he can get big stars who are on a break and have a month or two free to get a quick paycheck.

Alone In The Dark: Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Stephen Dorff (I guess only Slater and Dorff could be loosely considered good actors, but still decent names)

BloodRayne: Kristanna Loken, Michael Madsen, Billy Zane, Meat Loaf, Michelle Rodriguez, Ben Kingsley

In the Name of the King was already mentioned.

This thread brings to mind nearly the entirety of Guy Pearce's career.

:huh:

LA Confidential and Memento say hello. And, whilst I haven't seen it, I'm sure timmayy will trumpet The Proposition too.

Oh, and I randomly came across this whilst looking at his Wiki. Seriously, Guy Pearce, Forest Whittaker, Dakota Fanning, Kate Beckinsinale and Jackie Earle Haley - what an eclectic mix!

For me one of the biggest let downs was Around the World in 80 Days. With a cast including Chan, Coogan, Jim Broadbent, John Cleese, Schwarzenegger, Rob Schneider and the Wilson brothers, on paper it really should have been a good and successful movie......pity it was pure shit.

This thread brings to mind nearly the entirety of Guy Pearce's career.

:huh:

LA Confidential and Memento say hello. And, whilst I haven't seen it, I'm sure timmayy will trumpet The Proposition too.

Priscilla says hi too.

:shifty:

As far as good actors in bad movies....

Escape From LA

Kurt Russell, Stacy Keach, Steve Buscemi, Cliff Robertson, Pam Grier, Peter Fonda, and Bruce Cambell. Throw all of them together in a relocated Escape From New York with some crap special effects...and you get Escape From LA.

Also, Alien Resurrection. You have Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, Michael Wincott, Dan Hedaya, Brad Douriff, Gary Dourdan, Ron Perlman and Leland Orser.

WHERE DID THEY GO WRONG?!