Jade Goody Dies

Scott McFly

Jade Goody has died in her sleep following a public battle with cancer, her publicist Max Clifford said.

The reality TV star died with her mother Jackiey Budden at her side at her home in Upshire, Essex, at 3.14am on Mother's Day.

"My beautiful daughter is at peace," Ms Budden said.

Speaking outside her home, wearing pyjamas with a coat over the top, she added: "Family and friends would like privacy at last."

Referring to how her public battle with cancer has raised awareness of the disease, Mr Clifford said: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives.

"She was a very, very brave girl. And she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

He said it was "ironic" that the 27-year-old - who had two young sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four - had died on Mother's Day. Mr Clifford said he hoped Goody's family would now be left in peace to grieve.

Goody's friend Kevin Adams, who was also there when she died, left the house visibly upset and dressed all in black. He declined to comment to reporters outside the home.

Mourners started arriving at the house to pay tribute to Goody within minutes of the news breaking. They left floral tributes at the gates of her home. Later, two police officers arrived at the house.

Harpal Kumar, Cancer Research UK's chief executive, said: "We are very sad to hear of Jade's death and our thoughts are with her family and friends at this devastating time. Her brave battle with an aggressive form of cervical cancer has received widespread public attention and encouraged thousands of women to seek advice on how to prevent the disease."

Mixed feelings on this. On the one hand she was annoying as hell, you couldn't get away from her, she was by far the worst of the Big Brother "celebrities", she was a total idiot, racially abused a fellow contestant, cashed in on anything and everything and was just generally someone you wished wasn't famous and would just fuck off. And the publicity surrounding her condition and illness was bordering on sick especially with the "tribute" issue of OK magazine with "1981-2009" on the front and "In Loving Memory" when she hadn't even died yet. And suddenly everyone forgets about how much everyone despised her in the past and that her husband is just a thug and her mother is... something.

But obviously I feel for her friends and family and her two sons who now have to grow up without a mother. And she did campaign for allowing screening for cancer in younger women which will hopefully encourage the government to change that and avoid more deaths like hers that could've been treated with a change in the law.

So hopefully when people look back they'll remember why she was "famous" in the first place (for being an idiot) and will remember the public turning on her after some of the stuff she did and shamelessly promoting this and that and having her image all over perfumes and books. But at least in her final months she's done all she can to set her family up for the future and hopefully raise awareness for the disease that killed her so that it happens to as few people as possible in years to come. And I guess for that you have to salute her and say well done that she has finally done something worth paying attention to.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda liked her.

She milked her annoyingness for MILLIONS and I agree with Charlie Brooker when he says that Jade wasn't the main protagonist in the whole "race row" situation and that it was down to the other girls in the house who were much more malicious with it.

Fair play to her and such miserable cancer deaths are always tragic, especially so young (she was younger than me) and apparantly the situation got a LOAD of girls to actually go to hospital to get their smear tests so at least some good came out of it.

Thoughts and prayers with the kids who it seemed she was doing everything for like a good mother.

Well I can say one thing for her. She made a shitload of money out of her Big Brother experience. More than any of the rest of them. She was a sort of village idiot of the "famous for the sake of it" breed, though she either had brains underneath that exterior or had some very smart people behind her (Max Clifford for one). The greatest shame I feel is that her battle with cancer was in my eyes, undertaken in a very undignified manner. I've heard the argument that she "was doing it to make money for her kids" but she was already a wealthy woman. I could've done without having to see her dying on every paper every time I went to the shops. And no doubt we'll get some sort of beatification of her in the tabloids in the style of Diana for years to come. I don't buy them, but I'll be rolling my eyes at the headlines.

Edited by HoboObohHbob

Certainly. It seemed the backlash of the Big Brother race row happened in reverse order. The most racist, Danielle Lloyd, gets the least negative press, and the least racist, Jade Goody, gets the most of it. I don't think she was racist, but I still think she was so many things that adding "racist" to it wouldn't make a difference. I despised her and while I wouldn't wish cancer or death on anyone I could not care less that she has passed on, my life will not be at all impacted by this event and I will hopefully forget she ever existed as long as the press allow me to.

Which reminds me of who I really hate from all this, Max Clifford and the Media. More the former, as I feel he and Jade manipulated the Media, not the other way around. They are dangling a massive story in front of them, so the Media would be stupid to pass up on easy money. It was Jade Goody's choice to die without dignity, and I really hope for her kids that they don't grow up constantly in the public eye just because their mother was a media whore. But lets face it, with Jack Tweed as their legal guardian, I fully expect them to grow into a similar monster.

All that is left to be seen is if the funeral rights have been passed on to OK Magazine or LivingTV.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I kinda liked her.

She milked her annoyingness for MILLIONS

And that's a good thing? The fact she went on a reality TV show, proved herself to have the brains of an ameoba without any of the average ameoba's people skills is something to laud her for? Are you fucking with me? I'm not exactly glad she's dead - although I AM glad that this deluge of tributes from OK and such are going to stop soon - but I don't see why I'm supposed to feel sad any more. When soldiers are killed overseas and people die of cancer every day but nobody says a word, why the fuck is Jade fucking Goody getting all this adoration?

(Rhetorical question. I know exactly why it's happening and that makes me sick)

Certainly. It seemed the backlash of the Big Brother race row happened in reverse order. The most racist, Danielle Lloyd, gets the least negative press, and the least racist, Jade Goody, gets the most of it. I don't think she was racist, but I still think she was so many things that adding "racist" to it wouldn't make a difference. I despised her and while I wouldn't wish cancer or death on anyone I could not care less that she has passed on, my life will not be at all impacted by this event and I will hopefully forget she ever existed as long as the press allow me to.

Which reminds me of who I really hate from all this, Max Clifford and the Media. More the former, as I feel he and Jade manipulated the Media, not the other way around. They are dangling a massive story in front of them, so the Media would be stupid to pass up on easy money. It was Jade Goody's choice to die without dignity, and I really hope for her kids that they don't grow up constantly in the public eye just because their mother was a media whore. But lets face it, with Jack Tweed as their legal guardian, I fully expect them to grow into a similar monster.

All that is left to be seen is if the funeral rights have been passed on to OK Magazine or LivingTV.

I definitely agree that Danielle Lloyd should've come out of that whole thing a lot worse than she did. Not sure how it works, but wouldn't the kids be dependants of their father rather than their step-father? In which case Jeff Brazier would be their guardian.

And Jade's funeral shown on a channel called Living sounds like something she'd come up with.

I ahte to sound really harsh, but i was getting sick of the whole "jades Ill" thing on the cover of every bloody paper. She couldn't even die with dignaty, she had to hawk her cancer in everyone's face. It disgusted me, it really did. Whats next, her at the funeral? family eating bloody flakes at the funeral?!

I feel sorry for her family and her two lads, but she had no dignaty and would whore herself out to any paper or magazine that offered her a coupple of quid. I could never stand her, and it reall is a complete non-event.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't the intention, and this is by no-means a dig or a shot at cancer victims, believe me, people in my family have battled it. It's mearly my view on a woman I found to be abhorant

And Jade's funeral shown on a channel called Living sounds like something she'd come up with.

You're not serious? Please tell me her funeral won't be on television. Candle In The Wind 2009 anyone? >_<

Be was pretty much saying what I was thinking but... didn't say tbh also. :shifty:

Tweed is back of to jail soon anyway, its Brazier that is going to look after them.

I will say, it is sad that she has died so young and such

But as pretty much echo'd, she was fucking useless, and the dumbest person alive, seriously i'm shocked she didn't one day wake up and forget how to breath.

I think the way she decided to play out her final days was disgusting to be honest. While i think for once she actually did something of use, by making her illness very public, and it brought a lot of awareness, which is great, its good she finally did some good from all her fame. But the way she proceeded to die in front of the camera and such was just pure disgusting. This whole "raising money for my kids" i think was a pathetic excuse, seriously jades two kids would of already had more money for them to grow up with than everyone on my street combinded thanks to how much of a money whore their mother was, and they still have their dad who will happily cash in his fame for a extra buck or two anytime.

Jade wasn't THAT horrible, but she wasn't THAT good. She was just an average person who other average people looked up to for some strange reason.

One one hand, she's an idiot for milking publicity out of a very personal thing, on the other she's promoted a very serious topic for another generation. She's certainly not the first person to do something like this (Sarah Payne's mum springs to mind as someone who could milk an entire career out of a tragedy) but because she was clearly a stupid person it's amplified 100 times more. Probably because being stupid she's far more quotable and understandable than someone who'd use more than four syllables per word, which is far beyond the IQ of a HEAT magazine reader.

I'd say I was sick of the whole Jade Goody situation, but I've ignored the majority of it through reading the Guardian. It's very easy to ignore news once you realise that you're getting worked up over nothing and that there's an off button on your television sets.

She never really bothered me to be honest but then again I never watched Big Brother so I don't really know what she's really like. She was in the papers like every day where she was written about in a very favourable manner in the last couple of months. That's about all I know because my sole way of finding out about the outside world is the metro.

Dear All,

If you are reading this, then that means I have passed on. Thank you all for your love and support, it has helped me through this difficult time immeasurably. It's been a tough few months, and I hope that something good will be learnt from all of this. I am now in a better place, free of the pain, the horror, and the ugliness that I possessed. I hope I have been an inspiration to many others like me. Please remember me for good things.

Farewell,

Jade Goody's Cancer

Dear All,

If you are reading this, then that means I have passed on. Thank you all for your love and support, it has helped me through this difficult time immeasurably. It's been a tough few months, and I hope that something good will be learnt from all of this. I am now in a better place, free of the pain, the horror, and the ugliness that I possessed. I hope I have been an inspiration to many others like me. Please remember me for good things.

Farewell,

Jade Goody's Cancer

Frankly distasteful and childish.

Did she ever murder someone? No.

Rape someone? No.

Physically and literally ruin someone's life? No.

She was just a bit annoying on your tellybox and, as bluey just mentioned to me, she earned more money than the whole of EWB will in our lives.

Was she related to you or did you know her in the slightest? No.

People make jokes about things like this, because it's a natural respnse, especiall in this case, considering how annoying she is. If people can make racist, Madeline McCann and 9/11 jokes, then Jade Goody jokes are A-OK.

Plus, it was hella funny.

Boo fucking hoo.

I love how everybody has suddenly forgotten themselves wishing death upon her a few months before all this happened. She spent her dying days how she spent her entire life - milking the media for all it's worth. And no, Hammy, that isn't a good thing. It's people like her that fuck up the rest of the economy by raking in money for doing fuck all. She had enough money for her kids before all this, so she can shove that excuse up her arse. As far as I'm concerned it's just one less useless moron to worry about.

Edit: Oh, and yes. She raped me of my will to live.

Edit 2: And all of that money she's been raising for her 'kids' - why the fuck is she blowing it all on her stupid live funeral. I mean, come on, her family doesn't deserve a penny they've gotten from the media. Before she got famous they were your average lower/middle class family... that isn't such a bad thing. Same as me, I'm not living in a cardboard box, so what makes her kids so special as to need millions to grow up with?

Edited by Nerf

Alright. So today I see on Yahoo news some bullshit about a British reality TV 'star' dying at 27.

As a member of the human race, it's kind of sad when someone that young dies.

And then you move on with your life about 10 seconds later. Cause it's not like you knew her personally, she was just on a television show. (And in my case, a TV show in another country.)

I can't see what the big deal is. People die from cancer all the time, people die from cancer that young all the time. Where's the media attention for them?

This culture of celebrity worship, stalking, obsession ... even though who only had minor roles in spotlight (like appearing on reality TV), this needs to stop.