Jade Goody Dies

Scott McFly

I'm not saying it helps, but you can't seriously believe that's the source of the problem. If we're going to talk about overpaid, let's talk about footballers, or pop stars, or actors. Yeah, they contribute to society, but are their efforts really worth what they're paid?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say it was the source of the problem, but it certainly fucks things up further. And for the record, I'm totally against the ridiculous wages that supposed 'celebrities' are receiving. That includes athletes, actors, musicians and the like.

Then talk to the BBC/ITV/Hello/Ok/Channel 4/EMI/Manchester United/20th Century Fox et al and tell them you want the money put into the public coffers. Don't blame those who take it, when I think we both know that neither of us would turn it down.

So she says.

And Bigal, you can't say that giving somebody millions of pounds (for doing fuck all, but that's besides the point) is going to help the economy any. We're in a financial crisis, and yet we can afford to throw tons of it her way. Ergo, that money could go into our system and attempt to restore the current problems.

Said.

Guest Some Daft Punk

What I don't get is that people were all over Jade in a negative way like a rash after she referred to Shilpa Shetty as "Shilpa Poppadum", but when she was diagnosed with cancer, to be honest I think people (including the press) tucked their balls in between their legs and clucked like chickens. It is also my opinion the way she used and allowed people to voyer into her life while she was going through this ordeal was quite disgusting if you ask me and for that alone I'm glad she's dead.

Also, I'm really glad that fucking twat of a widowed husband Jack Tweed is set for prison time soon because he won't be able to enjoy the millions that were probably left for him as a result of him marrying her before she popped her clogs (because we all know he only showed interest in her because of the money).

The only people I feel sorry for in all of this are Jade's two sons.

What I don't get is that people were all over Jade in a negative way like a rash after she referred to Shilpa Shetty as "Shilpa Poppadum", but when she was diagnosed with cancer, to be honest I think people (including the press) tucked their balls in between their legs and clucked like chickens. It is also my opinion the way she used and allowed people to voyer into her life while she was going through this ordeal was quite disgusting if you ask me and for that alone I'm glad she's dead.

Also, I'm really glad that fucking twat of a widowed husband Jack Tweed is set for prison time soon because he won't be able to enjoy the millions that were probably left for him as a result of him marrying her before she popped her clogs (because we all know he only showed interest in her because of the money).

Overreaction much?

Guest Some Daft Punk

Overreaction much?

Not really. She was a complete nuisance to anyone who wanted to read a newspaper without being appalled.

Overreaction much?

Not really. She was a complete nuisance to anyone who wanted to read a newspaper without being appalled.

This has to be a joke post.

At the end of the day, it is sad to see someone die so young, I am kind of glad its happened. Now I don't mean that as a 'I'm glad she's dead', however I am glad that soon the papers will move on and she won't take up front pages in space of actual news. I really don't like how she whored out her illness everywhere, but that's how she was, she would do anything for the money. What annoyed me more about the whole thing was how suddenly a lot of people who hated her months prior all of a sudden loved her when they found out she was going to die, not when she had cancer, but when they found out it was terminal, and then the papers made it seem as if she was the only person in the entire world who had cancer. Since I have people quite close to me who have/had cancer, that annoyed me the most, that despite there being a lot of people in the world with cancer we should all pay attention to her because she had it.

Although it is good to see that it raised awareness to a lot of women so they got themselves checked so that people could be saved.

I'm not glad she's dead but I'm not particularly sad either, and I'm definitely glad we haven't got to hear much more shit from "Jade Goody's publicist Max Clifford". Not everybody in the country is on the edge of their seat wondering what some annoying bint is doing for their children. For the most part I managed to avoid her and those stupid OK!/Heat magazine adverts were the only time I heard her mentioned, but the incessant whoring of her condition pissed me off. It's been said loads already in this thread but she was a normal person and normal people die every day. Somebody dying so young is tragic, but it's not as if she ever did anything to warrant this depiction of her as some kind of saint.

Edited by Pesci

I'm not glad she's dead, because I don't think I can muster up that sort of dislike for a person. However, I also don't particularly care, and I certainly don't care any more than I would if any other regular person died. Two kids are left without their mother and are now being raised by her mum, this Jack Tweed character and the other chap, so it all kinda sucks for them.

The thing that bothered me about the whole situation was the involvement of a guy like Max Clifford (who I consider to be the ultimate leech) and the trash media like The Sun, OK Magazine and whatever else. I don't read any of those papers or magazines, but when you're in the newsagents you can't help but notice some of the absurd coverage that's been given to it. She's hardly Princess Di for a new generation. It REALLY annoyed me how she got all this coverage on this basis of being "famous", when multiple members of the public who have done just as much to earn the appreciation Jade has been given can die alone of cancer and nobody ever hears about it.

Hell, look at a guy like Bobby Robson, a legit legend, and he's not exactly getting daily multi-page spreads. I know why some of these media outlets do it - people are gonna buy it for whatever reason - but it sure sours me on the situation.

Overreaction much?

You annoy me and you're a complete nuisance on EWB.

I wish you were dead. I hope you die horribly like the disgusting person you are.

See, it's stupid.

It's the people who are/will turn up at her house to leave flowers etc.

Do you have nothing better to do? Like a job?

I hate the whole 'but people die from cancer EVERY DAY' reactions. Yeah, they do, and that is sad, but this doesn't make this any less sad. I'm not shedding tears, and yes, she wasn't the best person in the world ever, but no-one deserves to die at 27 and no child deserves to be brought up without their mum.

But apparently, all that is OK because she was a dopey cunt....

And as for media/public over-reactions, thats the state of things these days. Reality TV show 'stars' become 'celebrities' and people pander to the will of Heat/OK/Hello.....but that isn't exactly Jade Goody's fault. It's a sad state of affairs though.

And as for her already having enough money, and various complaints made about the economy, hadn't she gone bankrupt a couple of years ago, or was close to it, and how does a magazine paying her a lot of money affect the economy in the slightest? People buy the magazines, the magazines spend money on more features, the people buy magazines. It works in cycle, and doesn't really affect anything else.

Wow, what a can of worms I was opening with this topic.

I tried to keep it fairly PC in my opening post but I see that went downhill fast. I think regia hit on the point I was trying to make that people seem to have easily forgotten all the stuff she's done before and how we'd all be happy if she just fucked off and suddenly there's this outpouring of grief and sympathy. Obviously I'm not saying she deserved to get cancer but when the papers today are using phrases such as "national treasure" when she clearly isn't, it's almost asking for some sort of backlash. I mean, it's like suddenly there's some sort of retconning of her past where everything that everyone hated her for never happened. But it did. And for 5 years we had to live with her being a stain on society.

And I'm hoping Bluey's "working at Woolworths" comment wasn't aimed at me since I actually did work at Woolies and even so I don't think anyone should be criticised for working hard for their money as opposed to selling out their dignity and privacy. Sure it helps set her kids up, but what are her husband and their father doing? I'm sure when they grow up they'd rather their final days with their dying mother and the pain and suffering of her and the whole family were kept private and they could give the money back.