NFL Predictions

cthemason

Umm...yeah, you apparently think all wide out should be going for the long ball. Keyshawn is a possession reciever, he goes across the middle and makes tough catches and gets first downs. When he's used like that, he's great. Michael Clayton is NOT better than Keyshawn, thats just asinine, maybe someday he will be but he certainly isn't without playing a down.

5-11 for the Cowboys Numbahs? 5 AND FUCKING 11?! How does a team with the number one defense from last year still largely intact, and with improvements at runningback and wide reciever, plus added depth at running back and wide reciever, end up back at 5 and 11?

Syco:

Donnie Edwards

Zeke Moreneo

Quientin Jammer

Sammy Davis

Antonio Gates

Kevin Dyson

Lorenzo Neal

Tim Dwight

Kevin Garmon

Jason Ball

Kwame Lassiter

Of course none of those players make the Chargers capable of winning anything.

Anyone want to get a pool going on how long it takes Dyson to get injured?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...yeah, you apparently think all wide out should be going for the long ball.

Umm.. No. I think Michael Clayton is perfect for the Bucks because Hes perfect for the Type of Passing game the Bucks play.. Which is short one.. But If they wanna go long then Clayton can do that.. He proved that many of times at LSU.

Keyshawn is a possession reciever, he goes across the middle and makes tough catches and gets first downs. When he's used like that, he's great.

Never said he wasn't. But I did say that his attitude off the field overshadows his play.. Which I believe Whole Heardedly is true

Michael Clayton is NOT better than Keyshawn, thats just asinine, maybe someday he will be but he certainly isn't without playing a down.

Alright.. Ill retract my statement.. Michael Clayton has the potential to be a better reciever then Keyshawn and has the potential to be more useful to the Bucks. But he still has 100 more times the class Keyshawn ever had..

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. Washington Redskins

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. NY Giants

NFC North

1. Chicago Bears

2. Detroit Lions (Wild Card)

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Minnesota Vikings

NFC South

1. Carolina Panthers

2. Atlanta Falcons (Wild Card)

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West

1. Arizone Cardinals

2. Seattle Seahawks

3. San Francisco 49ers

4. St.Louis Rams

AFC East

1. New England Patriots

2. Miami Dolphins (Wild Card)

3. Buffalo Bills

4. NY Jets

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. Cincinnati Bengals

3. Cleveland Browns

4. Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (Wild Card)

3. Houston Texans

4. Tennessee Titans

AFC West

1. Oakland Raiders

2. Kansas City Chiefs

3. San Diego Chargers

4. Denver Broncos

Wildcard

AFC : Jaguars @ Ravens

Dolphines @ Oakland

NFC : Lions @ Cardinals

Falcons @ Panthers

Divisional

AFC: Jaguars @ Patriots

Oakland @ Colts

NFC: Lions @ Eagles

Panthers @ Bears

Conference Finals

AFC: Jaguars @ Colts

NFC: Bears @ Eagles

Superbowl: Jaguars 28 Bears 14

Edited by paulbd

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. Washington Redskins

4. New York Giants

With the additions of both Kearse and Owens for the Eagle, as well as Dawkins anchoring down a young secondary, that has loads of potentials, I see them going pretty far. The Cowboys, as much as I hate them, have a pretty good team with a great coach, the only thing I have to question is why Eddie George and Julius Jones are their running backs, when they could've gotten a better player. (I don't personally see all that much in George, he's tough, but he's not THAT great.) The Redskins are gonna be pretty close to the pack, but I don't see them going to the playoffs, mainly because of a new coach, and I don't care who the coach is, there's still adjustments that need to be made. The Giants'll suck mainly because they'll choose to start Kurt Warner, who's one of the most overrated QB's ever. (It's easy to lob the ball to Holt and Bruce, when you have on the best O-Line's in the league)

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Detroit Lions

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Chicago Bears

The NFC North is gonna be close this year. The Lions have improved VASTLY with the addtions of Woody on the line, and Williams, Jones and Lehman in the draft. With Harrington with an actual line, people to throw to, and what looks to be a solid running game, they'll improve this year, besides they have a guru of a coach. The Packers, although their defense is a weak spot, is slighty better than last year, because Barnett's not a rookie anymore, but their defense will still be suspect. The Vikings still have a bit to go, because of the strong looking division they're in. Chicago Bears, well they'll suck because the only thing they have for them is Urlacher, who's hurt.

NFC South

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Carolina Panthers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Tampa Bay Buc's

I see the Falcons and Panthers running away with this division, though it'll be close the whole way. Even though Syco said that the Falcons are a bad team, they really aren't. If their offense gets on track, and they will (the West Coast Offense is like Vick's dream) they will improve a lot. Not to mention the hiring of Mora Jr., who's proved he can mold a solid defense out of a young core of guys, he'll do it again in Atlanta. The Panthers will get the 2nd Wild Card in the NFC, but it'll be close. The Saints and Buc's, I see, struggling this year, mainly because they really don't have anything special, solid teams, but they can't match up with either the Falcons and Panthers.

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks

2. St. Louis Rams

3. San Francisco 49ers

4. Arizona Cardinals

This division will probably be the weakest. The Seahawks are an improved team with the ok to solid draft that they had, but the loss of Springs hurts them a bit, they have Lucas and Trufant to take over, and they're young and have potential. They'll be crowned kings of the NFC West, when it's all said and done. Though I applaud Martz for making the decision to go with Bulger, as he's the better QB, I still don't think that's enough for them to get where the Seahawks are going. Faulk, it looks, is on his last leg and will have a difficult time doing anything of Faulk-ish potential, though Jackson might do well if Faulk can't carry the load. As a huge 49ers fan, I would love to see them atop the division, but I know that won't happen. Two people are the reason for why they won't be a true 49ers team. Those two people: Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue. Donahue is one of the worst gm's in the NFL, because first, he fires a winning coach in Mooch, who molded this very young team into a slight contender, second, he lets our team go really with the losses of Stone, Streets, Owens, Hearst, Garcia on the offense. He destroyed one of the best offenses in the league because he's an idiot that hired and idiot coach. God, I wanna shoot that man. The Cardinals, though they have improved, they picked the wrong guy for them. Fitzgerald is an awesome reciever and will help them a bit, but they didn't need him. They'll still do ok for a young team, but next year, they'll be a lot better once they've adjusted to Green and his way of things.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots

2. New York Jets

3. Buffalo Bills

4. Miami Dolphins

Why wouldn't I pick the Patriots? Super Bowl champs, and in what's a competitive division, it's still slightly lackluster with the Dolphins being the weak one of the division, I think. Though their defense is great, the Dolphins won't be able to capitalize on anything. The Bills and Jets are just there.

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. Cincinnati Bengals

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cleveland Browns

With one of the strongest divisions in the NFL, I see the Ravens coming out top. Boller has a year under his belt now and has a little more to throw to (Kevin Johnson). Their defense is still one of the best in the league and it will be proven when Ray Lewis knocks the shit out of Owens for not wanting to be a Raven. The Bengals will have slight growing pains with Palmer, but nothing too trastic, as he's learned the system beforehand and will find that throwing to Chad Johnson does help your chances. The Steelers will be an okay team, but nothing too great, same goes for the Browns.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Houston Texans

4. Tennesee Titans

My pick for the annual suprise team is the Jaguars. They have Leftwich under the helm and word has it, that he's only improved himself since last year. And with the growing pains seemingly gone, you can look for him to be one of the best young QB's in the league. The Colts are gonna be the Colts when they have scores that are simliar to those of a basketball game. Their defense is improving, but it still needs MORE improving. The Texans are gonna do okay, but nothing too surprising, as they have a good, young team. The Titans, I see falling to last place because they seem to be nothing of what their Super Bowl team a few years ago was like. McNair's tough as hell, but he's not Brett Favre and can't carry a whole team on his back.

AFC West

1. Kansas City Chiefs

2. Denver Broncos

3. Oakland Raiders

4. San Diego Chargers

It's gonna be close between the Chiefs and Broncos, but that's about it. This division won't be as strong as it usually is and it will show. I see the Cheifs JUST beating out the Broncos. Those two can really flip flop the position in my mind.

AFC Championship

Baltimore Ravens defeat New England Patriots

NFC Championship

Philadelphia Eagles defeat Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl

Baltimore Ravens defeat Philadelphia Eagles

I just find it funny when people put the Bears anything but last in their division. Who do they have? An unproven Rex Grossman at QB. An unproven Thomas Jones at RB. One veteran WR in Marty Booker while Justin Gage, David Terrell, and even Bobby Wade are yet to make an impact. Plus now Urlacher is hurt. They improved from last year but they still have a long way to go before even challenging the Pack and the Vikes. And the Lions are looking to get good. I think they had one of the most productive off seasons of any team but they still need a year or so to become legitimate playoff contenders.

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles *

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. Washington Redskins

4. NY Giants

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers *

2. Minnesota Vikings *

3. Detroit Lions

4. Chicago Bears

NFC South

1. Carolina Panthers *

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Atlanta Falcons

NFC West

1. St. Louis Rams *

2. Seattle Seahawks *

3. Arizona Cardinals

4. San Francisco 49ers

AFC East

1. New England Patriots *

2. NY Jets

3. Buffalo Bills

4. Miami Dolphins

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens *

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. Cincinnati Bengals

4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts *

2. Jacksonville Jaguars *

3. Tennesee Titans

4. Houston Texans

AFC West

1. Denver Broncos *

2. Oakland Raiders *

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. San Diego Chargers

And yes I'm a huge Packer fan because I live an hour away from Green Bay but thats not the reason I have them ranked first in their division. I think they have an excellent team this year as long as we get McKenzie back or Ahmad Carroll steps up.

Edited by Carnage

I just find it funny when people put the Bears anything but last in their division. Who do they have? An unproven Rex Grossman at QB. An unproven Thomas Jones at RB. One veteran WR in Marty Booker while Justin Gage, David Terrell, and even Bobby Wade are yet to make an impact. Plus now Urlacher is hurt. They improved from last year but they still have a long way to go before even challenging the Pack and the Vikes. And the Lions are looking to get good. I think they had one of the most productive off seasons of any team but they still need a year or so to become legitimate playoff contenders.

Well if you see it like me the Packers and Vikings havent really improved. They have stayed the same or gotten worse. I think both teams have gotten worse and have dropped to the Bears level. Any team in that division can win it. And most people picked the Bears.

But most likely theyll turn out like some other Chicago team picked to win it all.

Edited by paulbd

Well if you see it like me the Packers and Vikings havent really improved. They have stayed the same or gotten worse. I think both teams have gotten worse and have dropped to the Bears level. Any team in that division can win it. And most people picked the Bears.

But most likely theyll turn out like some other Chicago team picked to win it all.

Vikings didn't improve? Antwoine Winfield and Kenichi Udeze to an improving defense, Marcus Robinson to the #1 offense, Micheal Bennet healthy for the start of the season.

If Chcago goes first and Vikings go last like you predicted, I'll fly to your house and let you kick me repeatedly in the sack.

Its BUCS no K!

If the bucs wanted to play short, they'd have improved their TEs and not traded Keyshawn for Galloway, who Gruden has said is perfect for his new LONG passing game.

Vikings didn't improve? Antwoine Winfield and Kenichi Udeze to an improving defense, Marcus Robinson to the #1 offense, Micheal Bennet healthy for the start of the season.

If Chcago goes first and Vikings go last like you predicted, I'll fly to your house and let you kick me repeatedly in the sack.

Not only have the Vikings improved but the Packers have too. The Packers have installed a new defense to patch up the holes from last year. The Packers have an outstanding offense that pretty much lead them to the game against the Eagles in the Playoffs. So after the firing of Donatell (D-coordinator), and the installation of the new D, the Packers have a good chance to make it even farther than last year. Plus we have a wiser, more mature Nick Barnett and rookie corner Ahmad Carroll. :thumbsup:

It's Vick's dream, because he has an offense that will allow him to run and throw, something he's good at. Whether you think the guy has accuracy or not, he has more than you think. Vick will help that team a lot, if last year is any proof of that. Vick may not be as accurate as Montana or Young, but then again, neither are a lot of QB's on teams that use the West Coast Offense. Just becuase Vick isn't as accurate as Young or Montana, doesn't mean they won't succeed. The key to their season is going to be the defense and they have one of the best people to help that defense in Mora Jr.. It's all about personal opinion, I 'spose, but Vick isn't THAT bad in the accuracy department.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Houston Texans

4. Tennesee Titans

My pick for the annual suprise team is the Jaguars. They have Leftwich under the helm and word has it, that he's only improved himself since last year. And with the growing pains seemingly gone, you can look for him to be one of the best young QB's in the league. The Colts are gonna be the Colts when they have scores that are simliar to those of a basketball game. Their defense is improving, but it still needs MORE improving. The Texans are gonna do okay, but nothing too surprising, as they have a good, young team. The Titans, I see falling to last place because they seem to be nothing of what their Super Bowl team a few years ago was like. McNair's tough as hell, but he's not Brett Favre and can't carry a whole team on his back.

McNair, aside from Mason, had NO recievers to throw to. Where were you last year and the year before that? McNair's been carrying the team on his back those consecutive years. The Titans have made the Playoffs 4 out of the last 5 times. McNair is the playmaker on the team, and I see no problem as to how Tennessee can't get in second place, let alone get passed the Colts.

As the only Giants fan on the board who thinks they can do something this year, here are my picks...

NFC East

-----------

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. New York Giants (WC)

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Washington Redskins

NFC South

------------

1. Carolina Panthers

2. Atlanta Falcons (WC)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4. New Orleans Saints

NFC Central

--------------

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Chicago Bears

3. Detroit Lions

4. Minnesota Vikings

NFC West

------------

1. Seattle Seahawks

2. St. Louis Rams

3. San Francisco 49ers

4. Arizona Cardinals

AFC East

-----------

1. New England Patriots

2. Buffalo Bills (WC)

3. New York Jets

4. Miami Dolphins

AFC South

------------

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. Tennessee Titans

3. Houston Texans

4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC North

------------

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. Cincinatti Bengals (WC)

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cleveland Browns

AFC West

------------

1. Kansas City Chiefs

2. Oakland Raiders

3. San Diego Chargers

4. Denver Broncos

AFC Title Game: New England Patriots 30, Kansas City Chiefs 17

NFC Title Game: Atlanta Falcons 27, Philadelphia Eagles 21

Super Bowl: Patriots 34, Falcons 10

Edited by Magus978

It's Vick's dream, because he has an offense that will allow him to run and throw, something he's good at. Whether you think the guy has accuracy or not, he has more than you think. Vick will help that team a lot, if last year is any proof of that. Vick may not be as accurate as Montana or Young, but then again, neither are a lot of QB's on teams that use the West Coast Offense. Just becuase Vick isn't as accurate as Young or Montana, doesn't mean they won't succeed. The key to their season is going to be the defense and they have one of the best people to help that defense in Mora Jr.. It's all about personal opinion, I 'spose, but Vick isn't THAT bad in the accuracy department.

Any offense Vick is the QB of is going to let him run and throw.

He may have accuracy but with the WCO, nobody's going to go deep and run the coverage off so he can run for the big gain.

And if nobody goes deep he's wasting his powerful arm, plus what possession receivers does he have? Jenkins and Price are speed receivers (ask somebody in Buffalo how good Price was as a speed receiver), they aren't built for the short passing game.

They'll be better than last year, but still not good enough to pass Carolina for the division title (and maybe not even good enough to pass NO for the wild card)

Ok seriously...the Giants second?

Kurt Warner is their Quarterback. Last time Warner played in New York he had like 7 tds, he's overrated and he'll suck behind their weak offensive line.

The Giants will get better, but not this year

Pulp's Predictions.

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens(9-7)

2. Cleveland Browns(9-7)

3. Cincinatti Bengals(6-10)

4. Pittsburgh Steelers(6-10)

Ravens - Great D, Jamal Lewis on offense should be enough to win the AFC North.(Me as a Browns fan, hopes the Madden Curse effects Ray Lewis, and that Jamal Lewis dosen't play this year.)

Browns - The Browns have upgraded their team significantly this year. Jeff Garcia is the best quarterback to play for the Browns since 99, Kellen Winslow is my guess for rookie of the year, and they are finally gonna run a fullback this year in Terrelle Smith. The O-Line left alittle bit to be desired, but should be sufficient if there are few injuries.

Cincinatti Bengals - Carson Palmer was given the starting job, this is a step back rather than forward IMO. He is basically a rookie QB, and there will be growing pains. I also feel they had a bad draft, (Chris Perry in the 1st round).

Pittsburgh Steelers - Didn't do a whole lot, and won't improve. Deuce Staley will share carries with Bettis, as will any back to come to Pittsburgh while Bettis in on the roster.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots(12-4)

2. Buffalo Bills(10-6)(Wildcard)

3. New York Jets(8-8)

4. Miami Dolphins(7-9)

Patriots - No reason why they shouldn't win the divison, basically the same team as last year, with Roosevelt Colvin and Richard Seymour returning, and Corey Dillion on offense, who still can get 1300 yards.

Bills - Their Defense is great, it was the offense that underachieved. They added Lee Evans at WR, who is much like Peerless Price to Eric Moulds, and the Bills offensive flourished with the 2 recievers.

Jets - A Middle of the road team if there ever was one. Give Pennington a few more full years, and the Jets could be a darn good team.

Dolphins - Lets here it for the biggest underachievers in the NFL. My pick to win the AFC last year, did what they did best in disapointing. Their defense is stacked, and they had one of the best running backs in the league. They morph into a passing team this year with unproven AJ Feeley as the QB.

AFC West

1. Denver Broncos(12-4)

2. Kansas City Chiefs(11-5)(Wildcard)

3. Oakland Raiders(6-10)

4. San Diego Chargers(4-12)

Broncos - Added Champ Bailey and John Lynch to an already good defense. Lost Clinton Portis, but chances are another 1,000 yard back could emerge this year(Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffen).

Chiefs - Didn't do a whole lot to the defense, but the offense will be one of the best in the league this year.

Raiders - The NFL Retirement Home adds Warren Sapp and Kerry Collins this year. This team is a long shot for the playoffs.

Chargers - LT is officially the only football player on the San Diego Chargers. Phillip Rivers was a mid 1st rounder at best, and all rookie QBs have growing pains.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts(12-4)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars(9-7)

3. Tennesse Titans(7-9)

4. Houston Texans(6-10)

Colts - Peyton Manning leads the Colts to another good season, which he will probably do for the next decade or so.

Jaguars - The team of the future. Leftwhich will be one of the top QBs in a few years.

Titans - I think this might finally be the year where the Titans don't do so well. Been a good team for years, but lost Eddie George, and I think McNair is on the down, and has proven to be injury prone(but he still plays.)

Texans - Decent team that plays in a tough divison. David Carr hasn't shown a whole lot.

NFC North

1. Minnesota Vikings(12-4)

2. Green Bay Packers(10-6)(Wildcard)

3. Chicago Bears(6-10)

4. Detroit Lions(6-10)

Vikings - They will finally learn how to finish the season winning. With Randy Moss on the team, they always have a shot at the Super Bowl.

Packers - Ahman Green has emerged, and Brett Favre led the league in TD passes last year. As long as #4 plays, the Packers are a playoff team.

Bears - A team on the rise. Lovie Smith has a lot of young talent to work with.

Lions - Another team on the rise. Has laid the groundwork for one of the best Offenses in the league, lets see in Mariucci can have it develop.

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys(12-4)

2. Philadelphia Eagles(9-7)

3. Washington Redskins(8-8)

4. New York Giants(6-10)

Cowboys - Parcells proved he dosen't need a lot to win, and has added some more to a team that went 10-6 last year. Vinny is a better QB than Quincy Carter(and Parcells made Carter look decent), Eddie George is better than Troy Hambrick, and Keyshawn is still a good Possession Reciever. They also add a very good pass rusher in Marcellous Wiley.

Eagles - Everyone seems to forget that the Eagles lost their 2 all-pro corners, and that Jevon Kearse is "freakishly" injury prone. TO isn't getting any younger, but should have a very good year. And Donovan McNabb is incredibally overrated.

Redskins - Added a hell of a lot to their team. But Joe Gibbs has been away from the game for a while. Remember that Clinton Portis played in Denver, the same team that made 6th round pick Terrell Davis rush for 2,000 yards. Portis should see a dropoff in yards(1200-1300).

Giants - Kurt Warner is about done, and Eli Manning is a rookie. Shockey is overrated.

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks(12-4)

2. St. Louis Rams(10-6)(Wildcard)

3. Arizona Cardinals(6-10)

4. San Franciso 49ers(2-14)

Seahawks - Hasselbeck is a fantastic QB with a fantastic Offense. The Defense is good enough. Hasselbeck reminds me a lot of Brett Favre, and Favre isn't too bad.

Rams - Bulger is a good QB, with a great offense. Faulk is gaining in age, but is still productive. Holt and Bruce is the best WR Duo in the league.

Cardinals - Dennis Green wants the Cardinals to become the old Minesota Vikings. Adding Fitzgerald(Moss) to Anquan Boldin(Carter). However he is left with unproven QB Josh McCown. I think they shoulda drated Rothlisberger, but that's just me.

49ers - The Niners haven't been bad in a LONG time. It's finally time for a rebuilding time in San Fran.

NFC South

1. Atlanta Falcons(11-5)

2. Carolina Panthers(9-7)

3. New Orleans Saints(9-7)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(6-10)

Falcons - Vick is back, and the Falcons are happy. If Vick plays like Vick he can run the Falcons into the playoffs.

Panthers - The O-Line is gone. The Power running offense with Steven Davis takes a big blow. Much like the Patriots did after winning the Super Bowl in 2002, the Panthers will have an average year.

Saints - Talented team, with a crappy coach. The sooner they get Haslett out the better.

Buccaneers - Lost Warren Sapp and John Lynch, two of the best players on the defense. This team dosen't resemble the team that won the Super Bowl in '03.

AFC Wild Cards

Colts d. Bills

Chiefs d. Ravens

AFC Divisionals

Colts d. Patriots

Broncos d. Chiefs

AFC Championship

Broncos d. Colts

NFC Wild Cards

Packers d. Vikings

Falcons d. Rams

NFC Divisionals

Cowboys d. Packers

Seahawks d. Falcons

NFC Championship

Cowboys d. Seahawks

SUPERBOWL

Cowboys 24, Broncos 14.

Parcells leds the Boys back to the Bowl and wins.

Edited by Pulp

Here are my picks for the awards;

MVP - Peyton Manning

Offensive Player of the Year - LaDanian Tomlinson

Defensvie Player of the Year - Champ Bailey

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Kellen Winslow II

Defensive Rookie of the Year - Kenechi Udeze

Dolphins WR Boston goes down with knee injury

Aug. 6, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports   

HOUSTON -- Miami Dolphins wide receiver David Boston will miss the season after injuring a tendon in his left knee during practice on Friday, coach Dave Wannstedt said.

Wannstedt said the initial diagnosis was a strained patellar tendon, but an exam late Friday in Houston revealed a more severe injury.

Boston, who is from the Houston area, was running a pass route when his left knee appeared to buckle during a workout against the Houston Texans.

"It is anticipated that the injury will require surgery that will sideline him for the season," Wannstedt said in a statement late Friday. "Further details of his condition will be available following the conclusion of the surgery."

Boston's injury is the latest major blow to a franchise already without running back Ricky Williams, who retired just before training camp.

The bulk of offensive production will undoubtedly fall on receiver Chris Chambers, who was signed to a five-year, $30 million contract extension on Thursday.

The Miami Dolphins are dealt another blow when David Boston goes down with a knee injury.(AP) 

"We have confidence that other members of our receiving corps will step up and meet this challenge," Wannstedt said.

The injury came just hours after Wannstedt applauded Boston's work in the morning session, saying the 6-foot-2, 228-pound receiver is in the best shape of his career.

The Dolphins took a low-risk gamble by trading for Boston in March, hoping to bolster a receiving corps that needs someone to complement Chambers.

Miami reunited Boston with Jerry Sullivan, his position coach when he caught 98 passes for 1,598 yards and made the Pro Bowl with Arizona in 2001.

The six-year veteran out of Ohio State played his first four seasons in Arizona and posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2000 and '01, when he reached his only Pro Bowl after catching 98 balls for 1,598 yards and eight touchdowns.

The teams are scheduled to practice Saturday morning before playing a controlled scrimmage in the afternoon at Reliant Stadium.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

I'd hate to be a Dolphins fan :thumbsup: