NFL Predictions

cthemason

Can someone explain to me how the Lions have the slightest chance of doing better than the Vikings? I mean, the Lions are building a good young team but I'd be shocked if they won over 7 games this season.

They remind me, and probably many others, of the Ravens at the end of 1999. They got really hot and were getting their act together as a team. They carried that momentum all the way through 2000 and the Ravens won the Super Bowl. They also remind me of the Eagles back in 1999, right before they also got good. They beat the Rams to end the season and all.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoff Teams in Italics

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys

Washington Redskins

Philidephia Eagles

New York Eli... I mean Giants

Dallas is up and coming, and if they could find a REAL QB, they'd be head and shoulders above the rest of the division. I look to see Philly fall, after their run at the NFC Title game, because quite frankly, their defense didn't improve, and McNabb STILL is inaccurate, though a great leader. Washington will improve under Gibbs, though Portis isn't the right back for his offense, and the Giants will just suck.

NFC South

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

Atlanta Falcons

Tampa Bay Bucs

New Orleans is my darkhorse SuperBowl pick. Don't ask me why, but they can score on anyone, and with just a little defense they can win the division. Their like the NFC's version of the Colts, without the winning. As reigning NFC Champions, you just can't dismiss the Panthers, since it was their front four and running game that carried them, and thats still there. As for Hotlanta, Vick hasn't really shown me he can carry a bad team in a good division. I look for them to go 7-9, with Vick missing 4-6 games. Tampa Bay will fight, but they ripped out their heart (Lynch, Sapp) last season.

NFC Norris (North)

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears

I think the top three teams in this division will be closer then many think, as QBs usually come around by their 3rd year, and with the added youth and skill to Detroit, they'll contend into December. Minnesota will get its annual 'Brett Can't Play in Domes' game, which will help them, and their offense, as long as Moss is healthy is as potent as anyone else. The Packers are the Packers, and Favre is the biggest throwback in the league, like the old AFL QBs. They'll come out on top thanks to him and Ahman Green. Chicago is improved, but not enough, and I don't like their recieving corps.

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle improved their offensive line, and have a young, brash QB, thats a good thing. Their WRs are good, but not as great as some would like you to believe. Shaun Alexander shows up about 3-4 times a year, but is just there the rest of the season. Their just a better team then the rest of the divison, though the Rams are close. Losing Lovie Smith will hurt them, and Marshall Faulk has been hurt a lot lately. Stephen Jackson will be a great back, but dosen't fit their system as a back up. Arizona will be MUCH improved under Denny Green, Marcel Shipp will be the starting running back by Week 4, mark my words. San Fran has a good young defense going for them, but outside of Reggie Barlow, who's good, not great, their offense may be the worst in the league.

AFC East

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

The Fins got killed with the retirement of Ricky. Not that they could contend anyway, but they might have got the wild card. Buffalo is decent, but Drew isn't carrying that team to the playoffs. New York has Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington, and a decent, but young defense. They'll contend for the wild card. New England is head and shoulders above this division, and probably the whole NFL, still.

AFC North

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

If you want offense... then why the hell are you looking at the AFC North? This is all defense baby! Cincy is the best of a bad division, besides the Ravens defense, nothing stands out. Chad Johnson is the best player in the division, including Ray Ray. Look at the stats, his affect on that Baltimore defense is negligible. Besides he got run over by Eddie George last year.. EDDIE GEORGE PEOPLE... Pittsburgh sucks, besides Hines Ward, and Cleveland can't stop the run, which STILL makes them better then Pittsburgh, who CAN'T run.

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Houston Texans

Seeing the Texans name at the bottom of the division is bad, but not all bad. Their a good young team, but this is a rock solid division. The Jags are a 'sleeper' pick, but everyone's picking them, so something must be there. Indy is the class of the division, but objects in their rearview mirror may be closer then they appear. Tennessee will contend, and almost win the wild card, but get edged out on the last week of the season.

AFC West

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs

Denver Broncos

San Diego SUPER Chargers

San Diego sucks, besides Tomlinson, who deserves better. I'll be pissed if they move to Los Angeles and I can't watch Raider games anymore. Besides the SUCKER Chargers, the rest of the division can fall either way. Homer pick is Oakland, but with a GOOD young offensive line, and two pro bowl caliber QBs, if they can get Woodson in camp, they'll win the division. KC STILL can't play defense, and Priest is getting up there, and I'm still worried about his hip. Denver will churn out another 1200 yard rusher, but Jake Plummer is still Jake Plummer, and will throw 16-20 ints this year to kill them.

Playoffs

Home in italics, Winners in bold

NFC

Dallas Cowboys

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

St. Louis Rams

Green Bay Packers

Dallas Cowboys

Seattle Seahawks

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints

Dallas Cowboys

AFC

Oakland Raiders

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

Cincinatti Bengals

Indianapolis Colts

Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Oakland Raiders

SuperBowl

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

While the Saints pick is an interesting one I just can't see it happening. I was reading a column from a guy who went to the ESPYs and he called the behavior of the 5 Saints players there "The Most Enlightening Moment of The Night". I guess they were basically acting like children/being immature etc. and those aren't the kind of people you want running your team. The Saints will show flashes of brillance and I love Deuce McAllister at running back, but I think they will have another dissapointing year.

Can someone explain to me how the Lions have the slightest chance of doing better than the Vikings? I mean, the Lions are building a good young team but I'd be shocked if they won over 7 games this season.

It's really only speculation, and it's dependent on a few things. If Joey can turn the corner this season, I can see us easily going 8-8. Last year our defense kept us in games, but the offense didn't produce. The defense was ranked low stastisticly last year, but sometimes stats don't tell the tale of the tape. With drastic improvements at al RB, WR, and the O-Line, it's easy to say this team is on the verge of something good.

Minnesota has a tendency to collapse as the season wears on. This team hasn't really made any huge improvements, but who knows? It seems I say this every year about the Vikings, and they end up surprising me.

Edited by VerbalPuke

If Moss and Culpepper get their act together, they have potential to be one of the most lethal QB/WR combos in the NFL. Plus, with the addition of Marcus Robinson at the opposite WR position, Randy will see less coverage, making him twice as dangerous.

As for the defensive area, I think the Minnesota D will be quite suprising this season. I think the addition of CB Antoine Winfield will benefit them greatly.

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Philadelphia Eagles (Wild Card)

3. Washington Redskins (Wild Card)

4. NY Giants

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Chicago Bears

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Detroit Lions

NFC South

1. Carolina Panthers

2. Atlanta Falcons

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West

1. St. Louis Rams

2. Seattle Seahawks

3 Arizona Cardinals

4. San Francisco 49ers

AFC East

1. New England Patriots

2. NY Jets (Wild Card)

3. Buffalo Bills

4. Miami Dolphins

AFC North

1. Cincinnati Bengals

2. Baltimore Ravens

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

2. Houston Texans (Wild Card)

3. Indianapolis Colts

4. Tennessee Titans

AFC West

1. Kansas City Chiefs

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Denver Broncos

4. Oakland Raiders

Conference Finals

AFC: Cheifs @ Patriots

NFC: Cowboys @ Rams

Superbowl: Cowboys def. Cheifs

Edited by maddog

Please explain how Tampa Bay will be better than, not only Atlanta, but also Carolina, after losing Sapp, Lynch and Keyshawn, and gaining Joey Galloway

It's the NFL. Did you predict Carolina to make the Super Bowl when last season started or New England to win it after their big loss to Buffalo in week 1. Anything can happen in the NFL on any given sunday. My big prediction this year is that San Diego will go all the way to the AFC final.

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. Washington Redskins

4. New York Giants

NFC North

1. Minnesota Vikings

2. Chicago Bears(Wild Card)

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Detroit Lions

NFC South

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2. Carolina Panthers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Atlanta Falcons

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks

2. St. Louis Rams(Wild Card)

3. Arizona Cardinals

4. San Francisco 49ers

NFC Playoffs(Philadelphia and Seattle Get First Round Byes)

Wild Card Round

Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings

St. Louis Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Divisional Round

Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams at Philadelphia Eagles

Conference Championship

Minnesota Vikings at Philadelpha Eagles

NFC Super Bowl Represenative

Philadelphia Eagles

AFC East

1. New England Patriots

2. Buffalo Bills

3. New York Jets

4. Miami Dolphins

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. Cincinnati Bengals

4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts

2. Jacksonville Jaguars(Wild Card)

3. Tennessee Titans(Wild Card)

4. Houston Texans

AFC West

1. Denver Broncos

2. Kansas City Chiefs

3. Oakland Raiders

4. San Diego Chargers

Wild Card Round(New England and Indianapolis Get Byes)

Tennessee Titans at Denver Broncos

Jacksonville Jaguars at Baltimore Ravens

Divisional Round

Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots

Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis

Conference Championship

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots

AFC Super Bowl Represenative

New England Patriots

Super Bowl XXIX

New England Patriots 24 Philadelphia Eagles 14

Syco, Vick carried a bad team to the division championship in his first year starting, and the team has only gotten better since.

Saints still lack the D to get it done, especially in their secondary IMO

The team they have now has a worse defense, IMO, then the one they had then. The only real upgrade is Peerless Price. Don't forget the fact that Chris 'Glass' Chandler took the Falcons to a 7-9 record the year before Vick started, and Vick went 9-7. Not that great of an improvement, though the win in Green Bay was nice. Vick still has to work on being a quarterback first and a running back second, as well as his accuracy. Add in the fact that he's switching offenses, to a West Coast offense, which is all timing and route based, and I think the Falcons will have a down year before they have an up year.

Also, anyone who thinks the Chargers are going to do anything this year is idiotic. Name 5 San Diego players not named Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, or LaDanian Tomlinson. I can, bet you can't.

Minnesota has a tendency to collapse as the season wears on. This team hasn't really made any huge improvements, but who knows? It seems I say this every year about the Vikings, and they end up surprising me.

True, but I'm pretty confident about the Vikings this season. When they add Winfield as a shutdown corner to a secondary that caused a shitload of turnovers last season I think they'll have one of the best secondaries in the league and the line should be pretty nice with Udeze, Williams, Hovan and Mixon. The linebackers are a bit sketchy, I have a feeling EJ Henderson might not be playing some of the season due to trouble with the law plus the other starter aside from Claiborne is a rookie. And the offense doesn't need to be discussed. Everyone is back from last year (#1 offense in the league) along with Marcus Robinson. I'm pretty sure Culpepper might get the MVP with all the weapons around him.

Alright, my predictions...can't wait for someone to debate my shit. :rolleyes:

NFC East

*1. Eagles (11-5)

2. Giants (9-7)

3. Redskins (8-8)

4. Cowboys (5-11)

NFC North

*1. Packers (13-3)

*2. Vikings (12-4)

3. Lions (4-12)

4. Bears (2-14)

NFC South

*1. Saints (11-5)

*2. Falcons (10-6)

3. Panthers (7-9)

4. Buccaneers (6-10)

NFC West

*1. Seahawks (12-4)

2. Rams (9-7)

3. Cardinals (5-11)

4. 49ers (3-13)

AFC East

*1. Patriots (12-4)

*2. Jets (10-6)

3. Bills (8-8)

4. Dolphins (6-10)

AFC North

*1. Ravens (10-6)

2. Steelers (6-10)

3. Bengals (6-10)

4. Browns (4-12)

AFC South

*1. Colts (12-4)

*2. Titans (11-5)

3. Jaguars (9-7)

4. Texans (7-9)

AFC West

*1. Broncos (11-5)

2. Chiefs (8-8)

3. Chargers (4-12)

4. Raiders (4-12)

1st Round

Falcons over Eagles

Saints over Vikings

Titans over Ravens

Jets over Broncos

2nd Round

Packers over Falcons

Seahawks over Saints

Colts over Jets

Patriots over Titans

Conference Championship Round

Packers over Seahawks

Colts over Patriots

SUPER BOWL

Colts 27

Packers 20

Also, anyone who thinks the Chargers are going to do anything this year is idiotic. Name 5 San Diego players not named Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, or LaDanian Tomlinson. I can, bet you can't.

I don't really like the Chargers but I'll give it a shot no NFL.com or San Diego Chargers Websites and or information was used in this.

1. Doug Flutie

2. Quentin Jammer

3. Stephen Alexander

4. Darhan Diedrick(Not sure if he is still on the team)

5. Matt Wilhelm(I think)

Bang syco 5. I also dont see why people are putting this team to do anything because they dont really have the firepower or defense to go up against any of the teams in there division.

Predictions that you can count on!

NFC East

*1. Eagles

2. Redskins

3. Cowboys

4. Giants

NFC North

*1. Packers

*2. Bears

3. Vikings

4. Lions

NFC South

*1. Buccaneers

*2. Panthers

3. Saints

4. Falcons

NFC West

*1. Rams

2. Seahawks

3. Cardinals

4. 49ers

AFC East

*1. Patriots

*2. Dolphins

3. Jets

4. Bills

AFC North

*1. Ravens

2. Browns

3. Bengals

4. Steelers

AFC South

*1. Colts

2. Jaguars

3. Titans

4. Texans

AFC West

*1. Broncos

*2. Chiefs

3. Chargers

4. Raiders

1st Round

Bears beat Rams (H)

Bucks (H) beat Panthers

Chiefs beat Ravens (H)

Dolphins beat Colts (H)

2nd Round

Bears beat Packers (H)

Eagles (H) beat Bucks

Broncos (H) beat Chiefs

Dolphins beat Pats (H)

Conference Championship Round

Eagles (H) beat Bears

Broncos (H) beat Dolphins

SUPER BOWL

Eagles beat Broncos in lowest scoring game ever...10-7

MVP- Mike Vick - Atlanta

O POY-Clinton Portis - Washington

D POY-Champ Bailey - Denver

O ROY-Roy Williams - Detroit

D ROY-D.J. Williams - Denver

Please explain how Tampa Bay will be better than, not only Atlanta, but also Carolina, after losing Sapp, Lynch and Keyshawn, and gaining Joey Galloway

Keyshawn was nothing but a waste of money. Sure hes a good reciever but his attitude made him more of a nuisance then anything else. The Bucks will do way better without wasting a large amount of thier Money on him. Not only is Michael Clayton the better reciever. But had 100 times more class Keyshawn ever had.

Warren Sapp has been out of his prime for a good time now.. Worth way less then he gets payed.. The Raiders are gonna highly regret signing him.

Lynch will not be missed that much on the field.. Due to the fact that Phillips is proving to be highly capable of filling that void. But his off field presence will be greatly missed

Joey Galloway.. Meh.. We'll see

With Alstott returning, The Pick up of Clayton and Various other signings, and most importantly an improved offensive line The Bucs will be a Contender this year.. And No doubt make the Play offs.

Edited by Javs

NFC East

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Giants

NFC North

Packers

Bears

Vikings

Lions

NFC South

Panthers

Bucs

Falcons

Saints

NFC West

Rams

Seahawks

Cardinals

49ers

AFC East

Patriots

Jets

Dolphins (I'd still have them ranked third even if Ricky Williams hadn't retired)

Bills

AFC North

Ravens

Bengals

Browns

Steelers

AFC South

Colts

Jaguars

Titans (Would be ranked second if they hadn't given in and let Eddie George go)

Texans

AFC West

Chiefs

Broncos

Raiders

Chargers

Wildcards:

NFC - Bucs, Eagles

AFC - Broncos, Jets

Playoffs (only doing the finals):

NFC - Cowboys over Packers or Rams

AFC - Patriots over Ravens

Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys (unfortunately, as I'd rather see Cowboys over Colts)

Anybody who has Dallas finishing worse than second and\or the Giants better than fourth in the NFC East has GOT be joking! The Eagles *may* be a threat. But Washington hasn't got the players it needs to overcome Dallas this year, even if Joe Gibbs doesn't have rust from not coaching in several years. And the Giants are a lock to finish in the basement. (If something happens to the Redskins' other QBs and Patrick Ramsey gets much playing time, they're definitely screwed)