Josh Freese's tiered album pricing

MalaCloudy Black

Trent Reznor and Radiohead have been dealt a serious blow in the tiered pricing war for album releases. Josh Freese, a member of Devo and A Perfect Circle who's also played for NIN, Sting, The Offspring, and more!, has just released his solo album today. Aside from the free single or vanilla $7 album download option, you can pay anywhere from $15 to $75,000 for increasingly more bizarre package deals.

At the cheaper end of the tier, $50 will get you the digital download, a double disc set, a t-shirt, and a 5-minute phone call with Freese to discuss anything you like—including what you liked or didn't like about the album. Too boring? Buy the $250 package and you'll get signed drumsticks, plus you can have lunch with Freese at The Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs. The $5,000 package includes (among other things) a letter from Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam telling you about his favorite song on the album.

But wait there's more! If you're willing to spend a sizable amount of money, the perks get even weirder: there's only one $10,000 package, but that's because included alongside the foot massage and day at Disneyland, Freese will give you his Volvo station wagon, of which he obviously only has one. The $20,000 package includes 2 original songs written for or about you, and you get to sing back up or play ("the drums, triangle, whatever") on them.

I am almost tempted to take him up on the $250 package, but there are no nearby PF Changs or Cheesecake Factories. Seriously, this is some of the most bizarre tiered pricing ever.

http://consumerist.com/5181891/drummer-com...e-for-new-album

EDIT: Oh, hey, wow. There's a PF Chang's 75 miles from here.

Edited by Cloudy Lee

a signed CD and Josh in your band for a month.

Not far from the truth actually

$75,000 (limited edition of 1)

imageimage

* -Signed CD/DVD and digital download.

* -T-shirt**

* -Come out on tour with me for a few days.

* -I write, record and market a 5 song EP about you and your life story.

* -Take home any of my drumsets (only one but you can pick which one)

* -*Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborgini OR we play "quarters" and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.

* -If you have a band, I'll join it for a month....play shows, record a CD together, have a swim party, etc.... or none of the above. We could also just sit in yer basement and jam old Van Halen.

* OR If you don't have a band I'll be your personal assistant for a month (4 day work weeks....10 am to 5 pm) and then we take a limo down to Tijuana and I'll show you how it's done (what that means I can't legally get into here, right this minute). If you don't live in LA but are in the USA I will come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.

* -Take a Flying Trapeze lesson together in the San Fernando Valley and then Robin from NIN and his wife make us raw lasagna.

http://joshfreese.com/buynow/

There is the different packages..the 250$ package is sold out

(what that means I can't legally get into here, right this minute)

Take shrooms

>_>

-*Maynard James Keenan, Mark Mothersbaugh from DEVO and I take you miniature golfing and then drop you off on the side of the freeway (all filmed and posted on youtube of course).

Hahaha, that would be fucking AWESOME.

Edited by Cloudy Lee

then Robin from NIN and his wife make us raw lasagna.

:lol: That's genius, the perfect way to end a bizarre business relationship. You can just imagine these NIN and Pearl Jam guys randomly popping up out of nowhere, wondering why the fuck they agreed to do stuff for some dude with too much money in the first place.

Wow...I can't wait to see that youtube video