Tell me some good rockumentaries to watch

METALMAN

The Ramones one is indeed very good. Assuming you mean....End Of The Century? Is that what it's called? Either way, if you don't already think Johnny Ramone was a prick, you will by the end.

Obviously Dig! is the ultimate modern day rockumentary, absolutely fantastic stuff all-round. The Devil & Daniel Johnston is a must-see, too. "If I Should Fall From Grace With God", the Shane MacGowan DVD is well worth seeing if you're into his stuff, but probably rather dull if you're not.

These all sound fantastic. Particularly the Ramones and Shane MacGowan ones. The Headbangers Journey one also sounds really interesting from what I've seen despite me not being much of a fan of the music, I still find the whole thing behind it fascinating.

The only one I've already seen is Some Kind of a Monster. I'm by no means a big Metallica fan but I still found it pretty interesting.

I really appreciate all the suggestions so far though and I'll hopefully look out for them all because there isn't a boring sounding one there. Feel free to suggest more obscure ones as well because if "Some Kind of a Monster" is anything to go by I can still enjoy a good rockumentary even if it is about a band/genre I don't like.

Fuck, I completely forgot my favorite one. "Hated" which is a documentary about shock rocker G.G. Allin, it documents his days with the Murder Junkies in the early 90s. It's an excellent glimpse into a rock and roll madmans head, it's definitely not for the faint hearted.

Like you fucking need to watch anything except Spinal Tap.

That's a mockumentary. Just like the Fozzy one.

My... God... this changes everything :shifty: Anybody watching TIST and thinking it's a genuine documentary would have to be downright stupid <_<

Edited by Benji

I just wanted to point out he was requesting recommendations for actual band documentaries.

Obviously This Is Spinal Tap is a riot and everyone should watch it anyway.

The Ramones one is indeed very good. Assuming you mean....End Of The Century? Is that what it's called? Either way, if you don't already think Johnny Ramone was a prick, you will by the end.

Yeah, that's the one. For me the one thing that sticks with me is the final scene with Dee Dee in it, that just broke my heart.

The Decline of Western Civilization, part 1, the one that documents the late 70s punk scene in California.

Part 2 isn't bad either. I've yet to get to see Part 1.

• 2 weeks later...

The Seven Ages of Rock that the BBC did in 2007 was good, even though in the last one they had far too much The Edge and U2 fapping for my liking. <_<

I think there's one about the grunge scene that was made in about '94, pretty sure it was called "Hype!" or something along that nature.