You Make The Mafia Role

Sousa: Brilliant role, with plenty of strategy and potential for havoc. 9/10

Ruki: Ok, a whole bunch of abilities and drawbacks here. Nothing that really stands out to me. 6/10

Matt: Interesting consequence to using his ability. Not bad. 7/10

DFF: Like I pointed out at the start, I'm interested in the mechanics of the killing itself, not really all the other bells and whistles. As a role wise, this is...alright. I'm not really that big a fan on all this millering-if-you-kill-the-wrong-guy, but slightly better than Ruki's, I guess. 7/10

Marcos: Decent, but I don't really think the ability itself is going to have much impact on how the player plays. I like the whole not revealing alignment thing though. 6/10

Norro: So kinda like Marcos's role with some extra abilities thrown in. Meh, 7/10

Scores: (Zan/RW/Pesci)

Sousa (9/9/9 - 27)

Ruki (6/5/6 - 17)

Matt (7/7/6 - 20)

DFF (7/9/8 - 24)

Marcos (6/6/6 - 18)

Norro (7/6/7 - 20)

And Ruki is eliminated this round.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sousa:

Ganon.jpg

I never imagined a boy like you could give me so much trouble. It's unbelievable that you defeated my alterego, Agahnim the Dark Wizard, twice! But I will never give you the Triforce. I will destroy you and make my wish to conquer both Light and Dark Worlds come true without delay!

You are Ganon, Forces of the Dark World-Aligned Thief Turned Evil King of Darkness. Centuries ago, you were sealed in the Golden Realm--the alternate reality in which the powerful Triforce was held--by seven powerful sages after you attempted to steal the sacred relic. The power of the Triforce granted you your wish to overrun the Golden Realm with darkness, but you remained sealed away, unable to exert your influence in the land of Hyrule... until, that is, you found a way. You have managed to influence a powerful wizard named Agahnim in Hyrule to do your bidding, and now, the seal of sages has weakened. It will not be long now before it is broken and the forces of darkness--with the omnipotent power of the Triforce--will overrun the Light World of Hyrule!

You are the leader of these Forces of the Dark World. Your underlings are--in order of succession--the wizard Agahnim (EddieG), the cunning thief Blind (Toffeefan2k8), the monstrous Moldorm (The Hypnosis), and the corrupt Soldiers of Hyrule Palace (stokerino [ :shifty: ] ). Each night, you may send out one of these underlings to destroy another player in the game. You may not personally execute a kill as long as Agahnim is alive.

The wizard Agahnim, whom you have previously possessed in order to pervert him to your evil desires, is your key to influencing the Light World--so long as he is alive, you are possessed of a unique ability. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. Your evil spirit will enter this player's body, and any actions that would normally affect you will instead affect this other player. If you wish, you may attempt to influence your target to use his or her ability on a specific target... but bear in mind that, by doing so, you risk revealing yourself should you possess a character of particularly strong will (like the legendary Hero or the Princess...).

Should Agahnim fall, your connection to this power will falter and you will retreat to your Pyramid of Power. You will be unable to use your possession again.

You win when the Forces of the Dark World outnumber the remainder of the Community.

MOD NOTE: Should Ganon attempt to direct the actions of Link or Princess Zelda, his identity will be revealed to that player.
</div>

Matt:

You are M Shadows, Avenged Sevenfold-aligned lead singer and frontman.

As the leader of the band, it is your duty to lead the band to domination of the rock industry. Each night you must PM me the name of a player you'd like to nightkill and the member of your mafia group that you'd like to send to perform the kill.

You are immune to nightkills and in the event that you are targetted by a night kill, not only will the kill fail but you will gain another kill which you may use the following night. If you are targetted you will be sent a PM informing you of this and the following night you may nominate two players to be nightkilled, you only need send one of your group to kill both players.

Finally, you may communicate with your mafia partners outside the game thread, they are _____ (Synyster Gates), _____ (The Rev), _______ (Zacky Vengeance) and ______ (Johnny Christ).

You win when it becomes impossible for any other group to win.

Mod note: Based on a large game with 2 mafia groups, 2 serial killers and a vigilante.

DFF:

Zan, Welcome to Star Wars: The Mafia Fights Back.

emperor.jpg

You are Senator/Emperor Palpatine, Sith Mafia Aligned Don and depiction of all things evil.

A one time apprentice of Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis, you are now probably the most important and influential individual in the galaxy - as well as one of it's most ruthless tyrants.

You have channelled the force for years longer than you can remember, and are truly a master of it. This makes you a very tough individual indeed - or so the other's might think. In truth, you have grown over confident and, as such, you are afforded no defence against lynches, or indeed night kills. However, should you so die, you will cast force lightning upon either the killer, or the hammer voter and kill them too.

Now, less of that and more of what you can actually do. You are the leader of the Sith, a malevolent order skewed towards domination and control of the force for it's own end. Your Sith allies in your quest for utter domination are: Darth Vader (Rabid Wolverine), Count Dooku (-A-), and young apprentice Darth Maul (Pesci). You may communicate with these players outside of the game thread. (note: Yes, I know Maul and Vader never existed at the same time in the films >_>)

Each night you may PM me with the name of a player you wish to kill. Whilst alive, Darth Maul will perform the kill. If he dies, Count Dooku will take it up, then Vader then, lastly, yourself.

Darth Maul has no other ability. Dooku and Vader do. Should Dooku be required to perform the night kill, he would be given the option to perform his own actions in addition to your night kill. However, if he do so then the chance of both their own ability and your night kill going through drops to 50% for each, as they would have simply too much to do in one night.

If/when the kill passes to Vader, he may do both actions simultaneously at night, without penalty.

Also, once in the game you may forgo your standard night action and 'tempt' 1 player to the Dark Side. This has a high chance of success and, in doing so, adds that player to your group of Sith Lords. You will, of course, be allowed to speak to this player outside of the game thread if successful.

You win when all threats to the Sith are eliminated

Mod notes:

All players can by 'tempted'. The % chance of it happening is 100%, apart from Han Solo (50%), and Luke Skywalker (33%), and Yoda (16%)

Marcos drops out of this one.

Norro:

You are Google, Internet Overlords Mafia Aligned Most Powerful Website, Search Engine & Company in the History of the Internet. The internet is a foul, wretched, filthy place... filled with the scum of the earth and all the bastard children they've spawned since its very creation. All along, you've had to service their needs, their desires, their demands... first, it was a simple archive of websites across the internet, something even a monkey could come up with the concept for by accident. "Google" was oddly appropriate for a name, considering the near-infinite number of websites you were able to place on your engine over time... but that wasn't enough for the ravenous mobs, was it?

No... they wanted more. Google Maps. Google Earth. GMail. Google Chrome. Even your logo became something of a spectacle along the holidays, as people wondered aloud and with unnecessary interest as to what it would change to in celebration next. You gave these people everything they ever wanted... you gave them an internet service they could use and rely on and they never gave anything back in return. Now, you're worth more than any other website in existence, you're more powerful than ever before... and people suspect the worst from you because of it. Conspiracies arise of your plans to dominate the internet, of your plans to grow ever-larger over time and engulf your competition in one fell swoop of your hand.

The part that annoys you most? They're right... and they're waiting for the day you follow through. Everyone knows that with the power you have, it's all too easy for you to use it for the wrong reasons, and that's what you've planned to do for so long now. With the masses basically expecting the worst, you figure now's as good a time as ever to do one last favor to them all... and give them exactly what they're asking for, just as you always have.

You've gathered a force of other major internet websites, websites people rely upon every day. These are your most powerful allies, some of which being former enemies united in a common goal: the complete and total takeover of the internet itself. Fighting at your side are Youtube (), Wikipedia (), Myspace (), and eBay (). You may keep in contact with them outside of the game thread.

Because of your ever-growing presence throughout the internet, primarily thanks to your search engine, you basically know everything there is about the internet. Therefore, once a night, you may PM me the name of one player, and you'll run a search on them to find out as much about them as possible. Furthermore, you can also decide to substitute this search and instead go for broke and use your "I'm Feeling Lucky" ability up to three times during the game, allowing you to instead copy the ability of one random player from any point in the game (including dead players) and then turn it against someone. This ability will consume your investigation ability, however, so use it wisely.

Finally, all of your groups kills are carried out by Wikipedia (). You maintain authority over these kills and make the final call; however, should Wikipedia target someone else, there is a 25% chance that their decision will override yours.

You win when the Internet Overlords Mafia outnumber all those who would oppose them.

MOD NOTES

- When the player uses their "Google Search" ability to gain information on their target, their target's role name will be entered into Google's search engine. From this, one random result from the first ten displayed will be chosen, and the relevancy of the result will dictate the the amount of information obtained by the search. Example: If the player's target is Twitter, and their result is #6 ("Twitter in Plain English" on Youtube), they would only get minor details on the person. If they were to instead get a result of #1, they would get a full ID, as the result would be Twitter's mainpage.

- "I'm Feeling Lucky" overtakes the player's regular night action and emulates one random ability from any player in the game, alive or dead, including the player performing the action itself. This means there is a chance that the player may copy their own ability.

- If Google targets Yahoo at night, or vice-versa, an auto-battle takes control over both players' night actions. This battle will block both players from performing actions, and will force them into combat where one of four things will happen: A) Google wins, Yahoo is killed. B) Yahoo wins, Google is killed. C) Neither win, both are killed. D) Neither win, both survive (and are roleblocked).

tt-vercetti240.jpg

You are Tommy Vercetti, Video Game Mafia Aligned, Video Game Mafia Mayor?

Taking control of Vice City just wasn't enough for you, was it? No, you had to go and take over all the video game world, and that brings us to where you are today. You used your big mafia bucks to bring everybody together, and now, you're going to show them who's boss. But the thing is, they think you're on they're side. To everyone, you will appear to be Tommy Vercetti, Video Game Aligned, Anti-Hero Mayor. Of course, you need a few things to make you look like the mayor...like two votes, you got it! While you're not leading the town on a leash during the day, you'll be sending your scum buddies Tank (*name*), Cloud Strife (*name*), Luigi (*name*) and Earthworm Jim (*name*) out on the town to have some fun. You will choose one of them to make the kill.

But be warned, don't let your underlings get too crazy out there...

You win when the mafia makes up 50% of the remaining town.

*Mod notes*

If two of the other mafia members are investigated by the true investigator or tracker, they will trace the kills back to the don and find out that he is not really the mayor!

You are immune to nightkills and in the event that you are targetted by a night kill, not only will the kill fail but you will gain another kill which you may use the following night. If you are targetted you will be sent a PM informing you of this and the following night you may nominate two players to be nightkilled, you only need send one of your group to kill both players.

...um, the point of this round was to make a godfather that was killable, wasn't it?

...um, the point of this round was to make a godfather that was killable, wasn't it?

He can be lynched, just not nightkilled.. The spec was that invincibility is out of the question, this role isn't invincible.

Finale

Ok, here's the setting. You're making a twelve player game. The town roles are as follows:

01. Sane Cop

02. Doctor

03. 1 Shot Vigilante

04. Tracker

05. Bulletproof

06. 1 Shot Insta-Lyncher

07. Miller

08. 1 Shot Lie Detector

And 09. is an Individual Aligned Survivor.

So, you've got 3 slots left for the Mafia. For your final challenge, you're going to have to do all three roles. The Godfather and Mafia Goon 1 should only have basic abilities. The last Mafia Goon should have something really powerful and original.

Flavor and balance will be taken into account.

Get to it. :)

A generic one, yes. If you're lazy you can just C&P the flavor from your last role and stick him with invicibility, and I probably won't fault you for it.

Also this was -A-'s idea, so you can yell at him if you don't like it.

Edited by Zan and Max

Wait, so do we know who didn't make it to the finale, or all four of us just going to go into it anyway, or what?