You Make The Mafia Role

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 6: Designer Day-Kill

Here's a role that often comes up, with not much variety to it. The one-shot day-kill vigilate. Often includes some sort of post-related trigger, but not all the time. So for this round, I want you to give it a spin. Your conditions are that the role must be town aligned, with a single use ability to kill off another player in the day period of the game. Anything other than that is up to you. You can stack it with drawbacks or extra bonsuses, but what I'm looking for is role mechanics: anything that makes the kill more interesting than just 'Post Chikara Special to kill a player'.

Again, two eliminations, and you have 48 hours from now.

• Admin

Scores for the Batman round...

Sousa Ahahahaha, nice. This is an ability I actually kinda like - you target someone, then they can't target you for the rest of the game. Excellent. Score - 9

Ruki Nice spin on the Batman role. The Shopkeeper for Votes is nice, but what I especially like is the protection idea. Good work Score - 9

Pleatheface Mafia Roleblocker? Not a very original role really. Score - 3

MPH ...And Cult Leader? Score - 4

FD Boooo to death millers. :shifty:Score - 6

DFF I like this, linking Batman's actions to Gordon, and taking the choice out of Batman's hands. Score - 7

Marcos Multi-role with Miller & Voting implications. Not too bad. Score - 6

Norro Mafia Don. Score - 5

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

01. Sousa (The Legend of Zelda: A Mafia to the Past): Simple, yet brilliant. 9/10

02. Ruki (Video Games): I like the idea of a doctor that can protect people who ask for it. The vote auction thing is pretty interesting as well, since it puts a simple twist on the whole 'sell-abilities to other player' gimmick.8/10

03. Pleatherface (Cartoons): What RW said. 4/10, and only because of the flavor.

07. MPH (MMAfia): Also what RW said. This gets even lower, because after the Cult Leader round I would have been expecting something more original at least. 3/10

10. FD (Disney Channel Originals): Ok, I tolerate death millers a whole lot more than RW. That said, this is a really boring role to play as, and I don't think anyone is going to care when Batman shows up individual aligned. At least you pretty much tied it in to the movie without going the obvious route, so yeah, points for that. 5/10

11. DFF (Science Fiction): I must say I have a fond spot with roles that play off one another. Of course, it's all going to suck if Gordon gets killed right away, but still, interesting dynamics nonetheless. 8/10

14. Marcos (The Cube's Greatest Characters): Meh, you disappoint me Marcos. This is just a standard multi-ability role, with nothing really that original here. Plus you've still kinda got a pseudo-investigative ability, and a pseudo-vig ability, so boo to that. 5/10

15. Norro (Famous Websites): Meh, making Batman mafia don was a really cheap way to go, since the abilities don't so much as build off batman as it does his Don-ness. 4/10

So that leaves Pesci to post his scores. He can also be the one to tally them up :P

Edited by Zan and Max

So I'll be getting mine to you today Zan, but uh... yeah, Pesci, would love to know if I'm even in the next round before I do something for it >_>

Ah well, I'll give it a go anyway.