You Make The Mafia Role

Good, Sousa picked a different character.

Given the absence of a Happy Mask Salesman in Link to the Past, which is the theme I'm actually using, I'm not surprised.

Also, the big problem I have with Pleather's role is that the second people start seeing other players disappearing after using Candle Jack's name, they're just going to stop saying it. It's not exactly a subtle role; it's going to be pretty obvious, given the theme, who's dying and why. I like the idea of it, but I would hate having to play it, because it'd be a hell of an uphill battle.

And blah, too many seeker roles this round. TEOL's is great for being bare-bones but still very interesting, and I like MPH's a lot as well. Matt's is a little strange due to night 7 being the target night, but in concept it may be my favorite one--just needs some minor tweaks to be great. Ruki's is pretty good as well.

Aside from the seekers, a good round this time out.

Edited by British Sousa

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Pesci, if -A- doesn't show up in 24 hours you can take his place.

Anyway, here's the next set:

Round 4: Balancing Sousa Cults

After what happened in FF Mafia, it's hard not to look at Cults and not think that they're a little on the strong side. After all, they can boost their numbers, they can absorb power roles into their midst, and do a whole lot of other nasty things that make them a total bitch for the town to play against. So for this round, I want you to come up with a Recruiter-Type role. No restrictions, as long as said role is able to convert people to a different alignment. Common things you want to take note of are whether the cult continues after the leader is dead, whether they know who the other members of the cult are, whether mafia members can be recruited, or whether they can communicate with one another. Of course, original abilities and drawbacks are what you're going to score points on, so get cracking.

You have 48 hours to send in your role. 2 people will be eliminated this round.

And now, my scores for the previous round:

Sousa: Interesting, original role. I like how despite being individual, you're going to have a big impact on the rest of the game anyway in a wildcard sort of fashion. Winning condition is somewhat luck based, but since it balances out since you give the player a chance to manipulate it to a certain extent. 8/10

Ruki: I can see this doing really well, or really bad. What I'm curious to know is whether the role will have any knowledge of who is infected or who isn't. Personally, I think it would be better if he knew, so that he can plot to get rid of those who aren't infected by pushing for their lynches. Still, looks like it could be a fun role to try out. 8/10

Pleatherface: Sounds really awesome, but it's going to be incredibly hard to pull off. A similar example happened in Mafia V, where whoever mentioned Lorina would get permanently roleblocked. The town pretty much learned to shut up after that. 6/10

SeanDMan: Seeker role, with some other stuff thrown in to make it more interesting. Nice to see a mix of both positive an negative abilities, so in a way, you're messing up the game kinda like Sousa role does. Also nice to see a Seeker role that doesn't specify who you're supposed to go after, which makes a bit better than the standard ones we've been seeing lately. Still, it's a seeker role, so (N) to that. 7/10

Matt: I like this one, even with all those abilities it seems a bit easy to put into place. I'm not usually a big fan on ability whoring, but I'm a big fan of having each role serve a certain theme, and all the abilities in this role all have the same goal in mind. Maybe if the deadline was shortened a bit? Still, I really like this idea, so don't be surprised if I steal it one day. 9/10

MPH: So, its a doctor who wins if he does his job right? Meh, I'm not really that impressed with this one. 5/10

TEVOL: This is going to be a challenging role to play as, since you've got to be online to throw the hammer vote, and even if you do, it would start to look horribly suspicious. Five is a hard number to achieve, since most games tend to average around 7 days. Maybe if it was lowered to 3, it would be more reasonable to try and win as. 6/10

Ace: A seeker role, and not a terribly exciting one at that. 3/10

• Admin

My scores, typing as I read:

Sousa - Oh, I really like this role. I think a tweaking of the rupee values would make it even better, but excellent & original. Score - 9

Ruki - Nice twist on the Cult idea, given the spread potential of the virus, combined with the ability to cure it. Score - 9

Pleatherface - Nice idea in concept, but maybe a bit extreme to play as. Surely the town would twig what was happening before the win condition could be met? Maybe not though. Score - 7

SDM - A seeker role without implicit instruction on who you're looking for, and some nice additions in the Mask sales. Score - 7

Matt - Now this is very interesting. The goal is to end the game as quick as possible, with a set of abilities to help you out. Very original. Score - 10

MPH - A twist on the Doc, where you have to stop 3 nightkills to win. Would require a player with good instinct & reading of the game, but I like it. Score - 8

TEOL - This would be extremely hard to play as - though the existence of roles that can only Hammer vote already could help you disguise your true intent. As Zan said, maybe reduce the number of kills needed to win? Score - 7

Ace - A seeker, who is screwed if his target dies before he can find him, and also has a vote target before he dies? Boooooo. Score - 3

Pleatherface would get points for originality but lose them just as quickly because whoever got that role would hate him for it. I can think of one way to win - if somehow, that player manages to spark off a slew of "Candle Jack" posts in lieu of the traditional *does action for CHIKARA*ing. If they can't do that, then...yeah, game over, because after the first person says it and disappears, that's it.

Can I just resubmit my cop role? :shifty:

Nah, I'll work on something. Also really surprised that my indy role got high scores, I didn't overly like it other than it was original.

My other idea was that each night I'd PM them a new target (that'd be determined randomly, somehow) and they had to get that person lynched, they had to get 3 targets lynched to win, but I thought better of it.

Edit: Who got eliminated day 2 or do we not know yet?

Edited by Footjob Fever

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Leaning towards using my skip here because I don't like cults. Only things holding me back are that I finally have a good way to use my theme, and that further rounds will likely be more deserving of a skip as Zan finds it harder and harder to come up with challenges.