You Make The Mafia Role

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have picked a sodding awesome character for mine, but I really struggled with the role itself and it feels a bit cobbled together :(

Sousa 8/10: I like this role. There's real potential for some mind-fuckery with the town, without being entirely overpowered. Also picture is awesome.

Ruki 5/10: I like the idea of 'tagging' someone with an ability, but Seeker roles are kinda meh in my opinion. Town aligned seeker roles, especially so.

Pleatherface 8/10: Interesting role, which interesting gameplay potential. Since you're giving away your identity to the other player, I can see the Mafia coming after you pretty early in the game. Would be nice to see it in action in a real game.

SeanDMan 6/10: It's a cute role. I admit I like it because of all the references to past Cube events, but as an actual role, it seems far too overpowered. There really isn't any challenge involved. I think this would have been a lot better if you had dropped the 5 kill requirement.

Matt 4/10: Am I the only one who finds threat counts overrated? I mean, you just need to use them once or twice in a game, and then you can just count them off against the number of known dead scum. A rather boring role, and I don't quite like the roleposting requriement either.

MPH 6/10: Roleposting requirement is challenging without being too annoying. Ability is ok, but nothing groundbreaking either.

FD 5/10: A whole bunch of abilities, none of which are particularly very exciting.

WFS 7/10: Same as above, except with abilities that actually look fun. Again, not keen on the threat counter bit, but whatever.

oldskool 3/10: Indy survivor...ok. I can't say it doesn't work, but I'm big originality mark, and your role completely bombs in that department.

woc: 4/10: I admit it, I lolled. Unfortunately, your role happens to be virtually unplayable. Still, I wouldn't mind dropping it on a player I dislike just to see how they handle it.

Marcos: 9/10: I really love this role. Original, and it captures your character perfectly. My only complaint is that it is a little underpowered, but other than that, thumbs up.

Norro: 6/10: Eh, ok. The flavor is nice, but I don't like the randomness of roles. It would be interesting if a player could spend a night to change gimmicks, though.

Ace: 6/10: Miller doctor. Could be interesting, given the recent tendency of scum on EWB to claim doctor, but on the other hand, it's not really that original a role.

The Hypnosis 6/10: Meh, another seeker role. I like the idea of being bulletproof as long as you're not targeted by anything else, but every other night seems a tad weak to me. Ability is slightly more interesting than Ruki's so you get an extra point.

Overall, I was disappointed with this round. Other than a few gems, I found most of the roles rather bland and uninspired.

And now, the grand totals, in descending order: (Zan/RW/-A-)

14. Marcos (9/9/9 - 27 points)

03. Pleatherface (8/8/8 - 24 points)

07. MPH (6/10/7 - 23 points)

01. Sousa (8/7/8 - 23 points)

16. Ace (6/8/7 - 21 points)

11. DFF (7/7/7 - 21 points)

15. Norro (6/6/6 - 18 points)

06. Matt (4/7/6 - 17 points)

17. The Hypnosis (6/5/5 - 16 points)

02. Ruki (5/4/5 - 14 points)

10. FD (5/5/4 - 14 points)

04. SeanDMan (6/3/4 - 13 points)

13. woc (4/6/2 - 12 points)

12. oldskool (3/5/4 - 12 points)

oldskool and woc have been eliminated from the game. The rest of you have about 24 hours left to send in your roles.

Vote: wrathofcarnage

SWERVE~!

I didn't deserve to be in round 2, I admit that. I do think the role for round 2 that I sent in before I was eliminated was a marked improvement, and I'd like to hear a review of it even though it'd be contest-irrelevant.