You Make The Mafia Role

Ok, here are my scores. We're still waiting on -A-, who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Sousa: Eh, personally I think sending investigations to another player actually helps the cop, but you've included serious amount of drawbacks that kind of balances out the role. Then again, as its been pointed out, the town tends to be very suspicious of gossip roles, and a smart mafia would definitely throw in some fake results. 7/10

Ruki: Meh, not that big of a tradeoff. I'd rather just use my ability every night until I find scum. The town would just assume that there's a roleblocker out there that seriously hates me, and I don't think they'd be that willing to lynch a guy who can't defend himself. 5/10

Pleatherface: Interesting role. However, I don't actually think it would be that hard to fake claim another investigator character, so his drawback primarily depends on other people outing him. 6/10

Matt: Man, this is a incredibly bastard role. Incredibly evil, and would wreck crazy havoc on a game. It would probably piss a lot of people off, though. Still, if you're going for a bastard game, I'd give it 8/10

MPH: Kinda like Sousa's role, but with slightly altered drawbacks. Eh, I think it comes up to about the same. 7/10

Toffee: Meh, I'm not sure I quite understand this role. Drawback is pretty massive, so that's one thing, but the whole Seeker bit is kinda meh. 5/10

TEVOL: Seems a bit overpowered to me, since you're getting a free Mafia name every night. The best play would just be to wait for three or so nights, then claim to deliver a whole bunch of scum on a silver platter. Not particularly exciting. 5/10

FD: Interesting ability, since picking the right targets is going to play a major factor in using the role correctly. My only concern is that if the investigator sticks to late game, a claim-fest would wreck havoc on the mafai. 7/10

DFF: See Sousa/MPH. Personally though, I don't think the drawbacks are that significant. 6/10

Marcos: Simple, but incredibly effective. You've basically stripped down the cop role to its basic essentials, which would pose quite an interesting strategic challenge to anyone with this role. 8/10

Norro: Delayed Investigator. Nothing too fancy, but nothing too bad either. How useful the first shot ability depends on how obvious the clues are and how obvious the mafia groupings work. Still, I'm not that big on this one. 6/10

Hypnosis: Interesting role, in the sense that you're hardly ever going to be able to get scum, so you have to work on getting targeted instead by different people to try and get them cleared. Would definitely pose an interesting challenge to anyone trying to get this role. 8/10

Edited by Zan and Max

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I didn't want to use my skip at all but I'm really struggling with this one. The only one I could think of was pretty shit and will probably get me eliminated. I'd use my ones from Pokemon mafia but they'll be less cool then if people know they're going to be in it.

Edit: So yeah, I'm probably skipping this round unless I can think of something soon.

Edited by Footjob Fever

So, I get some of the most interesting roles this round, but also the least. :(

Round Three: The Non Survivor

01. Sousa (The Legend of Zelda: A Mafia to the Past)

lttptreasure.gif . . lttptreasure.gif . . lttptreasure.gif

Hylian3_Moving.gif

Hey, kid! You can open a chest after paying Rupees!

You are The Gamemaster, Individual-Aligned Carny Operator of the Treasure Chest Game. The kingdom of Hyrule is imperiled. Dark forces from beyond space and time threaten to overpower the land, and it may not be long before the King of Evil himself, Ganon, rises once more to take back the land he believes is rightfully his.

All of this, of course, is meaningless to you... unless you can profit from it. And in the high-stress world of modern Hyrule, everyone needs a place to wind down. That's what you offer... for a price.

You've revised your wildly popular treasure chest game with a sinister edge. Your three treasure chests now contain one of three possible tokens:

Gibdo1.gif

Gibdo:

This evil mummy signifies death. If the player selects the chest with the Gibdo, he will die and you will rob him, earning you 200 Rupees.

Cape.gif

Cape:

The magical cape signifies protection. If the player selects the chest with the Cape, he will disappear temporarily, rendering him immune from all actions that night. He will also be unable to speak or be lynched the next day. You will incur no costs if the Cape is selected, earning you 50 Rupees from the cost of the game.

Lamp.gif

Lamp:

The shining lamp signifies knowledge. If the player selects the chest with the Lamp, he will receive a free investigation the next night. You will lose 50 Rupees due to the cost of the necessary equipment.

Each night, PM me with the name of another player and an arrangement for these items: one in Chest 1, one in Chest 2, one in Chest 3. The player will be unable to act during the night and will instead be forced to play your game, selecting one of the three chests to open. The player will have to live with the results of the test, and you will--hopefully--make a steady profit in the process.

You may elect at any time to "stack the deck" by replacing the Cape with a second Gibdo. Keep in mind, however, that this carries a risk; the local authorities (not to mention the Thieves' Guild) have had their eye on you, and a rash of dead bodies in your shop might be bad for business.

You win if you can acquire a net profit of 500 Rupees.

Mod Note: Each time the Gamemaster "stacks the deck," he will have a cumulative chance of being captured and killed. The first time stacking the deck produces a 25% chance of being killed, and this chance of apprehension increases by 25% each time he "stacks the deck" after that.
</div>

02. Ruki (Video Games)

03_VirusTrio_1190922037.jpg

You are The Virus', Individual Aligned, Enemy of Doctor Mario!

Curse that Doctor, always trying to ruin your fun. And seriously, who the hell gives a plumber a doctor's license? Anyways, it is time for you to make yourselves known! You've escaped the Mushroom Kingdom, so you no longer have to worry about the evil Dr. Mario ruining your plans to save everybody. The three of you together will be able to rule this place! But first, you have to pick a starting point...

On any night you will PM the name of two players, and you will infect them with the virus. And after that, you sit back and watch your magic work. Should that person you target have an ability, any person they use that ability on will now become infected as well, and that person will infect others, and so on and so on until everybody is under your control! But be warned, just because you escaped Dr. Mario doesn't mean that you are safe. If you are targeted by a doctor, you will be killed. Also, should anyone you infected be targeted by the doctor they will be cured.

You win once you have infected everybody left alive.

03. Pleatherface (Cartoons)

The following mafia role will be relayed using state of the art scream-o-vision technology, due to the super scariness, we ask that parents use their children as shields to cover their eyes and ears. Thank you.

Testing.. Booga Booga!

screamq.th.jpg

You are Candle Jack, Individually Aligned The For Real Boge

candlejackz.th.jpg

You've made a life out of stealing small children and generally anyone dumb enough to say your name, and dragging them to a secret far off location from which they can never ever return.

screamq.th.jpg

You've been extremely successful at your chosen profession, to the point that you're now feared by even the most evil of evils.. Yes, a mime is a afraid of you. This small town is ripe with people frightened of your presence, and large groups of frightened folk do stupid things like say the name of a man that can't harm you unless you say his name.

You should've brought more rope, but the fuss involved with trying to charter a bus for your soon to be claimed victims left you a little absent minded and you've only brought enough rope for 6 people. Oh well, 6 will have to do.

As a bogeyman you have certain rules you must follow, you can only capture people that envoke your presence by saying your name Candlejack, Candle Jack, Candel Jack, or a clear and connected version of that phrase, such as 'Boy, Can Dell Jack up a computer, or wh'

To the end of capturing people, anyone that utters your name in the game thread during a day period will automaticly be removed from the game that period. Anyone that speaks your name at night is safe due to your hours being shortened as you try to arrange transportation.

To get things rolling, ONCE during the game you may pm me the name of a player during the night and you'll capture that player, hopefully spreading fear throughout the town, it should be noted that this night capture DOES NOT count towards your 6.

You win, when you persuade 6 people through subtle or other means to say your name.

Mod Notes: Any write-up with him involved in capturing anyone including the first night capture and the following day captures will refer to the player by character alone, identifying him in varying degrees as Candlejack and present him roping up his victims. Note, any write-ups with him capturing someone should involve them uttering his name and then being cut off before they can finish a particular sente

No, hyphens or punctuation needed. The details given to the town, is a balanced effort to attempt and give them a chance at using their brains and avoid saying Candlejack, or any form of the name, all whilst tempting them with an internet meme few can resist.

04. SeanDMan (Shamelessly Stealing Other People's Themes From This List)

Using Sousa's theme as mentioned.

The Happy Mask Salesman (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Salesman.png) (from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

You are The Happy Mask Salesman, Indepdently Aligned Mask Salesman Who Is Always Smiling. You are a curious creature, considered by many to be untrustworthy because of your shady behaviour and the fact that you are always smiling. But you're not untrustworthy or suspicious, you're just a harmless businessman... right?

The truth is, you're looking for something in particular. Majora's Mask, a mask with powerful abilities, was stolen from you while you were on your journey. Now that you've settled in town, it's up to you to steal it back.

Each night, you can PM me the name of a player in the game. You will then rifle through their possessions looking for Majora's Mask. If they have it, you will take it back, don it, and win the game.

However, since you're rifling through people's homes, you better have a damn good explaination for what's up if anyone catches you. You'll reassure the player that the door was open and you just wanted to offer them a deal. You'll tell them you're The Happy Mask Salesman, Hyrule Aligned Harmless Mask Dealer Who Wants To Sell Them A Mask. If they buy the mask, you'll get an extra vote for the next day's lynch, and they'll get a random power.

You win the game when you find Majora's Mask.

Mod Notes:

The Skull Kid has Majora's Mask (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Majorasmask.png).

If investigated the independent alignment will be revealed, not the fakeclaim.

The chances of getting caught stealing are an even coin flip: 50%.

The masks are listed below. The player can pick one, but he is not informed of what his power is until he has picked it.

The Mask Of Truth (Player gains ability to investigate at night) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:MaskofTruth.png)

Keaton Mask (Player requires only 25% of the vote to be lynched) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Keatonmask.png)

Gerudo Mask (Player becomes a Miller) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Gerudomask.gif)

Goron Mask (Player gains ability to make vigilante kills) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Goronmask.png)

Blast Mask (Player gains ability to kill the hammer vote when lynched) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/Image:Blastmask.png)

Bremen Mask (Players who target you for night actions will dance the night away instead) (http://www.zeldawiki.org/File:Bremenmask.png)

Each mask can only be sold once. Once all of the masks are gone, being caught will force The Happy Mask Salesman to reveal his true alignment and role.

06. Matt (Bands/Artists)

You are TIME IS RUNNING OUT, INDEPENDENT ALIGNED SONG THAT'S AGAINST THE CLOCK

There's some good news, the good news is that you can win with either side, the bad news is you have just one week (until the end of night 7) to live, at most. Fortunately, you have some tools to help you end this game as quickly as possible, however each can only be used once. You can apply one per phase (i.e. one per day and one per night) but once they have been used, they're gone.

• Remove unkillability from a player (any bulletproof and or lynchproof ability attached to the player will be removed permanently) [DAY OR NIGHT]
  • Attach bomb to a player (anyone who kills or hammers this player will also be killed) [DAY OR NIGHT]
  • Nightkill [NIGHT]
  • Autolynch [DAY]
  • Con a player (make one player permanently appear aligned to the mafia under investigation) [NIGHT]
  • Investigate [NIGHT]
  • Half the number of required votes [DAY]

You win if the game is over before or at the end of night 7 and you are still alive.

MOD NOTE: Based on a 25 player game. I am so going out this round.

07. MPH (MMAfia)

<name>,

You are The Emergency Room Doctor, Individual-Aligned Medical Marvel.

You never understood the big fuss about that MMA thing. Grown men beating on each other, what's the point?

You're not quite sure why you have this impression of mixed martial arts - maybe you were raised to be more civilized than average, or maybe it's because all you even see of the sport is fighters coming into your emergency room after fights with broken bones or worse, forcing you to waste time on them that could have been spent on people who didn't choose to get hurt.

But you're still a doctor, and you're still obligated to treat the patient in front of you, no matter what.

Each night, you may PM me with the name of another player (not yourself). If that player is targetted for a nightkill, you will save them with some miracle operating table work.

You win if you are able to save three lives before yours is taken.

09. TEVOL (UNTHEMED)

You are the Closet Psychopath, Individual Aligned Cowardly Wannabe Killer. You aren't exactly a pleasant person. It's always kind of been your goal to be one of those big tough Mafia types, but you've never had the guts to actually get involved with them; they're, like, murderers! You're just a weirdo with daddy issues. But even so... with people going around lynching people anyway... wouldn't this be a perfectly opportunity for you to work out some of those unpleasant urges? I mean, if someone's going to get killed anyway, you might as well do the killing. Right?

Each day, it's your goal to cast the hammer vote on whoever gets lynched. It doesn't matter if the target is Mafia or Town, all that matters is that the last vote on them is cast by you. If at any point in the game, you are able to cast five hammer votes, the game ends and you win. No Lynches do not count towards this total.

You win when you lynch five people.

10. FD (Disney Channel Originals) uses his skip automatically.

11. DFF (Science Fiction) uses his skip automatically.

14. Marcos (The Cube's Greatest Characters) uses his skip automatically.

15. Norro (Famous Websites) uses his skip automatically.

16. Ace (EWB Members)

You are Ruki, Individually aligned Former Elite Champion that really doesn't Meltdown Anymore, Honest.

Ah, Ruki. Remember when you first came to EWB with your Tag Partner TripleH86 and all you really wanted was to be loved? That was a long long time ago. But it was merely a few weeks before your underdog victory over TGC for the World Title. A World Title you have never let anyone forget you won. But lately your reputation has been less about your World Title reign (REMEMBER THAT? WHEN I BEAT TGC! YEAH!) and more about Your Black Belt in the Art of melting down as Scum in Mafia Games. Your consistent whining that Ace, the sexy beast that he is, is more of a meltdown master has proved fruitless so far, and your getting peeved off about it. Infact, your getting angry. Your starting to think you should just lose your temper and go off at everyone agai....

No. Not any more. Your better then that now. Aren't you?

Throughout the game, you are going to try and save your reputation. You may not roleclaim, or even hint, on pain of death, and you may never yell or get angry, otherwise you shall meltdown, and automatically be killed. It's so hard to stay calm though when people are voting for you though, and everytime someone casts a vote against you it will be that much harder to avoid melting down...

However, there is one way for you to escape the game without a meltdown. Every night you may PM me the name of a player you suspect is TGC. Should you find TGC you will pin him again, and reclaim your honour as the Elite World Champion.

You may only win if you find TGC before you meltdown. If TGC dies before you can find him, you shall meltdown automatically over the knowledge you will never get your chance to save your reputation.

((Mod Notes: 13 Votes Accumulative will automatically cause Ruki to meltdown))

17. The Hypnosis (Wrestling) uses his skip automatically.

Damn, a lot of good ones, and with so many skips, it seems unlikely that I will make it through :(

I like Pleather's role, but I think it would be too hard.

Sean's is interesting, and I would like to try playing at Matt's role. Good job everyone!

I had an idea to make 4chan an indy website role, but fuck if I couldn't find the time to get anything done on it unfortunately. I'll have to turn them into something else down the line I suppose.