You Make The Mafia Role

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sousa - I like this. It's original and would be fun to play. There's an element of strategy in that you'd be better served targeting players who wouldn't be killed that night, but besides from that it's fairly random and you're relying on other people to earn you the money. Still, it's an interesting idea. 8/10

Ruki - I like the idea and I've always thought there should be more roles like this since Zan gave me a role quite similar in one of his early games. As with Sousa's role there's a massive random element but I'd love to play it anyway - 8/10

Pleatherface - Alright. I'm thinking it would confuse the fuck out of the town since there'd be people saying it at night and being fine and people saying it during the day and being dragged off and killed. I think some townies would be able to make the link between the person saying Candlejack and being dragged off after about two goes, but if there's people saying it at night as well, somebody could easily just quote a post of somebody saying it at night and say "well, he said it there and he wasn't dragged off". Anything that confuses the town but not so much that they can't work it out if they think logically is okay with me, though. One of those roles that can only really be judged once it's actually been in a game but I definitely like the concept - 6/10

SDM - I like the alibi. If the player with this role was to claim in the thread, somebody would back him up knowing that a salesman like figure approached them. It's definitely a townie-sounding ability. I like the effect the masks would have on the game as well. And to be fair, I quite like seeker roles when they're done well. From what I've read about the Skull Kid it seems this would work better if it were him in antagonist mode and he had less cause to roleclaim. 8/10

Matt - Possibly too powerful. Could have a massive hand in altering the mafia/town balance in a game, which should always come first. But I love the concept anyway. 8/10

MPH - Pretty simple role. There's definitely an element of skill in this but I'm not sure it would be that much of a challenge once people start claiming abilities and the like. 6/10

TEOL - Eh, this actually looks impossible at first glance. Maybe if they had to hammer less people I'd like it. I can't see anybody letting it slide once they hammer the 3rd or 4th person though. You'd have to be online like all the time as well. 4/10

Ace - Somebody would likely claim TGC, the seeker would get their man and win. Pretty easy. I like the 13 votes accumulative thing to counter that, and the game ending if the player doesn't get this man makes it more of a challenge. I'm not sure I like seeker roles when they're that easy to pull off, though. 3/10

Okay. Yeah. After having an aide fired today AND having to restaff an 8-hour case tomorrow AND having to smooth things over with two separate clients... yeah, I'm gonna use my skip. Fuck cults. I'll come up with something late anyway just so I can feel like I did something with this round, but there's just no way I'm going to be able to wrap this up now. I'm going home and going straight to dinner and the grocery store, so I won't be back until late anyway.

Edited by British Sousa

Huzzah, got something in on time.

On second thought, not exactly proud of it. I like it, but it's... it's a cult. It's, it's just... it's a cult. I put a twist on a few parts, but it's still a cult.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Ok, here's the score tally for the last round: (Zan/RW/Pesci)

Matt - (9/10/8 - 27 points)

Sousa - (8/9/8 - 25 points)

Ruki - (8/9/8 - 25 points)

SDM - (7/7/8 - 22 points)

Pleather - (6/7/6 - 19 points)

MPH - (5/8/6 - 19 points)

TEOL - (6/7/4 - 17 points)

Ace - (3/3/3 - 9 points)

Ace and Overlord have been eliminated from the competition.

Round 4: Balancing Sousa

01. Sousa (The Legend of Zelda: A Mafia to the Past) uses his skip ths round.

02. Ruki (Video Games) uses his skip this round.

03. Pleatherface (Cartoons) uses his skip this round.

04. SeanDMan (Shamelessly Stealing Other People's Themes From This List)

Bowser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bowser-Nintendo.png) (From Super Mario Sunshine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Sunshine))

You are Bowser, Cult Of Bowser Aligned Leader Of The Cult Of Bowser And Generally Badassed Firebreathing Beastly Thing. You are the antagonist of the ages as far as Mario is concerned; always a thorn in his side, always capturing his love, always spoiling his day. These days, you've even gone so far as to ruin his vacations.

Each night, you can target a player and infect him with pollution. This will have two effects. First, they will be informed that they have picked up a nasty cough, and will be unable to use any abilities they may have the following day period and then the following night period as well. Following that, the pollution will consume them entirely, and they will find themselves unable to force it out of their systems, as the thick smog and grime permeates their veins and arteries. They will be under your control, and will regain their previous abilities, but will now be aligned to service you.

Any player infected with pollution will become Cult Of Bowser Aligned, and you will be able to communicate with them outside of the game thread. They will be informed of their successful conversion, as will you, after one complete day/night cycle following their initial infection.

You win when The Cult Of Bowser aligned players make up 50% of the town.

06. Matt (Bands/Artists)

You are TOM DELONGE, ANGELS AND AIRWAVES ALIGNED LEAD SINGER.

As lead singer of Angels and Airwaves, you are prone to singing Blink-182 songs live rather than relying on your own material. Throughout the course of the game, you may convert any of the Blink-182 songs that you were the lead singer in and you may then communicate with them outside of the game thread.

However, you should be warned that Mark Hoppus believes that you should be relying on your own music and will try and prevent you from using Blink-182 songs at any cost. In the event that you are nightkilled or lynched, you will not die as long as you have a cult member alive, however you will be unable to recruit for the rest of the game.

Each night you may PM me the name of a player you'd like to attempt to recruit. If successful, you'll be notified of this.

You win when it becomes impossible for any other group to win.

Mod notes: Mark Hoppus' role is that in the event that he targets a cult member, they will die, however if he's to target Tom himself then he'll be eliminated from the game.

Only town aligned Blink-182 songs that Tom DeLonge was lead singer in will be able to be recruited (approximately 50% of town aligned songs, 33% of the total game), other band members, mafia aligned songs and songs sung in majority by Mark Hoppus can't be recruited.

07. MPH (MMAfia) uses his skip this round.

10. FD (Disney Channel Originals)

You are Mr. Bolton Wildcats Aligned, Troy's Dad and Head Coach of the Wildcats!

Even though the school has been renamed from East High to West High, the great Wildcat name remains.

What team? WILDCATS!

Exactly.

But given the shake up of everything and everyone, your basketball army is rather depleted. No-one has turned up for trials... no even your own flesh and blood and former star of the East High Wildcats, Troy Bolton. Instead they all went to Mrs. Darbus' Winter Musical auditions.

Of course, you're not going to stand for this. You're a pretty convincing talker when you want to be, right? Exactly. So each night phase, you're going to hand select players to join your squad and return Wildcats to that state glories of yester-years. Should they be willing and able to play for the Wildcats, they'll immediately forgo the Musical rehearsals and turn up for practice and team-talks instead.

On the down side, Mrs. Darbus will notice anyone that doesn't turn up for rehearsals as they are busy joining your squad.

You win when the Wildcats return to their spot as the focus of the whole school; and make up 50% of the remaining important characters.

MOD NOTES

-Only male characters can be converted to the cult.

-If a character is converted, Mrs. Darbus (attendance taker) will be informed that the player (role-name) did not appear to rehearsals as part of her role that indicates all characters that don't show. They will only miss rehearsals on the night of their conversion unless their night ability is already something that causes Mrs. Darbus to notice they are missing.

11. DFF (Science Fiction)

1610185.jpg

You are the Cyber Controller, Cybermen aligned leader.

As leader of the Cybermen race, you were once a powerful (Cyber) man. Now, however, you must start from scratch due to the interference of a particular Time Lord last time around.

As such, each night you may choose 1 player to kidnap and turn into a Cyberman. However, should you target The Doctor, then not only will it fail, but he will effectively investigate you. Also, it may be worth considering that certain hostile alien beings are possibly unconvertable too.

The process of conversion itself is not instantaneous. As such, any player you kidnap will be removed from play for 1 day and 1 night phase where they will not be able to speak and are virtually untargetable.

Once converted, a player loses all their abilities and just becomes a vanilla Cyberman, waiting for the word to march on the world.

You may speak to anyone you successfully convert, outside of the game thread.

You win when all threats to the Cyberman regime are eliminated. You may not win, or trigger endgame, whilst ever The Doctor is alive - even if it has come down to you vs. him.

Mod notes:

This is for a Dr. Who themed game. Daleks (The Mafia) would be unconvertable. Also, the Time Lord known as The Master would also be in the game as an Indy Survivor and has the same targeting conditions as The Doctor - ie, he would investigate the Cyber controller if they try and convert him.

Finally, a written clue (though, nothing obvious) would be posted as to the conversion in the night update.

14. Marcos (The Cube's Greatest Characters)

Medium - Large Game Role Only:

You are the Damon Sisters, Cult Aligned, Mass Murdering Bitches

The Damon family has a proud history within the Cube, what with A. Damon winning the fourth Battle Royale, and J. Damon managing to nearly complete an entire collection of body parts in the second Battle Royale. Killing hasn’t been your only quality held though, with your ability to seduce any man you desire. This will keep you in good stead, as you have heard of a war brewing throughout the lands, and have decided that it is time to bring more people over to your side.

Every night you may PM me the name of one person. That person will then join your ranks and side with you in the battle for total control. Be careful though, upon being recruited the person will join one of two cults. They will either be drafted into the “Highest Body Count Characters, Cult Aligned, Killers Of All” or “Body Parts ‘r’ Us, Cult Aligned, Body Parts Collectors.”

Both cults are limited to only three members per cult, and each don’t know that the other cult exists. Both cults will play against each other, and must kill the other off and be the sole survivors to win the game. They may contact you throughout the game, but if you were to die then the cults would stop recruiting. Finally, each cult will have a kill that will be assigned to the first person recruited to the cult.

You win if you survive to the end, and one of your cults wins.

15. Norro (Famous Websites)

You are 2chan.org, Cult of Chanology Aligned Originator of the Internet Virus Known as 4chan. Originally started as a Japanese image board for people of various interests and hobbies, you evolved into something much more popular, much more active... and, eventually, spawned something much, much more sinister: 4chan. This devil-spawn of yours would become the infamous "internet hate machine", creating countless numbers of overplayed internet memes, raging war on Scientology, and so much more. They have become an incredible force of hatred on the internet, an unstoppable machine... and it's all thanks to you.

And that fact terrifies the living hell out of you.

Seeing the threat that 4chan poses to the safety of the internet, you have came together with a plan to try to save the internet to the best of your ability, bringing together those left willing to fight the menace. Many, however, simply don't see 4chan for the threat it is... and so you'll have to bring them to the truth the only way you know how.

Once every night, you may target a player, and plant a seed of the *chans into them. Starting that night, and every night after, there will be a 50% chance that they will be transformed into a *chan, until the game is over. Once you have created 3 allied *chans to your side, all other seeds will die, and you will be locked in with your new allies in the fight against 4chan.

One way or another, you will save the internet from 4chan... even if you have to convert everyone into other *chans yourself.

You, as a group, will win when all *chans outnumber the town, or any opposing groups.

You, as an individual, will win when you have hunted down and killed 4chan.org.

MOD NOTES

- If the 2chan.org player attempts to convert 4chan, they will instead be corrupted by them and become a lackey to their cause.

- The members of the cult will not know they've been converted until 2chan has successfully converted all 3 players to its group.

- After a "seed" has been planted, there is a 50% chance that the player will be converted starting that night, and every night after until conversion.

- The following are the three converted role names, and what their abilities would be:

7chan.org, Cult of Chanology Aligned Angry Little Sister to 4chan. (Bus Driver)

420chan.org, Cult of Chanology Aligned Lazy Fucking Stoners *chan. (Roleblocker)

711chan.org, Cult of Chanology Aligned Unification of all Things Terrible About the *chans. (Hitman)

- 2chan.org will not have a kill until 711chan.org is created. At that point, 2chan will command 711chan's kills, adding a new kill to the night turn.

- Should 2chan.org's player be taken out, the cult will disband as the "seeds" die with the player. That being said, 7chan will provide 2chan with night protection, and 420chan will provide 2chan with lynch protection. Once 711chan is dead, however, the cult loses its only source of kills.

- If 2chan.org sends 711chan.org out to kill a player, and the player is 4chan.org, then 2chan.org moves to the winner's circle, leaves the game, and the cult is disbanded.

Round 5: Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN~!

Exactly what it says on the tin. Design a role based on The Batman. It can be based off George Clooney, Christian Bale, Scooby Doo, or any of his incarnations in any media, as long as its The Batman.

Oh, but he can't be a vig. Or have any kind of investigative abilities. Let's see how you handle that. :)

Again, two more contestants will be eliminated this round.

Deadline is Sunday, 10pm GMT +8. Check my profile if you're not sure how long that is.

Edited by Zan and Max

I will forever love the Batman role that Josh-oo-wuh had in the original You Pick Mafia. Of course, it had a vigilante power and an investigation power, so it would be disqualified here :(

SDM - Doesn't really balance the cult much and I don't see anything new besides the temporary roleblocking. Plus they get to keep their abilities which is waaaaaaaaay too overpowered when the cult isn't restricting in recruiting, they know of their teammates and are allowed to communicate as well. Being allowed to recruit mafioso will always make cults suck also. 3/10.

Matt - I guess they get to keep their abilities. Only being able to target 33% of the player list restricts the cult well, as does the Mark Hoppus role, and being unable to recruit after being targeted for a night kill. 8/10

FD - Kinda restricted but they can still recruit mafioso and they keep their abilities. I need to know more about the Darbus role as well. 5/10

DFF - I like that they can't target mafioso and lose their abilities. I like that they get investigated if they target The Doctor. The whole not being able to speak or be targeted thing could turn out to be a giveaway if the town picks up on it but who knows if they would. A decent level of restriction. 7/10

Marcos - I really like the concept. Would be awesome to play as. Limiting the cults to three members each is good but I'm not sure about giving them a kill, especially since it seems like they keep their abilities and can recruit mafioso as well. I guess it depends how many scum there are at the start as well. 7/10

Norro - Pretty complex but definitely orginal. I'm not sure about the lynch and night-kill protection, or the abilities they get. I'm not too worried about the kill but combined with the others it might overpower the group. I like the separate win conditions. I like that you've covered your bases with the cult not knowing they exist until he's converted three guys so there won't be the issue of how much the other cult guys will know if he ends up as a lackey to 4chan. I like the 50% chance as well. 7/10

SDM - Doesn't really balance the cult much and I don't see anything new besides the temporary roleblocking. Plus they get to keep their abilities which is waaaaaaaaay too overpowered when the cult isn't restricting in recruiting, they know of their teammates and are allowed to communicate as well. Being allowed to recruit mafioso will always make cults suck also. 3/10.

Matt - I guess they get to keep their abilities. Only being able to target 33% of the player list restricts the cult well, as does the Mark Hoppus role, and being unable to recruit after being targeted for a night kill. 8/10

FD - Kinda restricted but they can still recruit mafioso and they keep their abilities. I need to know more about the Darbus role as well. 5/10

DFF - I like that they can't target mafioso and lose their abilities. I like that they get investigated if they target The Doctor. The whole not being able to speak or be targeted thing could turn out to be a giveaway if the town picks up on it but who knows if they would. A decent level of restriction. 7/10

Marcos - I really like the concept. Would be awesome to play as. Limiting the cults to three members each is good but I'm not sure about giving them a kill, especially since it seems like they keep their abilities and can recruit mafioso as well. I guess it depends how many scum there are at the start as well. 7/10

Norro - Pretty complex but definitely orginal. I'm not sure about the lynch and night-kill protection, or the abilities they get. I'm not too worried about the kill but combined with the others it might overpower the group. I like the separate win conditions. I like that you've covered your bases with the cult not knowing they exist until he's converted three guys so there won't be the issue of how much the other cult guys will know if he ends up as a lackey to 4chan. I like the 50% chance as well. 7/10

yeah I meant to include that but I was in a rush because I didn't wanna miss the deadline which ended up being extended anyway. yeah, they'd keep their abilities else it'd be like underpowering the cult (not that that's always a particularly bad thing)

Exactly what it says on the tin. Design a role based on The Batman. It can be based off George Clooney, Christian Bale, Scooby Doo, or any of his incarnations in any media, as long as its The Batman.

Oh, but he can't be a vig. Or have any kind of investigative abilities. Let's see how you handle that. :)

Deadline is Sunday, 10pm GMT +8. Check my profile if you're not sure how long that is.

I'm taking it this has nothing to do with our themes then.

I'm taking it this has nothing to do with our themes then.

I would've thought so - unless you can make it fall under both.