You Make The Mafia Role

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just for kicks, if I were to have done it:

BatmanWithBomb.jpg

You are Batman, Town Aligned Masked VigiOH MY GOD YOU'VE GOT A BOMB.

Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb. Sure, I suppose if you really wanted to, you could just let it explode all over the nearest person, but that would wrong, especially since that someone might just be a pair of nuns. Or a brass band. Or a baby. Or baby ducklings.

So, as a defender of the people, you must do the right thing and loudly declare in the game thread that you are holding onto a bomb, and that everyone should stay the heck away from you. If for some reason, someone decides to target you at night anyway, you'll throw the bomb to them, and they'll have to do the exact same thing the following day (their action will not go through, since they'll be too busy freaking out to do anything else). This continues until Night 5, where the bomb will explode, killing whomever happens to be holding it, along with everyone happening to target that player that night.

Also for some bizarre reason, you get to see everything that happens to whomever is holding onto the bomb. UNTIL IT EXPLODES.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Also, just for kicks, if I were to have done it:

BatmanWithBomb.jpg

You are Batman, Town Aligned Masked VigiOH MY GOD YOU'VE GOT A BOMB.

Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb. Sure, I suppose if you really wanted to, you could just let it explode all over the nearest person, but that would wrong, especially since that someone might just be a pair of nuns. Or a brass band. Or a baby. Or baby ducklings.

So, as a defender of the people, you must do the right thing and loudly declare in the game thread that you are holding onto a bomb, and that everyone should stay the heck away from you. If for some reason, someone decides to target you at night anyway, you'll throw the bomb to them, and they'll have to do the exact same thing the following day (their action will not go through, since they'll be too busy freaking out to do anything else). This continues until Night 5, where the bomb will explode, killing whomever happens to be holding it, along with everyone happening to target that player that night.

Also for some bizarre reason, you get to see everything that happens to whomever is holding onto the bomb. UNTIL IT EXPLODES.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

You really should have saved that for an actual game. Phenomenal.

Why would anyone target someone who claims to have a bomb, though?

Okay, one person might be stupid enough - but if he's then forced to declare he has a bomb, he's clearly stuck with it. :shifty:

By far my favorite role I've made yet for this thing. I seriously loved the ruleset for this round, so I hope this works out well for me :P

Sousa - 8/10 - very original and I'd love to see how it played out

Ruki - 9/10 - I like the sound of this very much - it's a simple enough concept so I'm surprised I haven't seen a role like this before. Minus the protection bit which isn't that obvious I guess

Pleatherface - 4/10 - it's simple and it works but it's boring

MPH - 5/10 - I like the idea of Batman as a cult leader but I can't really give it more than this

FD - 5/10 - I like that you've played up to the fact that the Gotham largely hates him

DFF - 8/10 - interesting

Marcos - 7/10 - fun

Norro - 6/10 - eh, unlynchable dons are gettin' old

Therefore...

Sousa - 26

Ruki - 26

Pleatherface - 10

MPH - 12

FD - 16

DFF - 22

Marcos - 18

Norro - 15

Pleatherface and MPH are eliminated

Round 6: Designer Day Killer

01. Sousa (The Legend of Zelda: A Mafia to the Past)

Hylian2.gif

100 Rupees for 30 bombs! 30 Bombs for just 100 Rupees! Please buy 'em, mister!

You are The Bomb Shop Owner, Hyrule-Aligned Elephantine Proprietor of Heavy Arms. They say that in the other world--the strange "Light World" from which you came and about which you remember little--your shop is the home of Link, the legendary Hero who will save Hyrule. And, hey, if he's going to save Hyrule, he's got to have a little cash on hand, right? What better way to profit from a crisis than to offer the means to give the crisis a little more BOOM! for its buck? You want Hyrule to be saved--after all, you stand to gain more from being free to run your shop than you do from being subjugated by Ganon--but... why not make a little cash along the way?

Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. You'll make your usual pitch--"100 RUPEES FOR 30 BOMBS! 30 BOMBS FOR JUST 100 RUPEES!" That player will be unable to resist your clearly brilliant salesmanship, and his or her night action will be replaced with a kill. Of course, if the player fails to use the bombs, they... well, they might just go off. But that's a chance you have to take in this business, right?

Once per game, during the day, you may unload the rest of your explosive overstock on a single player. You'll set up the rest of your explosives--including the enormous BIG BOMB--around another player and blow him to smithereens, eliminating him from the game. Be careful, though--you're dealing with explosives here, and there's always a... ahem, slight chance of some backlash. You can likely lessen the likelihood of blowing up someone innocent (or yourself!) by selling more bombs at night, decreasing the amount of explosives you'll use in your day kill.

To use your day kill, enter Unload Stock On: _________ in the thread. Once you use this action, you will no longer be able to sell bombs at night.

You win if the legendary Hero defeats the forces of evil and peace returns to Hyrule.

MOD NOTE: The daykill's odds of killing another random player are thus:

No Bombs Sold: Target will die. Two other random players--and the Bomb Shop Owner--will die.

Bombs Sold 1 Time: Target will die. One other random player--and the Bomb Shop Owner--will die.

Bombs Sold 2 Times: Target will die. The Bomb Shop Owner will also die.

Bombs Sold 3 Times: Target will die. 50% chance that another random player--or the Bomb Shop Owner--will die.

Bombs Sold 4 Times: Target will die. 25% chance that another random player--or the Bomb Shop Owner--will die.

If a player doesn't use the bombs sold at night, they'll go off in his hands. This player will be maimed pretty badly and will require only half the regular number of votes to be lynched the next day.

02. Ruki (Video Games)

samfisherref1.jpg

You are Sam Fisher, Town Aligned, Secret Agent Behind Enemy Lines.

Oh, the things you do for your country. Every time you think you've done enough, they pull you right back in. You've been asked by the government to inflitrate the enemy compound and take them out of the game. Sadly, the enemy compound is right in the middle of town, so it's hard to tell who's on who's side at the moment. Should you be investigated, you will appear to be King Dedede, Mafia Aligned, Penguin Who Thinks It's Hammer Time.

Besides appearing to be teamed with the bad guys, you have a few more other abilities. At night, you can follow a person around and see what they do. Using this information you can use a single-day kill (when everyone is off guard), but be warned, if you hit a townie you will be fired and left behind, all your secret spy gear will be taken away. And finally, because you are a spy, you cannot role claim or the mafia will kill you.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Mod Notes: I'm thinking if he hits a townie with the kill that he will lose all powers (as said) and either become a depressed townie or maybe a serial killer...depending on the balancing of the game.

06. Matt (Bands/Artists)

You are CALM LIKE A BOMB, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ALIGNED CAN YOU FEEL THE FUNK BLAST?

Once during the game you may post "Feel The Funk Blast: [insert player name]", this will instantly kill the player you've targetted under any circumstances. However the downside to this is that it will put you into a state where you will be effectively dead.

If the player you targetted was town aligned, the town will sacrifice you and end your life. However if the player was a threat to the town, out of gratitude, the town will do all they can to preserve your life - you won't be able to vote, be voted on, be targetted or use your ability again but you will be able to win the game so long as the rest of the town manage to eliminate all threats. You will still be able to talk in the game thread, but you can't vote, etc:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Mod notes: Unbeknown to the player if he is targetted by a nightkill it will have a similar effect to his ability: He will kill his attacker and if that player was a threat to the town (i.e. not a vigilante) he can still win in the same way as above in that he will not die and simply be reliant on other players winning the game. If the player targets an otherwise unkillable player, the kill will still go through.

In the event that this player is in a near-death state, he won't count towards the number of active players when determining the number of votes required for a lynch.

The use of this player's ability doesn't end the day phase.

10. FD (Disney Channel Originals) didn't get a role in, and is eliminated.

11. DFF (Science Fiction)

garak_revamp.jpg

You are Elim Garak, Deep Space Nine aligned former Cardassian spy-turned-tailor

With a history shrouded in mystery and subterfuge, you have arrived on DS9 (or 'Terok Nor' as the Cardassians know it) for seemingly a quieter life. Having hung up your espionage boots, you are now but a mere tailor.

Due to your background, you won't be able to do much at night, as you will be closely scrutinised. However, once in the game (in a day phase) you may revert to your old ways and kill one player. To do this, simply send me a PM saying 'Kill xxyy' before the lynch phase is complete.

A few notes:

1. The kill will not replace the lynch.

2. Being adept at these kinds of things, you will kill even the toughest and most well prepared opponent, regardless of their status or alignment.

3a. Until you use your kill, you will come up Individually aligned when investigated due to your evasive and secretive nature.

3b. If you kill a townie, you will come up Mafia aligned in all subsequent investigations. If you kill a threat to DS9, you will come up town in all subsequent investigations.

You win when all threats to Deep Space Nine are eliminated

Mod note:

Re: 2. This includes 'unlynchable' Dons, 'bulletproof' characters, etc.

14. Marcos (The Cube's Greatest Characters)

You are Foul Ole Kaney, Greatest Cube Characters Aligned, Drunken Bum

The Zombie invasion of your town passed you by, as you were found in a sewer with no clue as to what had actually happened. With just you and Gaspode to keep you company in the sewer, you managed to drink yourself into a state of amnesia and with no clue as to what occurred you managed to continue on with your permanent state of alcohol induced memory loss.

However, now you have heard, through drunken rumours that the city is about to wage war against an unknown threat, and you have decided to join forces with the town, even though many of them don’t want you.

Each night you may PM me with the name of another member of the game, who you will offer a drink of your Mishter Jack Danielsh to. This is your only night ability, however, one time during the game you may kill off another member of the town. However, this person must have been offered a drink by yourself, so try to build up a large range of people you have offered drink to before pulling the trigger on a day kill. Once you have killed him though, you will also steal his wallet and other such possessions, and in such the player’s role name and alignment will not be revealed to the town.

You win when all threats to the town are removed.

15. Norro (Famous Websites)

This is, by far, my favorite role yet. Absolutely love how it turned out.

You are Facebook, Internet Aligned Website That Defeated MySpace And Gave Internet Stalkers A Place To Call Home. Ever since you swept into the scene back in 2004, you've taken the internet by storm. Defeating MySpace in international popularity, you've gone well and beyond what anyone expected of you, bringing people together worldwide on one website to talk about their days with each other to their hearts content. You've exploded on such a massive level, that the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory is even using your services to issue court notices to defendants! Considering your modest roots as a documentation of Harvard students via your creator hacking into Harvard's database... well, let's just say you've come a long way, baby.

Still, criticism has abounded against you in recent times, as you've made various updates to your systems that some have strongly disagreed with, going sofar as to even call you "Stalkerbook" because of it. Unfortunately, there's little you can do to deny this... although you're set so that people can change their account options to take off the constant updates they send out any time they do anything using their account, so many people are either too lazy or too stupid to bother to change it, or they simply don't care. Ultimately, the majority of your users never bother to change their settings, and leave everything out in the open for the world to see.

Still, such things are ultimately useful, aren't they? Despite the bad rep you get for it, the fact remains that by leaving people's defaults to show every move they make, you give them the sense that "someone's out there watching", ultimately keeping them on their best behavior in the process. And while you do offer them the chance to change their preferences... well, as has been said, most never bother.

So, where does this leave you in these times of internet warfare, exactly? Well, once every night, you may check the "status" of a person using your services, gaining a bit of insight into what they're up to. Should you take offense to their status, you will have the option of deleting their account during the day period, ejecting them from the game. You may only ban one account during the entire game, however, so be careful who you choose to do this to.

You win when all threats to the internet have been eliminated.

MOD NOTES

- Facebook may only delete the account of someone they've investigated the night before.

- Anyone who targets Facebook with an ability automatically "has their settings changed" so that they cannot be targeted by Facebook for investigation for the rest of the game. Facebook is not aware of these limitations, and upon investigating anyone immune to their ability, will receive back the notice "Sorry, but this player's account has been set to private."

- Once Facebook has used their "account deletion" ability, they may continue to use their "status check" ability. They may not, however, delete anyone else's accounts.

Norro, I dare you to write just one role that doesn't require chapter divisions.

And I dare you to SHUT YOUR FACE YOU DO NOT EVER TELL NORRO TO BE LESS TL;DR.

Zan, did you not receive my revised role? It had one extra condition at the bottom that read as follows:

**EDIT: If he happens to target Gul Dukat, then not only will he kill him, but he will rifle through Dukat's papers and hand them over to the Benjamin Sisko character, revealing the identity of any other Cardassian aligned players - if any are still alive, to Sisko.

Note: The Cardassian group are a sub-group that are part of the (larger) Dominian aligned Mafia. **

Norro, I dare you to write just one role that doesn't require chapter divisions.

And I dare you to SHUT YOUR FACE YOU DO NOT EVER TELL NORRO TO BE LESS TL;DR.

Alright, I've been wondering forever, and I finally have to ask:

What does "tl;dr" mean?