You Make The Mafia Role

Round 7: A Godfather You Can't Refuse

Ok, I think by now, everyone's gotten a little tired of unkillable Godfathers. I'm not sure when the trend started, but I'd like to come up with a few new ideas that would shake things up a bit.

So anyway, for your next challenge, design a Godfather role. He needs to be powered up in some way, but invincibility is out of the question. So get to it.

Again, 2 people will be eliminated this round.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest Ganon, but he stands out more as an indy so... shit.

Maybe a mafia of Tingle and his family come to take revenge on those who dared to mock their manly uniforms? Tingle could pull off a pretty dark mob boss >_>

Maybe a mafia of Tingle and his family come to take revenge on those who dared to mock their manly uniforms? Tingle could pull off a pretty dark mob boss >_>

180px-Sarcasm_detector.jpg

Dust yours off maybe? :P

Yeah, it's going to be Ganon. No way is he an indy--he orchestrated the kidnapping of the Seven Maidens and the coup against the throne of Hyrule. If there's ever been a Zelda game where Ganon acts like a Mafia Don, it's Link to the Past.

180px-Sarcasm_detector.jpg

Dust yours off maybe? :P

Yeah, it's going to be Ganon. No way is he an indy--he orchestrated the kidnapping of the Seven Maidens and the coup against the throne of Hyrule. If there's ever been a Zelda game where Ganon acts like a Mafia Don, it's Link to the Past.

Hilarious :shifty:

I dunno, I've always seen Ganon as more of a standalone to be honest, but you have a point in that he does act more as a don there. Admittedly, I'd forgotten you were doing Link to the Past and just assumed a general Legend of Zelda theme there :P

Is there a time limit on this? Cos, unless I can come up with something in the next 30 minutes, I won't be able to do so for another 7 or 8 hours when I get back from work. :(

EDIT: No, I got nothing. If this things still open when I get back from work, I'll do one then. :)

Edited by DFF/WFS

• Admin

Scores for the daykiller...

Sousa - Nice risk/reward trade-off Score - 9

Ruki - So, he's a miller who can't claim, and if he kills a townie with the daykill he'll be penalised again. Ouch. Score - 5

-Matt- - Interesting, the near-death state is unique. Score - 7

DFF - Again, nice risk/reward trade-off Score - 9

Marcos Not too bad in needing a set-up to daykill, but nothing too different Score - 6

Norro As above Score - 6

Got mine in, I like how it turned out. Hopefully the judges will too >_>

Sousa - 9/10 - gives the player an incentive not to use their kill straight away, or even within the first couple of days

Ruki - 6/10 - I think having a tracker ability could make the player less eager to use their kill and it's a test to see if they get frustrated that their targets at night aren't doing anything - but I'm not sure about being a miller and not being able to claim either

Matt - 6/10 - If they hit scum and basically become a bulletproof townie, it could hurt the scum a little too much. I don't generally like bulletproof townies anyway unless there's a limit. Saying that, the balance is there if they hit a townie.

DFF - 8/10 - I don't like unlynchable dons but I think that if the ability is there, it shouldn't be so easy to remove, since in this scenario after they escape a lynch they're probably just dead the next day anyway. But I very much like the rest of it.

Marcos - 6/10 - The whole no role name and alignment being revealed is a good twist, should have the town set in paranoia. As RW said, apart from that and the drink thing there's not much difference.

Norro - 7/10 - investigator with a kill it seems? At least it's different

Sousa - 9/10 - gives the player an incentive not to use their kill straight away, or even within the first couple of days

Ruki - 6/10 - I think having a tracker ability could make the player less eager to use their kill and it's a test to see if they get frustrated that their targets at night aren't doing anything - but I'm not sure about being a miller and not being able to claim either

Matt - 6/10 - If they hit scum and basically become a bulletproof townie, it could hurt the scum a little too much. I don't generally like bulletproof townies anyway unless there's a limit. Saying that, the balance is there if they hit a townie.

DFF - 8/10 - I don't like unlynchable dons but I think that if the ability is there, it shouldn't be so easy to remove, since in this scenario after they escape a lynch they're probably just dead the next day anyway. But I very much like the rest of it.

Marcos - 6/10 - The whole no role name and alignment being revealed is a good twist, should have the town set in paranoia. As RW said, apart from that and the drink thing there's not much difference.

Norro - 7/10 - investigator with a kill it seems? At least it's different

They're not really a bulletproof townie, a simpler way to explain it is once they use their ability they're either dead or out of the game (they don't count in the "with x alive it's y to lynch" count, they can't vote, etc:) and are reliant on the rest of the town winning.

If they can still offer opinions in the game thread, they're essentially a bulletproof townie. All that's different is that they can't vote or be voted for. They can still make great observations and the mafia can't do anything about it.

Edited by Pesci