SPL Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Setanta are such fucking bastards. I wish they'd fuck off and let Sky or ESPN cover the games, at least they're not crooks. The whole Rangers TV/Celtic TV/Setanta Sports package they offer is such a retarded rip-off. Fuckers.

(Yeah, I really don't like them).

Setanta are such fucking bastards. I wish they'd fuck off and let Sky or ESPN cover the games, at least they're not crooks. The whole Rangers TV/Celtic TV/Setanta Sports package they offer is such a retarded rip-off. Fuckers.

(Yeah, I really don't like them).

Supposedly Sky offered us the same amount of money instead of extending with Setanta, but with less money up front. Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers wanted to take the deal with Sky seeing them as a better platform to show off the league and a more secure deal, however were outvoted 9-3 by the other clubs.

If this is true any club that goes under only has themselves to blame. <_<

It wont be St Mirren that go to the wall, they are one of the only clubs in Scotland debt free.

Killie are perilous even with the Setanta money, Dundee United at not the most stable club in the world and arguably Hearts as they have more debt than the rest of the SPL clubs (minus Rangers) combined.

Edited by NotoriousGTT

It wont be St Mirren that go to the wall, they are one of the only clubs in Scotland debt free.

Killie are perilous even with the Setanta money, Dundee United at not the most stable club in the world and arguably Hearts as they have more debt than the rest of the SPL clubs (minus Rangers) combined.

Yeah St.Mirren, Celtic, Hibs and St.Johnstone are fine.

Killie are doomed, Motherwell might be at risk.

Hearts will be fine without the Setanta deal, we were only on 8 times this season, 4 Derbies, 2 home games against each of the OF, so I believe we got paid the least out of the Setanta deal.

Besides, i'd imagine someone will step in and buy the deal, supposedly ESPN are interested in buying it, for some reason.

I have a Season Ticket and we're never on telly so it wont be missed by me.

• 6 months later...

Fucking typical. Been watching the Old Firm game, went for a crap, come back and it's suddenly 1-1...missed both goals. This game has been dire. Rangers are shit at everything, and Celtic don't know what to do when they get the ball in the final third.

If Rangers steal this, it will be magnificent.

Main talking points were Fortune's ruled-out goal, which was fair in my opinion. He's put his arms through the goalkeepers arms when he's trying to catch it. Unintentional, but unfair to the goalkeeper, shouldn't have stood.

And Lafferty's shocking tackle on Hinkel. It was horrendous, and deserved a red card. I wouldn't be surprised if he is punished after the SFA review it, it was inexcusable. Can't believe Hinkel isn't hurt.

Edited by The Kraig

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...