SPL Thread

Terrible decision by Lafferty but at least the club fined him, although across the city the scum continually dive and try and maim players constantly.

Rangers need to win on Sunday to win the league and stop 4 in a row, getting more nervous as the days go by. :(

Hearts contributing to Celtic not winning the league.

Fat Tango Racist quitting Aberdeen.

Craig Levein failing to get into Europe again.

Glorious day, well aside from Rangers winning the league <_<

"It's like a pre-season friendly"

Bring on next season.

On one hand, I'm pissed off that Rangers won, especially with that cunt Lafferty scoring, but on the other hand, yay, Strachan is fucking off at last.

To be replaced with Mark "Sellick Minded" McGhee! :w00t:

I can only hope.

Same :D

Hearts to finish 2nd if McGhee takes the job.

If he does then here is a pre-congratulations to Rangers on the SPL again and a wee note on us finishing 2nd and getting Champions League football again ^_^

I loved the shortlist for the Celtic job. Craig Levein? What the fuck has he done to merit going to Celtic? Met expectations? Mark McGhee would be lucky to get a job in the Championship.

Funny thing is, if Keane hadn't gone to Ipswich I bet he'd be on this so-called shortlist as well. That's how little sense it makes.

For those of you unaware, the rumoured shortlist is:

Owen Coyle (Burnley) - As if he'd give up on Burnley after the miracle of getting them into the Premier League.

Tony Mobray (WBA) - Yep. He's clearly a quality manager. West Brom bottom of the table, not a single player of note.

Craig Levein (Dundee United) - Done pretty much nothing but whine non-stop since coming back from Leicester where he failed superbly.

Mark McGhee (Motherwell) - Did alright in his first season. And that's about it so far.

Makes no sense at all.

I'd like to see someone like John Collins get a shot. Relatively young manager, did a great job at Hibs and saved Charleroi from the drop in Belgium. Linked with Monaco, Fulham and West Ham in the last 12 months alone. They could even try to convince Tony Pulis to go North. Or possibly if they want someone to make sure the money's looked after they could try to get Scunthorpe's Nigel Adkins who has created miracles down there.

Or God forbid the return of Martin O'Neill.

Or if they really wanted to shock the world, appoint Claudio Ranieri!

So, Tony Mowbray and Mark McGhee are crazy suggestions for the job but John Collins, the manager of the mighty Charleroi and Nigel Adkins from League One are sensible?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for someone foreign now, but that didn't work out for Rangers with Le Guen. I think someone like Mowbray would be fine, he did a decent job at Hibs a couple of years back.

They'll end up with someone daft like Lawrie Sanchez in the end. :unsure:

Does Celtic really have that much money that can be thrown at a new manager? I mean, most of these candidates would want a reasonable transfer kitty, and for the past few years Celtic (and Rangers) have been playing a game of 'lets eat up our CL revenue with player wages'.

A solid League 1 or Championship manager may be the best candidate that would be able to motivate players and buy on a tight budget.. Dave Jones anyone?

Actually come to think of it Steve Coppell is a free agent at the moment, and once performed wonders at Reading

Edited by The General