Warped Tour '04 - Should I Go?

apsham

So today I get a call from my friend, Lance and I find out that another one of our friends, Luke had called him up saying that he had to go to a funeral (a week and two days in advance?) and had to forfeit his ticket. They had already come, so Lance turned to me, first of all here's the band listings:

Age of Ruin

Alexisonfire

Alkaline Trio

All American Rejects

All Rights Reserved

Allister

Amber Pacific

Amity

Another Damn Disappointment

Anti Flag

Apathy Drowns Desire

Aquabats, The

Arkham

Army of Freshmen

Arraya

Artfull Dodgers

ASG

Atmosphere

Audio Karate

Authority Zero

Autopilot Off

Avenged Sevenfold

Away From Here

Bad Religion

Bayside

Big D And The Kids Table

Billy Talent

Blackfire

Bled, The

Bleed the Dream

Bouncing Souls

Bowling For Soup

Boys Night Out

Brazil

Break the Silence

Breakdance Vietnam

Briggs, The

Bum Ruckus

Candy Ass

Casualties, The

Chronic Future

Code of the Cutz Stage

Code, The

Codie

Coheed and Cambria

Commercials, The

Crowned King

Days Like These

Don't Look Down

Duane Peters and The Hunns

Dynamite Boy

Early Man

Early November, The

Eden Row

Eighteen Visions

Erks, The

Eye Liners, The

Faith Called Chaos, A

Fall Out Boy

Fear Before the March of Flames

Fighting Jacks

Flogging Molly

Fly by Night

From Autumn To Ashes

From First to Last

From Here On Out

Fuck Ups, The

Go Betty Go

God Awfuls, The

Good Charlotte

Guttermouth

Halifax

Happy Campers

Hazen Street

Hidden in Plain View

Hurt Process, The

IMA Robot

International Noise Conspiracy, The

Jackson United

Jersey

Juliette Lewis and the Licks

Kinison, The

Kiros

Lakeside

Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards

Left Alone (BBQ BAND)

Lennon

Letter Kills

Lillix

Madison

Mae

Matchbook Romance

Matches, The

Maxeen

Mean Reds

Melee

Minority

Moments in Grace

Montys Fan Club

Motion City Soundtrack

Much The Same

My Chemical Romance

Never Heard Of It

New Found Glory

NoFX

Noise Ratchet

Northstar

Oreon

Phenomenauts, The

Piebald

Pipedown

Planet Smashers

Plans For Revenge

Potluck

Pulley

Q, The

Ready to Fail

Red West, The

Reeve Oliver

Revolution Smile, The

Rise Against

Rolling Blackouts, The

Rose Hill Drive

Roses Are Red

Rufio

Sahara Hotnights

Saosin

Senses Fail

Silence, The

Silverstein

Simple Plan

Single Frame

Skypark Drive

Small Victory, A

Sounds, The

Spell Toronto

Staring Back

Stars Hide Fire

Steriogram

Stole Your Woman

Story of the Year

Straight out of Jr High

Stretch Arm Strong

Suffocate Faster

Sugarcult

Taking Back Sunday

Textbook Tragedy, A

The Snake, The Cross, The Crown

Thought Riot

Thursday

Tiger Army

Tokyo Rose

Tossers, The

Trophy Scars

Truth in Fiction

Underminded

Underoath

Vandals, The

Victory Within

Wanted Dead

Washington Social Club

Windsor

Yellowcard

Yesterdays Rising

Zox

^^^ That is from an unoffical site, some of those bands may be off the tour already, but the offical site is fucking up for me.

We leave on the twelfth in the evening and after an hour long airplace trip, we land in Montreal and go to the hotel. The next day is the Warped Tour, and we spend the whole day there, and go back to the hotel to spend another night. We leave the next day to return home.

PROS:

- $350 for air fare, 2 nights at a hotel and the tickets themselves. I just pay money for tickets.

- A lot of the bands are my favorites.

CONS:

- I've never rode on a place before, and am a little nervous, even if it's only for an hour.

- I get homesick very easily, could this be remodyed by a calling card? How much would I get out of a 10 and 20 dollar card?

What do you think?

Edited by Apple|Shampoo

Understand that i've never seen ANY of these bands live, except Jersey, as we're improvished here in eastern Canada. The following bands are the ones that i'll go out of my way to see:

Alkaline Trio

Crowned King

Early November, The

Fall Out Boy

From Autumn To Ashes

Jersey

New Found Glory

Senses Fail

Taking Back Sunday

Thursday

DEFINITELY GO... I went to the Milwaukee stop of the Warped Tour and it was the best day of my summer. Don't listen to people who say "Oh these bands are shit." because you know who you like.

And I took the liberty of posting the bands scheduled for the 13th

New Found Glory

Coheed & Cambria

Taking Back Sunday

Flogging Molly

Anti Flag

Bouncing Souls

Bad Religion

Lars Frederickson and the Bastards

Yellowcard

Thursday

Story of the Year

Atmosphere

Sugarcult

International Noise Conspiracy

Tiger Army

Good Charlotte

Rise Against

The Casualties

Rufio

Allister

Avenged Sevenfold

Matchbook Romance

Billy Talent

Guttermouth

ASG

A Faith Called Chaos

The Briggs

Washington Social Club

Fall Out Boy

Alexis on Fire

Letter Kills

Rose Hill Drive

The Kinison

Jersey

The Match

Crowded King

Bytch Kiddy

Audio Karate

Breaking the Silence

Melee

Rolling Blackouts

Early Man

Number One Fan

Silverstein

From First To Last

Deville

Hidden In Plain View

Brazil

KIROS

Underoath

Away From Here

Underminded

Emotional Distress

5 Knuckle Surprise

Viscera's Recital

Pacer

Bowling For Soup

As Tall As Lions

Haddonfield

Amity

Halifax

Don't Look Down

Boys Night Out

Days Like These

Lightweight Holiday

Staring Back

Nor AM I

Not even worth it... lineup is awful.  Underoath is the only good band, and that only applies to their old stuff.

FINALLY, another Underoath fan!!! :wub:

I'd go to see Eighteen Visions, Tiger Army, the aforementioned Underoath [though they'll mostly be playing new shite], Thursday [whom I heard is good live, though I dislike them], and maybe From Autumn to Ashes, though they suck live.

It might be a ton of fun, though, regardless of the bad bands.

So I say, go and chill, unless it'll cost you your life savings.

Guest EriKBN

Definitely go. It may cost you some money, but how many times are you going to get the chance to go on a trip with your friends to see some bands that you said were some of your favorites. I went and I definitely enjoyed it, even though some of the bands were shit. If you time everything right, then you can make sure to avoid getting caught in the crowd of a shit band and get in good position for bands you like (i.e. the Vandals, Bouncing Souls, in your case New Found Glory)

Go for The Hurt Process, first UK Band ever on the Warped Tour, and they fucking rule!!

Ugh.

I saw them supporting Taking Back Sunday and they were fucking awful. THE most generic band, trying to sound like every other "emo" band out there. It just seemed like a fat person shouting into a microphone over New Found Glory style music and a skinny guy with an afro dancing, and occasionally singing.

Haha, the singer said "It's always been my dream to play the Astoria" and my mate shouted "I'm suprised you can even fit on the stage!" and then whole die hard fan group at the front looked like they wanted to murder us.

ON TOPIC - Just go. There are some decent bands, and if its a festival you'll have a cool time. Shame you're not sleeping in a tent though, because that always rules. Only 2 and 1/2 weeks till Reading!!!

Guest Ringmaster

So let me get this straight, you live in New Brunswick but you've never been on a plane? Ouch. And you're not gonna be homesick after 2 days.

If you like the bands, then go, but be warned, the Montreal Warped tour is known for being a place full of overbearing and obnoxious Quebecers who get drunk and get in fights. The atmosphere is said to be awful there.

Go for The Hurt Process, first UK Band ever on the Warped Tour, and they fucking rule!!

Ugh.

I saw them supporting Taking Back Sunday and they were fucking awful. THE most generic band, trying to sound like every other "emo" band out there. It just seemed like a fat person shouting into a microphone over New Found Glory style music and a skinny guy with an afro dancing, and occasionally singing.

Haha, the singer said "It's always been my dream to play the Astoria" and my mate shouted "I'm suprised you can even fit on the stage!" and then whole die hard fan group at the front looked like they wanted to murder us.

ON TOPIC - Just go. There are some decent bands, and if its a festival you'll have a cool time. Shame you're not sleeping in a tent though, because that always rules. Only 2 and 1/2 weeks till Reading!!!

I saw them on the same tour at Manchester Academy. I thought they were ace, Recover were also good, but Taking Back Sunday were bloody awful.

I went last Saturday to their stop here in Pampano Beach which is a good hour drive away. The energy there really made it worth it to overcome the rain. See, it started off EXTREMELY hot for the first 2 hours or so then the rain came down. Didn't stop the bands, though. They kept it playing which shows a lot of dedication and there was, of course, dedication of fans staying in the rain to see them. Highlights of the show would include, Rufio, NoFX, Billy Talent, Story Of The Year, Yellowcard, and the finale performed by locals in New Found Glory. But, the biggest highlight was... THE MUD FIGHT! The rain kept pouring down so hard that some people went crazy and gathered around an open field of grass behind the main stages (the were booths sorrounding it) and began yanking out all the grass leaving a BIG pit of mud in the middle in which a good hundreds of people (15,000 attended) just went nuts with. Girls mud wrestling = awesome. The whole experience was great and I came out of there with autographs from a pretty damn good band in Avenged Sevenfold. It was an awesome experience, you should go.

And to those saying they like the older stuff, fret not. Most of the bands on stage shelled out a lot of old stuff and sang maybe only two new songs of theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Heheh, I won tickets to the Warped Tour Reunion Show, the real last show of the tour.

Pennywise, Rancid, Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, Something Corporate, MXPX, New Found Glory and more

sadly...Good Charolette is also there...

Plus a super secret mystery band, which will probably turn out to be Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Of course I didn't have to pay so I don't care!