Goosebumps

hugobomb

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Books
    • TV Show
    • Hated them both
    • Liked them both

Found a load of the episodes of youtube (watching One Day at Horrorland right now). I remember reading damn near all the original Goosebumps books as a kid (Monster Blood ftw) and the tv show was always on during the weekend, so I was wondering if anyone else bar me liked the series and if you did, which did you prefer the book or the tv show?

I had to go with the books. They were what I got into first and just seemed better than the tv show (which just didn't seem as scary as the books were)

I loved both. The books were certainly better, but I always enjoyed the TV show.

I'm big on nostalgia and horror films, so I actually still check out the show when Cartoon Network (of all channels) randomly decides to run marathons. It's still enjoyable to me, even if it's sort of in spite of itself.

That blog's incredibly boring. It's all well and fine to make fun of Goosebumps - everyone does, they aren't really well written at all - but that just comes off as trying waaaayyyy too hard in most entries.

Fuck the books.

I loved them and all, but the programme itself was just awesome. Funnily enough it's something I can still sit here today and watch for hours on end, just brings back brilliant memories. That awesome musical intro, loved it.

Better question, what's everyones favourite episode? Mine is probably the episode where the dad is cloned and actually a plant (Cant remember the name of it, is it called Monster Blood? Honestly cant remember). That episode was fantastic. And 'A Shocker on Shock Street'. Damn I miss this programme. Funnily enough they've just brought out every episode onto DVD, would love to pick them all up cheap just to bring back some memories. There's also talk of a film in the words, hopefully they don't give the series a bad name through it.

That blog's incredibly boring. It's all well and fine to make fun of Goosebumps - everyone does, they aren't really well written at all - but that just comes off as trying waaaayyyy too hard in most entries.

It seems to pretty much veer from funny to really cliche. But oh man, what discovering this blog was really good for was having all of the book titles on the sidebar so I got to see some of the exceptionally bad ones. THE LEGEND OF THE LOST LEGEND.

Fuck the books.

I loved them and all, but the programme itself was just awesome. Funnily enough it's something I can still sit here today and watch for hours on end, just brings back brilliant memories. That awesome musical intro, loved it.

Better question, what's everyones favourite episode? Mine is probably the episode where the dad is cloned and actually a plant (Cant remember the name of it, is it called Monster Blood? Honestly cant remember). That episode was fantastic. And 'A Shocker on Shock Street'. Damn I miss this programme. Funnily enough they've just brought out every episode onto DVD, would love to pick them all up cheap just to bring back some memories. There's also talk of a film in the words, hopefully they don't give the series a bad name through it.

That's Don't Go Into The Basement

The Books for sure. I'm not sure what the name was but whichever one had the giant Hamster gave me nightmares.

Monster Blood 2

the books were way better. i always thought the tv show was a poor man's are you afraid of the dark?

Oh man, Are You Afraid of the Dark? is awesome.

The Goosebumps books were awesome! They were just about the only thing I would ever read. I remember being quite judgemental over some of them though i.e. if it had a cool name/cover then i would read it, otherwise i just thought it's going to be shit.

I believe my favourite books were The Haunted School, The Curse of Camp Cold Lake, One Day at HorrorLand and Calling All Creeps!

Man maybe i should did some of them out again, it might help me get back into reading.

if it had a cool name/cover then i would read it

One Day At HorrorLand, The Haunted School

I hope they had badass covers.