Metallica @ The Corel Center In Ottawa

CKN

Ok I have really started to enjoy Metallica recently and I just found out they are going to be playing at the Corel Center October 7th.... tickets go on sale August 7th.

So I was wondering how good they are live and if it is worth $79.50 - $95.50 to go see them.

Also Godsmack will be there also.

so is it worth the money?

for more info check here http://www.corelcentre.com/acts/metallica-04.aro

Guest Ringmaster

Jook, $95.50 CAN is like 40 pounds, so it's not all that bad. But, I'm not big Metallica fan, so I wouldn't go. And if you are a fan, they've been playing songs from their last CD there which is even worse. And Godsmack is rubbish.

I have backup on my claim that Slayer is the best live band. Besides seeing them (along with Slipknot, who I prefer live), they were also Revolver magazine's pick.

I don't have backup on Morbid Angel... and I've never actually seen them live. Just heard them live and seen clips of them live.

I'm sorry but Slayer is not the best live band ever, that title does indeed belong to Metallica. It's worth every penny to see this tour with Metallica and Godsmack. First off, Godsmack is infinitely better live than they are on CD, it's almost like listening to an entirely different band. I can't stand listening to Godsmack on the radio, but I would pay $40 (American) to see them alone. Second, this Metallica tour is absolutely mindblowing. Don't listen to anyone who says they're going to play the new stuff, they're not. At the show I went to, they played two songs off St. Anger (Frantic & St. Anger), one song off Load (King Nothing), one song off Reload (Fuel), and not even that much off the Black Album, the majority of the songs played were from Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, with even some Kill 'Em All sprinkled in (in fact, they played Metal Militia here in Cincy, which is the first time it's been played live since 1985). You can also check out Livemetallica.com and see set lists for other shows to see what they've been playing. You're looking at a solid 3-3.5 hour show, Godsmack plays for about 45 minutes, and depending on the crowd, Metallica will play at least 2, likely closer to 2.5 hours. It's an insane show, and easily the best concert I've ever been to. It's worth every bit of money you spend, trust me.

Guest seattlebandfan9

Metallica isn't the best live band ever, but I did see them most likely on this same tour you are, because they were with Godsmack here also in Madison.

I paid about 50 dollars American. I quite enjoyed it. They played a lot of older stuff, which is what I was hoping for.

But its your money man, you should do with it what you want to.

I'm sorry but Slayer is not the best live band ever, that title does indeed belong to Metallica.  It's worth every penny to see this tour with Metallica and Godsmack.  First off, Godsmack is infinitely better live than they are on CD, it's almost like listening to an entirely different band.  I can't stand listening to Godsmack on the radio, but I would pay $40 (American) to see them alone.  Second, this Metallica tour is absolutely mindblowing.  Don't listen to anyone who says they're going to play the new stuff, they're not.  At the show I went to, they played two songs off St. Anger (Frantic & St. Anger), one song off Load (King Nothing), one song off Reload (Fuel), and not even that much off the Black Album, the majority of the songs played were from Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, with even some Kill 'Em All sprinkled in (in fact, they played Metal Militia here in Cincy, which is the first time it's been played live since 1985).  You can also check out Livemetallica.com and see set lists for other shows to see what they've been playing.  You're looking at a solid 3-3.5 hour show, Godsmack plays for about 45 minutes, and depending on the crowd, Metallica will play at least 2, likely closer to 2.5 hours.  It's an insane show, and easily the best concert I've ever been to.  It's worth every bit of money you spend, trust me.

That's what I've heard from my friends, too. Judging by the review Zero here gave it and the review(s) my friends gave the concert they went to, I'd definetly say go to it.

Well shit, it ain't even your money, why is it even up for debate? I'm telling ya from seeing the show myself, being a Metallica fan (at any point in time) and missing this show is a tragedy.