Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes

TheRaySays

Yeah it looks pretty good and different than most people think but still looks good. And the best part about is that it looks different than your normal Guy Ritchie movie (not that his other movies aren't good as they are great).

And Rachel McAdams :wub:

Edited by Livid Soprano

Looks pretty good. My first thought was "Its like Robert Downey Jr. is playing Tony Stark in the 19th century." I enjoyed that though, so I'm definately going to forget its coming out until I see the commercials on TV and go see it in December.

Why do they need to turn every old story in a genneric action movie these days?

Because they're out of ideas AND people will not see an 1850s detective mystery in 2009. I'm sorry. It won't happen.

Surely a "generic action movie" is insert terrorists, one man army defeats them, boom boom film over? This looks to be a brilliant little film and while I don't think it'll be generic, I can't say it won't be and you can't say it will be >_> I'd hardly say it's fair to label the film before it's even out.

Surely a "generic action movie" is insert terrorists, one man army defeats them, boom boom film over?

So... basically a Steven Seagal/Jean-Claude Van Damme movie? :P:shifty:

Guy Ritchie only ever falls into "generic" because he's crafted genres.

This is gonna be a wonderfully bizarre and tongue-in-cheek quirky fella no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be less action than it seems anyway seeing as US movie trailers always chuck in all the action stuff and mix up all the quotes to tell the story they want to while European trailers seem to be more focussed on the story itself.

Because they're out of ideas AND people will not see an 1850s detective mystery in 2009. I'm sorry. It won't happen.

I would have agreed with that statement but that was before I saw Depp in Sweeney Todd...

I believe that done properly, we WOULD go see an 1850s Detective film in 2009.

I am reserving judgement on this one til I see it.. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and do worry about this one.

I would have agreed with that statement but that was before I saw Depp in Sweeney Todd...

I am reserving judgement on this one til I see it.. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and do worry about this one.

I'd watch an 1850's detective film in 2009.

I'd also watch a Guy Ritchie generic action film.

I'm just not sure I want to watch them together!

I mean could they have not just made the same movie but call the guy something else so as to nto invite the obvious negative comparisons that it will generate?

That was just what i was going to reply. There are a lot of slow paced well thought out good movies around these days. (Seen "Let the right one in" ?)

And wen i was talking genneric i was more thinking about the class that these old movies had... the new James Bond is just another action movie... not that it wassent an action movie before, but it had special class, now you could just slap another name on it and no one would go and say "Hey thats a James Bond Ripoff"... with that said, i just read somewere that there are planes to restart Buffy without Joss. WTF.

Take a look at that trailer again, and pretend that you do not know that it´s a Holmes Movie, that all the names are different... and than tell me, dos it feel Holmes or dos it feel like something you could slap any other name on. If you can, it´s generic... and it´s obviusly action packt.

And let's not go overboard on the Whedeonverse love because the movie came before the series anyways and they're re-making the movie, not the series. Besides, it's clear that vampires is in pop culture now with Twilight and True Blood, etc. so why not try and get in on the fun and get a potentially good movie out of it?

And jesus christ, settle down. It's re-imagining. You know what else was re-imagined? The latest Batman movies and they did pretty damn well with it. And you're judging this based off of 2 minutes of footage, just wait until the movie's released and you see it before you get so up in arms about it?