The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

In other news, Corluka says that Redknapp is after Srna. Could be worse.

I doubt we'd go after Srna. Why would Harry replace Lennon after the season he's had? And even if it's to get him playing right back we're already stacked in that position.

Ricardo Rocha was released recently but apparently Redknapp has been told he needs to sell before he buys which is odd because we always have £40m-odd floating around for transfers :shifty:

I'm guessing Bentley is on his way out but we won't get anywhere near the amount we paid for him. Zokora or Huddlestone might be on their way and a striker or two is bound to go. If Redknapp really wants Downing now might be the time to get him with him being injured and in a division below, get him cheaper than he otherwise would be.

Carvalho has essentially put himself up for transfer, saying he wants to go find some first-team football somewhere.

I suspected he'd probably go. He was unlucky with injuries this season, meaning Alex shunted him out of the starting line-up, We've got Ivanovic and Mancienne as other centrebacks as well, so we won't be found shortstaffed.

Hopefully we can get at least £7m or so for him, maybe.

Edited by stokeriño

Lol Sunderland. Good luck with Steve Bruce for the next season or however long.

Also, Tony Adams thinks he has a chance with the Celtic job? I'd have thought that Celtic would be after a tried and tested manager after losing league and cup this season.

Also, Tony Adams thinks he has a chance with the Celtic job? I'd have thought that Celtic would be after a tried and tested manager after losing league and cup this season.

Celtic have come out and laughed at Adams, whilst the guy he reckons was going to hire him has denied everything as well.

Basically seems like Adams is going mental.

If I were a Wigan fan (are there actually any Wigan fans?), I'd be begging Whelan to do all he can to get Martinez. He's one of the young managers I actually think has what it takes to do well at the top level, a bit like Zola. He's also got very good contacts, proved by the players he brought into Swanseas team.

AC Milan players are now falling over themselves to rule out any possibility of moving to Chelsea (Pato, Kaka, Pirlo, etc.).

Not that we ever were really going to get any of them. But still, it's a little mean. :shifty:

And since this Zhirkov thing might not actually exist, we find ourselves still at square one.

Celtic have come out and laughed at Adams, whilst the guy he reckons was going to hire him has denied everything as well.

Basically seems like Adams is going mental.

I do like it.

Tony Adams: Wim Jansen said that I'm a great manager and said I should manage Celtic.

Celtic: lol, no.

Wim Jansen: I said nothing!

Tony Adams: :/

Bruce lacked the ambition that we claimed we were going for, but we have got a decent manager. He's a 2 year manager or something probably and then he'll run off somewhere else for a new challenge (money) and then hopefully he'll have established us as a proven team for an even better manager to step into the job.

He does well with little money, so lets hope he can do even better with more money. Plus he's bringing Black and a few others with him, so we have a decent back room team now which is useful - something we've lacked for a long time now. Apparently he wants to sign, Valencia - awesome!, Scharner - ehh and Bramble - the fuck?

I'm content with Bruce and think he'll do okay with us. But he's a Newcastle fan, confessed, so I think he's going to be under more intense scrutiny than anyone else would have been. I reckon he'll take us forward, and then when he's off a new manager can maybe take us a bit further.

I'd rather do a Fulham or even Wigan about improving and do it piece by piece in a methodical manner than a Man City "money = KAKA" way and fall flat on our face.

If there's one thing I'm happy about with Bruce is that I don't think we'll be relegated with him. One thing I dislike is that we're relying on a Newcastle fan - although he did beat them 5-1 with Birmingham so it's not like he's unprofessional, it just feels a bit degrading to us fans almost.

Even though I didn't want Strachan, if we'd got him I'd do the same as I would with Bruce, Mancini, Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, God, my dad, whoever. I'd at least give them a chance first. Just hope he gets rid of the shit players and brings in some 19 year old Bolivians and Guatemalans who are awesome <_<

Because he's Titus Bramble and he looks moronic, he looks like the kid at school who spat and drooled when he spoke <_<

Although he did hit the crossbar in the Soccer AM challenge.

I don't mind Scharner, think hes a good player, 29 though. Would have hoped for someone maybe a bit younger and better, but he's fighting into the Austrian team I believe.

Whatever happens Bruce won't waste money like Keane did. At least Bramble might play unlike the re-signing of Stanislas Varga with Roy Keanes "OH MY GOD I HAVE MONEY I MUST SPEND IT ALL NOW ON PLAYERS" stance. No wonder Keane walked when Short began to take more control, Short probably told him he didn't want him anywhere near his money ever again.

Just seeing Bramble running around in a Sunderland strip. I just can't picture it.

Edited by IAceI