NHL '10/2k10

Mr. X

The Leaf's have won the cup! And in the off season, there has been some BIG changes.

Gagne, no longer our top LW. That job goes to Semin, who went from an 84 to 86 in the season, AND signed for less.

Kessel, no longer our top C. That job goes to Malkin, had to give the Pens quite a bit, but now we have a super-star center.

Luple, no longer our top RW. That job goes to Kane. This one was a bit of a risk, his contract was running out, but thankfully he re-signed.

Schenn improved enough to be on the top line with Kabs. And man, now I'm being ass raped for cap space (Malkin and his 8mil), my 4th line is utter shit, and so is my 3rd Def. pairing.

Funny you should mention Toronto winning the Cup Ruki, In the last few Playoff's in my Be-A-GM games, I've had a TON of upsets.

There was one playoff's where every series but one 3vs6 series was won by the team with the larger seed and it's happened again in my new Colorado game, Columbus beat the #1 ranked Canucks, The #2 ranked Sharks and the #6 ranked Blackhwaks on the way to the SC Finals along with Toronto beating the #1 ranked Buffalo, the #3 ranked Atlanta and the #4 ranked Carolina to make it the the finals too.

and in the battle of the #8 ranked teams, Toronto promptly beat the Jackets in 5 to win the Cup.

In the very first year of my Franchise, It boggles the mind, I've heard of anything can happen in hockey, But jeez.

I picked it up, haven't played it yet. Trying to refocus on things in my life that bring me joy, but its taking alot of time. Infamous has been sitting on my shelf for a month now, haven't touched it. I'm going to hate this girl forever if she fucked up enjoying video games for me.

I think I threw away my chance to start my second BAP season in Ottawa because I forgot to use my stat point upgrades from achieving all 5 of my expectations last season. So when they assigned us, the depth chart was:

Jonas Hiller (FA) - 84

David Leneveu (I assume his name is David, he was my backup in the AHL last season - 77 (that's a 5 point boost, the prick >_>)

Myself - 76

Some guy - 71

But after stat boosts I was up to 77 as well.

...Yep, think I punted that one.

I am having a hard time deciding between BAP and BAGM because I KNOW I don't have the attention span to do both of them.. but I still don't know which would be more rewarding. I am leaning towards BAP right now because I was lucky enough to get drafted to Montreal and I'm kicking the AHL's ass right now in Hamilton.. but still I see more long term gain in building a club up.

Opinions?

Depends on how involved you want to get, really. BAP is better to pick up and play, but Be a GM is great if you're prepared to put the effort into it. Whenever I hit the end of a season on Be a GM, I stop playing it until the weekend, because I know I have to sit in front of my notepad and TV for like..three hours...and take copious amounts of notes regarding:

Skill, Current Contract Value, Potential, Age and Player type of my current contracts so that I know for renegotiations

and then I make a table and scout the prospects game by tallying who does good things and not so good things during the game.

New roster update is out, but you have to get it through live quick matches. After you have it, it'll be your default roster until you turn off the system, then you'll have to go back onto some live mode to get it to load up again. I assume they'll release it as an actual roster update soon, but for now it'll just save as an online roster that you can't just load up whenever you want.

New roster update is out, but you have to get it through live quick matches. After you have it, it'll be your default roster until you turn off the system, then you'll have to go back onto some live mode to get it to load up again. I assume they'll release it as an actual roster update soon, but for now it'll just save as an online roster that you can't just load up whenever you want.

If it's like last year, after you load up the online rosters, exit that and save your rosters in the main menu. Then you'll have the updated rosters. That said, they're fixing some other things for the Manual Update that should be released before the end of the weekend.

Screw Tavares. Yay Mike Del Zotto and Matty Gilroy!

I started a Be A GM with the new rosters and latest tuner set, slightly changed the sliders to make things a little more difficult. Went 3-0 down against the Pens in my opening game, thinking this was too hard because they'd only had about 6 shots. Then I mount a comeback, get back to 3-2 but then ruin my chances by taking a couple of late penalties and being forced to finish the game 5-on-3. Good challenge, though.