NHL '10/2k10

Mr. X

So I just got my TV fixed, then I immediately downloaded FW3.0 and the demo.

*ahem*

THIS IS AWESOME *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I can't WAIT for the full game now, the Battle for the cup mode was sweet, and I usually don't like playing as the full team. Prospects game is a sweet idea.

I'm jonesing to play as a goalie in the prospects game (was a bit gutted to discover I couldn't in the demo) and here's hoping Be-A-GM is just what Doctor Plubby ordered.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1024617p1.html

Review's up with a solid score, but it's somehow lower than 09, despite the fact that they seemed to improve upon basically everything and the game plays much better than 09. I hate ragging on reviews and the like, but... this one's just kinda fucking dumb.

Anyway, picking it up tomorrow at some point. I may consider even getting 2K10, what with a trade-in deal at EB of any two select games and you get it for free. I think 10 will be better, but 2K10 seriously does look pretty damned good and if I can get it for games I don't really play anymore I'll do it. I'll assume that like 09 and 2K9 they'll play quite differently. Again, basically for free, why not?

I'm grabbing NHL 10 today. I haven't had a hockey game for a current gen system since the first NHL one for the 360. I used to get the 2K ones when they were 20 bucks but I always hated their gameplay. EA's game just feels right. I'm hoping the Be A Pro mode is fun because on paper it sounds like it's a pretty neat feature. I'm a big franchise nut so the new update for it sounds fantastic.

Picking it up at lunch time and then.....then I have to wait until work finishes for me to play. I think I will be changing the name of the prospects from their generic ones to you fine EWBers.

Edit: Apparently there is already a roster update, with Heatly on the Sharks and everything.

I have to wait until my Xbox arrives back home sometime this week or early next... and then I still have to wait because I'm more broke than Back Mountain.

Extra goalie equipment this year... what seems to be a better commitment to roster updates... Be-a-GM... I need this game.

The deal to include real life players is with the NHLPA.

Because these rookies have yet to play a regular season contest with their teams, they are not considered part of the Players Association yet.

What I'll be doing is playing through the non-Dynasty stuff to get the unlockables, and Be A Pro for a bit. By the middle of October, there should be a roster update with all of the rookies included.

I'm a little confused for Be A Pro. I wasn't able to change anything except my name, position, and player type. I couldn't change my look and stuff. And I can't even change my hometown.

So far I find it disappointing, but the game I did play I had a blast. Game play is fine, just the features will take some getting used to I think. Such as my Be A Pro problems.

I think I got the hang of it now. Just killed Montreal in the season opener. Helps that Toskala was standing on his head. I love dumping the puck in and pinning the first defender back to the boards. Dump and chase is a viable option in this game! If you have some fast wingers, it can create a two on one with your two other forwards against the isolated defender.

I am awful at the fighting so far.

I don't have a next gen system so I can't buy either, but if I did, I would probably buy 2K10, if only for the Ovechkin ad proclaiming "The Party Is Now!" with the R in Party turned backwards.

So, had a busy off season with free agency, trades and the draft. My goal as the Leaf's? Get some offense. And I did, I got Brend'amore from Carolina, Zherdev from the Rangers and......Philly offered me a trade for Gagne, which I took in a heart beat. Stopped just before the season opener against Montreal. And anyone know a good way to get teams to "Good" status with you?

Toe, you freaking suck and I hate you :angry:

Like I said, I put a few EWBer's into the game (Toe, MPH, Plubby, SDM, ect....).....and......Dragsy was drafted 1st overall by the Islanders.