NHL '10/2k10

Mr. X

The achievements look good but the majority of them are pretty stupid in my opinion. I hate when they load a game full of online achievements that are more chance than skill. Then again, I don't play sports games online so it really doesn't matter to me.

How are they more chance than skill? I'd say it's the other way around.

Things like complete an online game without a penalty, win a game online without getting offside, stuff like that. I guess after re-reading the list more are skill based but it seems EA always throws in some odd ones. Maybe it's just because I always have a poor experience when playing sports games online. I seem to attract cheaters or people who exploit glitches, etc.

Offsides I guess is a bit of luck because your computer team-mates can screw that up for you. I'd say playing without penalties is skill, though.

It's not just you, you'll find glitchers and cheaters in every game, unfortunately sports games are more susceptible to it. From the sounds of it though there will be very few if any money goals on NHL 10 which sounds promising.

Is there going to be a demo? If so, when?

And dammit, a few weeks ago I wasn't even sure if I wanted the game....and now? Now I need the game :( Stupid Be a GM mode.

The Demo should be out in 2-3 weeks. The game drops a month or so after that. The demo is supposed to be more than just the regular game between Stanley Cup Finalists. What exactly it will have, hasn't been said yet, but Littman did say it would allow us to explore some new additions to the game.

I never saw a list, it just says "qualifying games".

And I dunno how long it's on for but eh, if there's lots of other games in your library to play right now I'd get rid of NHL 09 ASAP before the price on your re-sell goes back to one dollar. I traded in a bunch of games but he used 09 and Lord Of The Rings: Conquest to do mine.

Checking the flyer on the site now.. it also works for NCAA Football '10, Madden '10 and The Bigs 2.. games trade-in value has to be at least 8 dollars.

Might be old, but god dammit, it is making me want this game more!

Edit: Found this quote on another forum:

David Littman (producer of NHL 10) anwsered in a Gamespot Blog, that in BAP you would play a prospects game which defined were you would b selected among the top 30 spots in the draft. Once you were drafted you'll play few games with ur NHL team and that will determine if you'll play in the NHL or build ur way up through the AHL.

Ok, really? That is fucking awesome.

Edited by Ruki
  • Like 1

Yay, one week until the demo!

Went and got my pre-order today. I had to pay a $1.03 since my trade ins were not enough sad.gif

Edit: So, who is all going to be on the EASHL team? And I assume I'm defense again? :shifty:

Edited by Ruki

Yay, one week until the demo!

Went and got my pre-order today. I had to pay a $1.03 since my trade ins were not enough sad.gif

Edit: So, who is all going to be on the EASHL team? And I assume I'm defense again? :shifty:

Your averaging 100+ hits a game, Where else are they going to put you?