Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Blahdy 'ell.

Fair enough to Wolves for coming to the Lane and getting a win thanks to an early skimmed header from a freekick.

But 85 minutes of ten men behind the ball defending?! What a total waste of time. They may have won but they're offering nothing there.

Good to see Modric back though, some touches of genius. We're never gonna win an attacking freekick while Crouch is on the pitch because the second he jumps the ref blows cos it looks like he's climbing....No, he's just that big. Doesn't help that he looks gangly.

Fergie is to blame for that one folks. 4-5-1 at home to an inferior side? (Near enough to 4-5-1, call it whatever you want, Giggs was not playing alongside Rooney).

Why, when we know Villa are going to play 2 up front, are we not playing 4-4-2 and saying, "we'll match you up, we're better than you" ? Particularly when we had 3 strikers on the bench, one of whom scored a hat trick in midweek. So negative.

By the time he changed it, it was always going to be tough. Villa were obviously just going to defend second half.

Shit team selection aside, Rooney looked like he'd dug Djemba Djemba's old boots out from somewhere. Valencia turned into Nani. Carrick was terrible and Park non-existant. Awful, awful performance just when we could've put some pressure on Chelsea.

Also, we need someone who can get a corner past the first man.

Blahdy 'ell.

Fair enough to Wolves for coming to the Lane and getting a win thanks to an early skimmed header from a freekick.

But 85 minutes of ten men behind the ball defending?! What a total waste of time. They may have won but they're offering nothing there.

What do you expect? Seriously? They go one nil up, they don't need to push forward anymore, they have an inferior side to you, so 10 men behind the ball is the way to go. It annoys me when people whinge about that as a tactic, but if a weaker side go 1-0 ahead, why should they leave themselves open to letting in goals by pushing when it isn't needed?

If anything, giving you 85 minutes of total dominance leaves them vulnerable to letting in 2 or 3 when you get the breakthrough, but your guys didn't.

Fergie is to blame for that one folks. 4-5-1 at home to an inferior side? (Near enough to 4-5-1, call it whatever you want, Giggs was not playing alongside Rooney).

Why, when we know Villa are going to play 2 up front, are we not playing 4-4-2 and saying, "we'll match you up, we're better than you" ? Particularly when we had 3 strikers on the bench, one of whom scored a hat trick in midweek. So negative.

By the time he changed it, it was always going to be tough. Villa were obviously just going to defend second half.

Shit team selection aside, Rooney looked like he'd dug Djemba Djemba's old boots out from somewhere. Valencia turned into Nani. Carrick was terrible and Park non-existant. Awful, awful performance just when we could've put some pressure on Chelsea.

Also, we need someone who can get a corner past the first man.

Agree wholeheartedly.

At least now my 'fear' of playing Villa has some substance. They're always a big threat, and even more so with the whippets out wide.

It was a painful 90 minutes to watch yesterday, and it didn't help at all that a City fan was sitting next to me the whole time. I don't know what Fergie was thinking when he played Rooney as the lone striker in the first half, when we had both Berbatov and especially Owen healthy.

Plus, I can't understand why in God's name Sir Alex is still putting Anderson to the starting line-up. I think I'm not the only one when I say he's as useless as a hat full of busted assholes, as he can't pass the ball properly, can't run with it, can't dribble, can't score and can't do absolutely shit. Hell, I think Fergie should've given Darron Gibson his place in the starting eleven, 'cause if he's got nothing else on Anderson, atleast he's proven that he can actually score goals!

Combine all of these elements with Giggs playing way below his pedigree, Rooney lacking the finishing touches, Valencia (just like Whisper in the Wind said) looking like Nani, Park being a pile of South-Korean dog shit and Michael Carrick accomplishing absolutely nothing on the pitch, and we have ourselves a rare occasion: Manchester United losing, and not scoring a single goal at Old Trafford.

I didn't think we were actually half as bad as you guys are making out. We should of buried a few goals, but the luck wasn't on our side on the day. Villa played pretty fan-dabi-dozi in terms of giving it their all and defending to the death. We still played some nice football but just didn't get the goals. It's disappointing after Chelsea slipped up, but it's just one of those typical days. I do agree Owen should of started though, I really don't get why we had just Rooney up there. The official also deserved props on the Rooney booking, got it spot on in all fairness. Hopefully we can bounce back from this in the midweek action.

Guest Raving Rich

BBC screwed up on their history in their match report. They said it's the first time Villa beat United for the first time in the league since 1983. I guess they missed out 1995 where Villa won on the opening day of the season 3-1 at Villa Park and some bloke called Beckham got his first Premier League goal in that game as well.

Fuck off Younes Kaboul and your scary eyebrows.

As soon as that went out for a corner I knew it was going to go in.

Our players don't know when to kick the ball long and when to pass it out, or if they do they're just intentionally doing the opposite when they get it. Despite that we were better than Portsmouth and deserved to win, but we were still utter shite. Can't see Pompey staying up if that's the basis of their performances.

I can see why Johnson was taken off. Both of the goals were involving him, not sure he's culpable for the first but for the second he seemed not to close down Arsharvin. Flagged in the second half, the whole team did.