Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Jesus that was frustrating ...

Arsenal had about infinity billion GOOD chances ... this game was the EXACT poster for why it's so frustrating to be an Arsenal fan. freaking own goal, hey lets not cover wayne fucking rooney down the middle of the pitch, and then acting like first timers on numerous chances in the box. Just, wow.

I would say that United had plenty of chances themselves and maybe more than Arsenal. Of course there was a little luck in some of United's goals but that's football.

If both teams had have taken all their chances it would have been United 7-6 or 6-5 I think.

I've been looking more into the Pompey situation.

Administration: Company is owned by the taxman whilst they try to asset strip the company... whilst trying to make sure that it can be sold onto someone else. During this time someone can attempt to buy the company by paying X pence to the pound, but this has to be agreed with the administrators. I'm sure after the Leeds ruling that they made sure that you can't pay less than 80p to the pound when buying a football club in administration.

Winding up: The amount of debt that the company owes means that the company will increase their debt if it's allowed to exist. The company is then closed and all assets are sold off to recoup the costs to the taxman and all other debtors.

As far as I know, the club will be wound up on February 10th, I don't actually know if the club appealed over the order at the start of last week... but I get the feeling that their appeal would be thrown out anyway.

This means one of two things:

1) Portsmouth will go into administration on February 9th and attempt to delay the inevitable

2) Portsmouth will not exist as a football club as of 10am on February 10th

I think this is the end folks. I was speaking a while ago about how the league wouldn't allow a club to go into administration, but administration doesn't even seem to be the worst case scenario regarding Portsmouth.

Ironically I've been speaking to a bunch of Portsmouth fans who think that the biggest date between now and the end of the season is February 13th: the day they play rivals Southampton in the FA Cup.

From the sounds of things, it could be Sunderland who will be playing them.

Edited by The General

For fairness I'll assume that all their games will be null and void.

There is no way that the league would allow some clubs to have a 1,3 or even 6 point advantage over other clubs.

Edit: should be interesting to work out how their cup games will go.

Edited by The General

Awesome from Hull, done us a HUGE favour ahead of the big clash between Chelsea/Arsenal this weekend, which I'm now hoping for an Arsenal win rather than a draw.

It's also now looking like the Chelsea/United clash is going to be massive, cant wait for that one.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_keanespursexit.gif

...and sounds like he might be coming back at the end of the season and NOT be sold on. Harry's saying that as far as he's concerned Keane's future is at Spurs but meh, he's said stuff like that before.

I blame Rafa.

For everything.

Including 9/11.

• Like 2

To be honest you could loop that gif forever with every single club he's been at. He's Ireland's answer to Nicholas Anelka only he's not as good.

As it turns out, there are two people in charge of selling players at Portsmouth FC

Daniel Azougy, a three times convicted fraudster

Mark Jacob, a lifelong Spurs supporter

So ultimately, Jacob was offering players to Spurs for ridiculously low prices, presumably because he knew that the club was about to fold and might as well let Spurs benefit from the fire sale.

Meanwhile Azougy was receiving most of the transfer money after giving Portsmouth some loans with presumably fictional money... and getting the rewards from it.

YET SOMEHOW THEY CAN STILL AFFORD TO SIGN FREE TRANSFERS AND ADD THEM TO A WAGE BILL THEY CAN'T PAY?

Fucking hell, and I thought Newcastle was in the shitter some time ago... this just takes the piss.