Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Anagrams are supposed to make other words when the letters are rearranged.

And I take it Carlisle was on Countdown or something then? Should worry more about his game, he had an absolute shocker today, I haven't seen someone play that badly in years.

Just noticed you said he was on Countdown and then I asked if he was on Countdown or something this week, I read threads good. :shifty:

Edited by NBT

Anagrams are supposed to make other words when the letters are rearranged.

And I take it Carlisle was on Countdown or something then? Should worry more about his game, he had an absolute shocker today, I haven't seen someone play that badly in years.

Just noticed you said he was on Countdown and then I asked if he was on Countdown or something this week, I read threads good. :shifty:

I've never been prouder of you :wub:

He's a spiteful, bitter, horrible old man now. It was an accident, both players went FLYING in. It was an old fashioned 50-50. If anything, Ramsey went in stupidly with his leg and a horrible, horrible accident happened. Be angry, be annoyed, be upset - sure. But to even act like it was half as bad as he's acting is terrible, Shawcross was clearly distraught, it clearly wasn't a bad tackle, or a foul, or anything.. He was sent off because of the injury. He doesn't deserve his ban, but he'll need the time off. I imagine Shawcross will spend a few months being less committed in the tackle - Wenger's comments don't help anything.

• Like 5

F*uck.Almost exactly 2 years after Eduardo and now this...The players were devastated.But this time they won,I was so proud of the team after the game,I was in tears.Arsenal needs to win this league for Ramsey,they just have to do it!Two years ago when Eduardo got injured we lost the league...last night I think we've witnessed the birth of champions.Let's win this f*cking thing!

I don't trust that picture. Particularly if you look at the other players in the background - from comparing it to the animated gif of the incident, it doesn't fit at all.

I think you're right, if you look at the picture, then the gif from above it, Faye (if that is Faye for Stoke in the still) is nowhere near where he should be, and actually the advertising hoardings look suspcious behind it too. Add to that the fact that the shape of Ramsey's entire body in relation to the leg looks off, and I think you're right.

On the tackle, there's no way Shawcross intended that and it is just an unfortunate accident. Wenger may have got caught up in the emotion of it all with his comments, but they weren't right and I'm glad that the Stoke players & Tony Pulis have come out and defended Shawcross over this incident. Still horrible to see, and I hope he makes a full recovery as he's a very good player.

Portsmouth are going to court tomorrow as the HMRC believe that they can contest administration.

I think this will be it for Portsmouth, they handed over their book of finances about a week or so ago and I think that the HMRC have finally realised that Pompey have committed major financial crimes.

If HMRC can prove that they were insolvent during the end of January... thus added players to the books despite being insolvent... that's huge. Trading whilst insolvent is what can wind up companies right there and then.

Add that to the list of other financial irregularities (blatant theft from previous owners, lying about club finances, the possibility of cash in hand deals, the strange methods of signing players) and it's game over.

This is what I THINK is happening

1. Pompey were given a set date before they were to be wound up
  2. Just before that date they went into administration (which delays winding up orders by eight weeks)
  3. HMRC realise that within 8 weeks, the debt to HMRC may have gone up in interest alone... so it is unsustainable to keep Portsmouth continuing as a business
  4. Portsmouth are going to be wound up tomorrow because they have been trading whilst insolvent, amongst other major abnormalities.

Owen's out for the rest of the season, which just goes to show that even where injuries are concerned: form is temporary, class is forever.

Bosingwa's also going to need further knee surgery, but to be honest I wasn't really expecting him back for the rest of the season anyway. I've always had a high opinion of Ivanovic and he's done really well this season in Bosingwa's absence.

Watch him get injured this weekend. :shifty: