Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

• Admin

No Rooney can only be a good thing. Hopefully Berbatov can keep up his recent run of form!! Good to seen Lennon and perhaps moreso Owen Hargreaves back in their squads.

Assou-Ekotto at right-back for Spurs with Bale at left-back. Modric and Bentley on the wings with Palacios returning in the middle alongside Huddlestone.

From dominic on 606: "Please tell me somebody is watching the SKY coverage and has seen that suit?!?!? Dwight Yorke what on earth?! Seriously, if you haven't seen it, look NOW!"

Ahem, and then come straight back here. Do look though. Wow.

Obviously I can't see this in Australia - just how bad was that suit?

I actually really like Colin Murray now. I didn't like him at first because I thought "oh it's that ballbag from Radio 1, what does he know about footie?" but he's like a little kid in his excitement and that's kinda refreshing. He's definitely grown on me. Will be a change from Chiles' dour voice, though I quite liked him.

Maybe the happiest I've been over a performance all season. Dominated the game from the first whistle and just looked in control for almost the entire match.

Rafael had a blip with the Spurs goal, but outside of that I thought he was fantastic. Handled Bale brilliantly I thought, which not many people have been able to do lately. Berbatov ran his heart out again with another really good performance. And Nani was just awesome, it's unbelievable how he's turned everything around and has become one of our match winning players. Macheda came on and gave another great contribution straight away (Cue 'OMGZ OVERRATED').

All in all, outside of the sloppy goal, that was another brilliant performance. Win or lose the title, this is one hell of a finish to the season.

• Like 3

Wohoo! People (the studio hosts on Finnish television, Phil McNulty, etc.) called the first half dull and boring, but I myself enjoyed it simply for the fact that it was more of a vintage, dominant United performance than anything we've seen in the past few weeks. If you don't count Rafael's stupid mistake which led to King's goal (and the sloppy few minutes that followed), we controlled the match and deserved both the three goals and the three points - and that makes me one happy man.

Plus it's great to see Nani score a beautiful goal, and a winning goal at that. Happy for the guy after all those shitty months he had earlier this season. :blush:

• Like 1

Wow, TWICE Wigan have scored on corner kicks where the ball wasn't inside the quadrant all the way, and the second one sure looked like it went in of Rodallega's arm. Great referee, Alan Wiley, you are.

Oh, I know. The first one wasn't at all, and the second was suspicious. Hard to tell. Even if the second was in, it looked liked Rodallega put it in with his arm.

Thankfully Parker scored a wonder goal to put us back up. Seriously, all he does is save our asses time after time.

yeh Parkers played well for you this season could do with trying to keep him. Hull pretty much gone now with their abysmal -41goal difference

• Admin

Anyone see what Altidore got sent off for? Apparently headbutted and punched Alan Hutton, according to Merson. Surely didn't hit him too hard?

Hutton foolishly threw the ball at Altidore's back when he was on the ground. Altidore reacted badly and did square up to him and possibly shoved him but no fistycuffs. Both men sent off although I'd argue that Hutton only really deserved a yellow for unsportsmanlike behaviour.