Non-League Football 2009/2010 Thread

hugobomb

Here we go again...

Ebbsfleet United have received an offer of £55,000 for EUFC striker Michael Gash. The club who has made the offer wishes to remain anonymous until the vote is completed.

The terms of the offer are as follows:

- EUFC receive £30,000 on signing

- EUFC receive £25,000 on 1 January 2010

- and should Michael Gash be transferred in future from the unnamed club, EUFC will receive 20% of the total transfer fee received by the unnamed club

In addition, the previous 30% sell-on fee to Cambridge City, the club EUFC purchased Michael Gash from, has been re-negotiated to a single £7,000 payment. This means that should the transfer be approved by members, EUFC would gross £48,000. If in future Michael Gash is transferred by the unnamed club, Cambridge City would receive 30% of the 20% that EUFC would receive from the sale.

Liam Daish commented: "Weighing everything up, I think this is the right deal for Ebbsfleet United and Michael Gash. It will make a considerable difference to our playing budget and enable me to bring in a number of the players we've been looking at over the last few week. I have spoken to Michael and he has expressed a wish to move on."

Club accountant Graeme Swift commented: "Financially, this looks like a sound move for Ebbsfleet United. It will increase our Net playing budget by £890 per week as well as free up the current wages of Micahel Gash. It will certainly give Liam Daish more options."

I wonder if it's York again...

And in typical Fleet fashion, the vote will be 24 hours. So something will be decided by tomorrow at 20:00

Opening weekend. Wimbledon and Luton get a tie on the way to the top of the standings. Fleet tie at Altrincham. Crawley ends up in another lopsided game. Chester can't even get on the field cause the FA is ridiculous.

If Chester is screwed, may as well cut them now and give the other 23 clubs the six points.

We drew at MK 0-0. Good result imo.

Oh yea, last nights football league show is on iplayer if anyone missed it (Y)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m38q7/The_Football_League_Show_08_08_2009/

You got the wrong thread man, or is it wishful thinking for two years time? :P

And I can't see Chester ever being allowed in, also, surely each team shouldn't just be given 6 points? It makes absolutely no difference as it'd be every time so, as they haven't played a game, they would just strike them from the record completely and nobody would get any points, 23 teams and 44 games.

I can't believe this is serious...

A vote on Chester City's future

"We have just recieved a letter the Conference asking all Blue Square Premier teams to vote on whether they are happy to let Chester City remain in our league with a 25 points deduction. To vote 'no' would quite possibly be voting a football club out of existance. Some background to Chester City's plight can be seen HERE

The league's board are heavily recommending we vote that Chester City stay. This is also the view of myself, club director Brian Kilcullen and Keith Handley (Yorkfox) who is Chairman of the MyFC members board.

We have to reply by 10am (BST) Monday 10 August. I hope as many members as possible can take part in this important decision.

Duncan Holt, EUFC Chairman."

This vote will close at 9.45am (BST) Monday 10 August.

I would just assume if they did fold, then all their games would be wins and three points for the other teams.

It would make no difference if all teams got 3/6 or 0 points, everyone would still be on the same anyway, so just leave it a 0. I want them to stay in the league though, surely the FA should be trying to help football teams instead of trying to hinder them. The 25 points is a hefty enough penalty, too hefty in my oppinion. Just let them play and get relegated which is what will inevitably happen with a 25 point deduction.

On a lighter note, Luton crushed Mansfield 4-1 last night in a display that could have provided another four goals. This was with 8 first teamers out either injured or suspended also. Mansfield are supposed to be one of the top sides in this league, so thats a great performance from us.

I would just assume if they did fold, then all their games would be wins and three points for the other teams.

It would make no difference if all teams got 3/6 or 0 points, everyone would still be on the same anyway, so just leave it a 0. I want them to stay in the league though, surely the FA should be trying to help football teams instead of trying to hinder them. The 25 points is a hefty enough penalty, too hefty in my oppinion. Just let them play and get relegated which is what will inevitably happen with a 25 point deduction.

On a lighter note, Luton crushed Mansfield 4-1 last night in a display that could have provided another four goals. This was with 8 first teamers out either injured or suspended also. Mansfield are supposed to be one of the top sides in this league, so thats a great performance from us.

Mansfield are nothing special, they were solidly midtable last season and don't look like one of the favourites this year either really. But, beating anybody 4-1 is a great result, especially after the draw at Wimbledon at the weekend.

Hatch is injured and is having an operation on his foot and will be out for a month before he has even started! White is suspended for three games, but I think both of them will make us a much better side. I watched them pre-season and Hatch especially is exactly the player we need, I think he's great!